still hearing whistling noise in harddrive. IDE controller issue by GT
P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb, 160GB 7200rpm, Ati Radeon 9550. still hearing whistling noise in seagate harddrive. IDE controller included in Vista might be the issue or a services that is causing this. can't seem to solve it but all i can do to make it go away is to put computer to sleep for a second and then wake it up and noise is gone.
March 15th 07 02:10 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 99
Recommend wired network adapter (NIC) by smlunatick
I'm finally looking at installing Vista at my office. However, I have noticed that the network adapters (NIC) that I use do not (and may not) have Vista drivers for them. What is a good brand of network adapters (NIC) that are XP / Vista compatible?
March 15th 07 02:37 AM
by CHristopher L. Estep Go to last post
5 126
CD-DVD drive options by Amrykid
I got the same problem but try to put blank disc in first.
March 15th 07 03:08 AM
by Amrykid Go to last post
0 101
HP still not providing drivers, software, bios updates? by GT
Why hp still not providing drivers, software, bios updates? I've been looking at HP website and they only provide vista driver for 2006 models computer.
March 15th 07 03:40 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 120
Printing double-sided on Epson C82 printers by Angela
Hi there, I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I have a Epson Stylus C82 printer. Under XP, I can print double-sided by selecting the double-sided printing option. But with Vista, this option is eliminated. What should I do? I am a student and need to print out large quantity of lecture notes, so I really need to print double sided to save paper. Any help is appreciated! ...
March 15th 07 03:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 121
USB 2.0 Drivers? by clocksley
Same here - all devices only recognised as USB 1.1 - any help? -- clocksley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clocksley's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=1769 View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4122
March 15th 07 09:49 AM
by clocksley Go to last post
0 119
Lost sound when updating Intel/broadcom driver by niklash
Hi, I installed Vista Business x64 on a HP NW8440 notebook. Everything worked fine (including sound and Windows Media Player) until installing an advised driver update for the Wireless card. After that, Wireless started to work and sound (including WMP playback of anything that has sound, including video) was lost. WMP complains with a access denied error. Everything looks ok in device manager...
March 15th 07 11:32 AM
by niklash Go to last post
0 132
CPU allways at full charge ?? by Martin
Hi ! I installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit on my pc . I have a rating of 5.0 in the windows experience thingny and my cpu is allways being utilised by i dont know what . I checked everything and i have no background applications whatsoever that is allways running. In the windows experience window i have 5.9 everywarre exept the cpu that is at 5.0 . Ill give you the spec of my system . AMD 64 X2...
March 15th 07 11:52 AM
by Martin Go to last post
3 99
HDTV to PC with Vista Ultimate by Duke of URL
I have an LCD TV with a DVI-D input that I want to use with my new Vista PC. (TV is Sharp Aquos LC-37D7U, video adapter is MSI NX7600GT). When I boot the computer, I see the early boot messages in 640x480, then I see the Windows Loading message. After that I hear the sound that is played when it is time to log on, but no image shows on the TV. Yes, the TV is set to PC (DVI) input. If I...
March 15th 07 01:44 PM
by JW Go to last post
6 105
USB 1 Port Print Server with Vista by kneesliding
Hi, all :-) Am trying to use my USB print server with Vista Ulimate. Its a Siemens WLAN SE551 with a built in USB port that can be used to connect a printer. It works fine with Win XP, but Vista just gives me hell !!!! Basically, I have set it up in that I create a new TCP/IP port, and select Network Print Sever (1 port) and then add the driver, the port and printer is created, but when I...
March 15th 07 03:44 PM
by kneesliding Go to last post
9 110
Toshiba Bluetooth Stack license by Loup407
I have a Sony Vaio SZ270P. I upgraded to Vista (not a clean install) and generally had no problem. However, even after running the Sony-supplied new drivers for Bluetooth, I only got a 30 day "trial" , which has expired. Even after deleting all BT drivers and re-installing I get a message saying my trial expired and I should acquire a license from Toshiba. I get no help from Toshiba....any...
March 15th 07 04:43 PM
by Loup407 Go to last post
3 94
no sound? 82801db/dbm ac 97 by tigar30
PLEASE HELP! I just installed vista home premium and vista detects the sound card and the driver is up to date but no matter what I do I cannot get any sound Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You
March 15th 07 04:52 PM
by millie Go to last post
1 112
Vista Updates Killing My Multiplayer game by HyBrist/\S
Here thes thing, I play a multiplayer game called Freelancer created by microsoft. The game will work fine and I will be able to connect to the multiplayer servers. If I install the updates then for some reason I can no longer connect to the mp servers even if I disable the firewall. Anyone have any suggestions, right now I am refusing the updates cause I have installed Vista like 5 times...
March 15th 07 06:16 PM
by Josh Go to last post
1 124
ATI TV Wonder by Christopher -- 330
What is the requirement for a vendor to state a product is Vista Ready? ATI labels its TV Wonder line Vista Ready and ATI tested, But has no drivers, not even Betas for this product on the Vista RTM. Does VISTA READY mean... "Eventually we will have a driver for Vista" or that there is a tested and released driver... Perhaps you guys at MS need to police some branding issues.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 07 06:58 PM
by thxheynow Go to last post
11 230
IDE Controller Not being accessed by Avimage
Hi there. I have just got ahold of Vista and a whole new comp. Anyways, everything works fine aside for one minor problem. On my mainboard I only have 1 IDE channel, and unfortunately I need 2 channels, so I got ahold of a pci controller. However Vista does not seem to recognize the HD on the controller, even though my BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this so it recognizes the HD?
March 15th 07 07:14 PM
by pete Go to last post
3 94
Corrupt Graphics by Lee B
Hi all, hope you can help! I'm running Vista Home premium, on Sempron 3300+ 1.5gig ram Geforce 6200 Vista works fine for most of the day, but all at once the graphics go funny... The start bar moves from the bottom, just the Vista button remains, and all the rest of the open folders, programs are not able to display then selfs fully! tried the lastest video drivers with no success Plz help!!!
March 15th 07 07:20 PM
by Lee B Go to last post
0 106
Logitech joystick by Thwackum
Can someone please share their experience using Logitech joysticks on Vista? In particular, I have Extreme 3D Pro in mind. I believe Logitech site says Vista drivers won't be out until summer. Will the joystick run on native Vista drivers?
March 15th 07 07:23 PM
by Thwackum Go to last post
3 104
Vista doesn't recognize added RAM by andrewt
I installed an additional 1gig of RAM into my ASUS notebook, and while either stick will operate just fine by themselves, only one is recognized if they are both installed. Strangely, the newly installed BIOS recognizes the new RAM, but Vista doesn't. Any suggestions?
March 15th 07 07:43 PM
by andrewt Go to last post
5 118
'Vanishing' device drivers -- a debugging suggestion by Don
We're seeing lots of people with devices which stop working after a few days, and Vista can't reinstall the drivers. My problem is that I don't have this bug, so I can't help debug it. But if I did have the bug, this amazing utility would be my first choice of tools: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
March 16th 07 12:37 AM
by Don Go to last post
0 161
AverMedia TVPHONE98 and Vista by TomaszPawel
Does enyone know if it is posible to install and run Aver Media TV PHONE98 TVFM TUNER under Vindows Vista 32 or 64?
March 16th 07 12:57 AM
by infinity Go to last post

From The