Unable to burn MP3 disc on windows media player by carkids
Hi Puppy Breath, You are right, I need to learn basic skills in windows. I just don't know where to aquire them!! I tried to leave the media player out of the picture and went into my music files. But when I tried to drag them into explorer, the computer went right into the media player, and burned a standard disc!! Windows Vista sucks!! Maybe I wasn't in explorer, I don't know!! ...
March 12th 07 01:13 PM
by carkids Go to last post
0 139
Problems Burning with a Pioneer DBR 108 Writer by Martin
Since Upgrading to Vista Home ultimate ed. I have not been able to burn dvds. I have updated the firmware on the writer but with no effect. Device manager thinks its a CD Rom drive not a DVD burner. I have tried various progs ie. Nero, but the drive is not shown. Has anyone else had this problem or point me in ther right direction Thanks
March 12th 07 02:00 PM
by Martin Go to last post
0 132
Drivers..is it really that hard?? by Puppy Breath
The WDK (Windows Driver Kit) was released early last November. So I'm inclined to agree with the folks who think that some hardware vendors are intentionally dragging their feet. After all, it costs them money to release new drivers. They make money when they sell new products. All throughout the beta people were asking for drivers. And the usual reply from vendors was "we'll make them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 07 02:39 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
27 325
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP) by JanQ
I read that Widcomm Bluetooth Chips support Audio Streaming per A2DP. Does that work for Windows mobile 5.0 on my PDA as well? Does that work on SDK from Broadcom or any other SDK? Any other information about this topic is helpful for me, as well. Jan
March 12th 07 03:03 PM
by JanQ Go to last post
2 152
Dual use of LCD monitor by Rbrummy
I have a new Vista computer and an older XP computer. Both are not used at the same time. I have an LCD monitor with both a digital and an analog connection. Could I have the XP computer connected to the analog connection and the Vista computer connected to the digital connection and use the monitor with both computers as long as only one computer is powered up?
March 12th 07 04:31 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
3 127
Screen flickering on vista boot sequence by Mark Ryan
i had problem with a piece of software i put on my new vista laptop, could not get rid of blue screen of death, so i used the recovery disc that came with the laptop to remedy the problem. everything seems ok except that during the vista boot sequence just after the scrolling bar the screen seems to turn off for a few seconds then flicker quickly and switch back on just before the logon...
March 12th 07 05:14 PM
by Mark Ryan Go to last post
0 129
SATA lightscribe DVD writer by Shwoarma
Hello, I know that this has been covered numerous times but I still cannot get it to work. I have a SATA Samsung SH-183A drive is recognised by windows vista, it writes and burns ok. I have installed the latest applications from lightscribe.com (LSS and the simple labler) both installed ok. But Simple Labler will not recognise a lightscribe device. I have the latest firmware from...
March 12th 07 07:03 PM
by Shwoarma Go to last post
0 147
InfraRed Remote Problem by steven
Hi, I just got Vista on a new laptop a few days ago. Last night I was using the TV tuner for the first time and everything was working really nicely. The remote controller was working with the internal consumer infrared receiver. However, today this receiver doesn't pick up anything from the remote. When I plug in the external USB receiver it works fine with the remote. I guess that's fine,...
March 12th 07 08:03 PM
by steven Go to last post
3 146
Windows Vista Hardware Assessment by Scott Arnold
I need to know where this utility is getting it's data from. Is it sending my information to MS or is it from an internal database?
March 12th 07 09:01 PM
by Mary Go to last post
1 133
vista twinhan 3054 by Frans Jansen
When installing TWINHAN driver setup program i get the following error message "Failed to install drivers for PCI DVB-T/PAL Hybrid card VP-3054" messages. does anyone know why and is there a fix
March 12th 07 09:01 PM
by Frans Jansen Go to last post
0 135
vista 3054 twinhan tv card by Frans Jansen
When installing TWINHAN driver setup program i get the following error message "Failed to install drivers for PCI DVB-T/PAL Hybrid card VP-3054" messages. does anyone know why and is there a fix
March 12th 07 09:03 PM
by Frans Jansen Go to last post
0 137
Virtual Printer Port for USB by Grant
Hello Group. Install Vista Bus on a new Dell machine. Joined it to my domain. Computer name: WS01. Another computer is sharing a HP 970 deskjet,. I installed a new printer on the Vista machine linking to the shared printer on the other workstation. Install went fine but will not print over the network to the HP 970. Says it doesn't support this type of connection. Any...
March 12th 07 09:32 PM
by Grant Go to last post
0 131
Sony MSAC-UA1 USB Memory stick reader by Jr
Runs perfectly on XP, no drivers had to be installed, just plugged it into USB port and it reads the memory stick from the camera. A step backward in that VISTA does not do this and is asking for a non-existent driver CD. I did find USB drivers on Sony website but they are not for VISTA and won't install because the OS is not recognized. Did also read the post where others having problems...
March 12th 07 09:49 PM
by Jr Go to last post
0 119
SB Audigy 4 value. No AUX or LINE IN? by Noozer
Running Vista Business here... My TV tuner is connected to my Audigy 4 value card both using the internal AUX 4pin cable and using the LineInput on the rear of the Audigy card. I'm not getting any audio at all. I've just rebooted to XP and the Line Input is working fine here, as is the AUX connection. The new Vista mixers for audio devices sure looks confusing. All the inputs,
March 12th 07 10:25 PM
by Noozer Go to last post
2 133
hard drive partition by justdina
Hey to evryone. I got my computer with vista already installed and I have only 2 partition. I want to create more. I followed the guide that is shown here but in the part where it says I to right click "an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume" I just can't seem to do that. I rught clicked everywhere... what am I doing wrong? I'm the only one who uses this...
March 12th 07 10:41 PM
by justdina Go to last post
4 156
printers by mjbj
I got a new laptop with vista and ive been trying to put in my cd from my printer and from my camra. But it will not let me down load them. Can some one tell me what I can do to get this to work? thank you
March 13th 07 12:16 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 129
New Creative drivers by Bob
New drivers for many Creative soundcards Vista 32bit and 64 bit: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
March 13th 07 12:17 AM
by Richard XXII Go to last post
4 142
Vista and Bluetoogh by pleb
Hi have a Belkin Bluetooth dongle, which seems to have compatibility issues with Vista Can anyone in here recomend a Vista ready bluetooth dongle? Cheers pleb xbs
March 13th 07 12:37 AM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
2 119
No sound with SoundMax on Vista RTM by Yuval Rakavy
Good day! I have upgraded my Dell Precision 450 to Windows Vista Ulitimate RTM. It installed SoundMax Integrated audio driver. However, there is no sound. Even the configuration applet does funny things: 1. When trying to test the speakers (Right click on the volume control, select Playback Devices, selecting speakers, clicking on Configure, and pressing the Test button) yield the...
March 13th 07 02:27 AM
by Ejr49 Go to last post
5 155
Thrustmaster F! FF Wheel not working by Nick B
I've recently installed my Thrustmaster formula 1 Force Feedback steering wheel and all appeared fine in deive manager. It showed that my hardware had installed installed along with the default HID game controller. I cannot however actually get it to work and when I go into the game controller applet the controller does not appear there. any ideas?? Nick
March 13th 07 10:43 AM
by Calvin Go to last post

From The