my wireless RF keyboard does' nt work by AKL
Hi! I have wireless RF keyboard, which worked well for 10 days, but suddenly stopped working yesterday. I have Vista Home Premium. Connection is ok, cursor is ok, but letters don't come up on the screen,what should I do? -need help!-
October 21st 07 08:22 PM
by Bernard Liengme Go to last post
2 105
Windows vista X64 premium giving error 39 for Pioneer DVD-212D by aknisley
I had an IDE DVD burner installed when I originally built this machine and it worked for a while. When it stopped working I though is was bad so I did some research and bough an Pioneer DVD-212D which was on the list of approved devices for Vista X64. The drive shows up fine in the bios and Windows finds it and installs a driver for it. The problem is it has an error 39 and the date for the...
March 21st 08 12:06 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 202
Vista unable to read DVD by [email protected]
Vista Home Premium, 2 GB RAM, 32-bit, Sony Vaio system. When I insert a DVD in the DVD-RW drive, nothing seems to happen. The DVD light flashes for a while, then stops. Starting Media Center, WinDVD, etc., doesn't help. For example, with the DVD in the drive, when I start MediaCenter, I see the message "Windows Media Center cannot detect a video DVD in the DVD-ROM drive. Insert a video DVD in...
June 15th 07 12:09 AM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
4 161
Partition C: by Al
I have an HP Media Center computer with two 320G hard drives. The boot drive crashed, replaced it and ran the restore disks, but when Windows re-started the HP restoration software had partioned C: as a small (48G) drive, with the rest of the drive unallocated. Looks like it also mirrored the primary logical disk (0) onto the secondary disk (1). I extended the unallocated partition on the...
March 1st 08 11:26 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 125
2 Mice? by Al
I have an HP wireless optical mouse on my Vista Home Premium system, and when I look in Device Manager, I have two (apparently identical). I can delete one, but it always seems to reappear. I am having the universal problems of the mouse freezing on wakeup from sleep also; these two mice have anything to do with that? Any way to kill one mouse? Mousetrap?
December 15th 07 02:59 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 223
Delete Scanner? by Al
I recently purchased a new scanner and removed the old one from Device Manager (it no longer appears there), but the old scanner continues to pop up as a selection under scanning programs, and I get update reminders for the drivers. Is there a way to permanently remove it from my system? OS is Windows Home Premium. Thanks for any help!
December 8th 07 05:35 PM
by Al Go to last post
8 94
Ulitmate Extra - DreamScene = Problem w\ DUAL screen by Al Biheiri
So I finally installed DreamScene but now I have a major issue..... IT DOESNT SUPPORT DUAL MONITORS!!!!! MS are you serious?! (see attach) anything I can do? or do I have to take down a screen off topic: also, isnt dreamscene an app? or just go to win desktop background......
February 14th 07 05:56 AM
by Al Biheiri Go to last post
7 217
readyboost by Al C
I have just prchased a sandisk cruzer mini 2Gb and hoped to use it with readyboost. However i am getting an error stating 'The device is plugged into an unsuppoerted interface' It is definately a USB2.0 port. Can anyone offer any advice please?
September 30th 06 12:16 PM
by Al C Go to last post
2 176
Vista Overrides my Logitech Quickcam Drivers by Al Ferg
Every time I reboot, Vista sees my Logitech Quicam Pro for Notebooks as a new device and installs a Windows Driver. Then the webcam does not connect and I have to unistall and reinstall the drivers from the Logitech website. IS there a way to stop Vista from automatically installing drivers for the webcam when I reboot?
March 23rd 08 11:10 PM
by Al Ferg Go to last post
0 153
Onboard Analog Video Port not available by Al Smyth
I have an HP m7760n Media Center PC. It comes with front ports for Composite and S-Video, and stereo input jacks. NONE OF THE SOFTWARE CAN SEE THESE INPUTS!!!! I've spent time online with two HP tech support agents, and they have no options except to complain to Microsoft since it is now considered a Vista issue! What software can activate the input? I want to be able to capture some home
October 11th 07 11:21 PM
by Al Smyth Go to last post
2 152
FX1500M WDDM has a dull "tone" by Al van der Laan
Just installed build .6000 and setup the WDDM driver from MS to power my screen on a HP NW9440 laptop. Can go to 1900x1200 now but the tone of the screen is just plane dull (any other resolution is also same "dullness"). I have tried to look for settings and also turned off the ambiance detection but nothing seems to work on the laptop screen. Any requests to HP for drivers have resulted in...
December 29th 06 06:30 PM
by Al van der Laan Go to last post
0 188
Blue Screen by Al3ks
Hi, for months I have been trying to solve this problem, I have a HP pavillion labtop with an integrated Broadcom WLAN adapter, for some reason when im on my wireless connection I get a BSOD that says "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" i can only get a quick glance at the file displayed on the bottom "bcmwl16.sys" or something like that, now i have tried many things, uninstalling and reinstalling the...
November 1st 08 07:23 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
2 291
vista ultimate x64 ram problem by al3x
i have vista ultimate x64 edition installed on my computer. i have 4gb of ram installed however vista is only recognizing 2gb. -- al3x
January 27th 09 09:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Disk Drive and Software by Alabastyr
I used to but now i can't install software when i put a disk into the drive it comes up with an error mesage "Windows cannot find 'E:\'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again." The same error message appears when downloading software from the internet with the directory in place of 'E:\'. Thanks for your help.
December 8th 07 04:33 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 113
USB port remembers drivers previously loaded for plugged-in devices. Can it be reset? by Alain Caillet
After connecting a USB phone handset, Vista loaded the driver, requested a reboot. I did then realised that only the USB microphone device showed up in Control panel/Sound/Recording tab. The USB speaker device didn't register under Playback tab I plugged the handset in an other USB port. Driver loaded...I did reboot and this time, in Control Panel/Sound both Recording and Play back tab ...
August 14th 07 07:16 AM
by vanilla Go to last post
2 100
Conflicting size info Disk management and Shrink fonction by Alain Caillet
On this laptop with 2 HD in RAID 0 configuration, Vista Disk Management reports: 1)a 10 GB recovery hidden primary parition and 2)a 288 GB C: primary NTFS partition with 265 GB free space. Yet, if I right click C: to add an other partition using Shrink, the popup windows lists (in rounded value) for C: size befoe: 295 GB size available to shrink: 92 GB Amount of space to shrink: 92 GB
August 10th 07 11:57 AM
by Alain Caillet Go to last post
0 83
Only get 2 Channel Stereo, no 5.1 by Alan
After installing VISTA, all I get for Sound options is 2 channel Stereo Sound. The Settign in the Sound devices only allow me to select a 2 speaker setup.... I need help! Bout ready to cry!! what good is 5.1 if VISTA wont let me use em!?
December 28th 07 04:49 AM
by Alan Go to last post
5 111
MS wireless laser 6000 mouse by Alan
Have tried the above mouse on RC1, it does work fine on native drivers though you cant install Intellipoint so it does not have full functionality! However it does seem to prevent the screensaver from working which is a bit annoying as the pc is on 24/7. Has anyone come across this problem? Any fixes? Thanks Alan
December 14th 06 10:41 PM
by GreggP Go to last post
4 422
Dell Printers by Alan H
I have a new Dell All in One 960. Works great on XP. No support in Vista. We need more driver support, Microsoft. :)
September 15th 06 03:02 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 181
NVIDIA Quadro NVS110M support under Vista? by Alan Hamilton
Does anyone know if these are supported in the latest builds of Vista or in the drivers from NVIDIA?
August 29th 06 05:01 PM
by Alan Hamilton Go to last post

From The