  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Graphical Garbage on a Radeon x700 Pro by Truth Unknown
After I install the ATI RC1 driver I get problems. At post-boot startup, shutdown, login, logoff, user select, and UAC (User Account Control) screens I have garbage filling the whole screen. In fact its exactly the same garbage every time. The MS drivers do work but there is no Control Panel. My PC's hardware is: Intel Celeron Northwood CPU 2.0GHz 400FSB Shuttle AV49VN ATX Motherboard...
September 14th 06 05:15 AM
by Truth Unknown Go to last post
4 382
Canon MF5730 by David Loewen
I have the 64-bit Windows Vista RC1 and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get a Canon MF5730 running under that version. Canon doesn't have any 64-bit drivers, and all I want is to get the printer portion working at the moment. Any suggestions as to a generic driver I may be able to use? Thanks in advance.
September 14th 06 04:05 PM
by David Loewen Go to last post
0 175
Power management not working in RC1? by Kan
I am running 32bit RC1 build 5600. I previously had the July CTP installed (don't remember the build number). With the July CTP, power management worked. The hard disk spun down, display shut off, computer went to sleep, etc, etc, on schedule. After a clean install of RC1 however (installed to a new Windows folder), power management does not seem to work anymore. I have tried different...
September 14th 06 04:48 PM
by Kan Go to last post
0 183
dvd drive not working with vista RC1 by Allenjamieson
hello, i have a emprex 8x dvd writer and since that i have installed vista RC1 it will not read dvds or CDs but works fine with the vista beta 2. is there a way to fix this?
September 14th 06 05:21 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post
0 174
dvd drive not working with vista RC1 by Allenjamieson
hello, i have a emprex 8x dvd writer and since that i have installed vista RC1 it will not read dvds or CDs but works fine with the vista beta 2. is there a way to fix this?
September 14th 06 05:22 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post
0 196
Logitech Quick Cam 5000 series by Bob Bleecker
Today 9/14/06 an update occured. Drivers for the Logitech were installed. After rebooting my webcam works perfectly. Running RC1 5600 -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:43 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 183
Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 by Bob Bleecker
By installing Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 it is able to work in Vista Bld 5600. goto Blackberry.net -- -BoB
September 14th 06 05:49 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
0 149
USB Mice & Keyboards - Detected After Sleep by Josh
Hello, I have a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard that I use on the computer that is running Vista. It doesn't get detected upon start-up. Same goes for a Dell USB keyboard and mouse. I have found that an old PS/2 mouse and keyboard work fine upon startup, and Vista will detect and install for the USB devices after I put the keyboard to sleep and wake it back up 1 or 2 times. ...
September 14th 06 07:21 PM
by Josh Go to last post
0 162
USB devices not detected at startup by Josh
Hello, I have a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard that I use on the computer that is running Vista. It doesn't get detected upon start-up. Same goes for a Dell USB keyboard and mouse. I have found that an old PS/2 mouse and keyboard work fine upon startup, and Vista will detect and install for the USB devices after I put the keyboard to sleep and wake it back up 1 or 2 times. ...
September 14th 06 07:22 PM
by Josh Go to last post
0 189
Device Drivers for TSST DVD? by Nick Jacobs
Has anybody seen a device driver for a TSST DVD RW drive? It's in my Dell Inspiron. All I get is the Error 38 about the drivers. That means I can't even use the DVD rom drive. This would be the last hurtle for me to stay on Vista RC1. :) Thanks, Nick
September 14th 06 06:02 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 191
Display Properties problem in RC1 by Ken
Since installing RC1, when I unckeck "Hide Modes that this monitor cannot display" in the advanced section of display properties, I am initially able to get the 1776 X 1000 (1080i) I need, but after using Media Center or rebooting, the resolution resets to a "safe" resolution. When I go into display properties again, the Hide Modes box is again checked. This did not happen in Beta 2 or 5534,...
September 14th 06 01:35 PM
by Ken Go to last post
0 158
Vista RC1 64bit and XF-i Fatal1ty by Baldy
I have downloaded SBXF_PCDVTBETA_L3_2_10_0000.exe and tryed to install it several times without any luck, I am going insane....I assume there would be more people complaining about this hardware if the drivers didn't work at all? What am I doing wrong!??
September 14th 06 01:37 PM
by Baldy Go to last post
4 161
Samsung CLP-500 by jwardl
Anyone know if Samsung intends to release a Vista driver for this printer? I know it's discontinued, but only as of 12-18 mos ago.
September 14th 06 05:10 AM
by jwardl Go to last post
6 217
Sigmatel Audio Issues on i9300 by rogueslayer1138
After installing RC1 (build 5600), my laptop speakers work, but subwoofer isn't working. I've installed all the most recent drivers in compatibility mode, etc, and the subwoofer still doesn't work. Are there any registry keys that can be edited manually, because Vista currently doesn't support the Sigmatel advanced control panel? SigmaTel C-Major Audio Driver Version: 5.10.4469.0 Driver...
September 14th 06 06:37 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
1 186
USB - "Your device can perform faster..." by Gary
No matter which port I use, when I plug in my Maxtor external USB drive, Vista advises me that that it's not plugged into a USB 2 port. When it shows available "hi-speed" ports, they're all there, but no matter which one I use, it still sees it as USB 1.1. Any ideas?
September 14th 06 04:02 AM
by Gary Go to last post
2 148
Turn off tapping on Dell D820 touch pad? by Just Bob
Does anyone know how I can turn off tapping on the touchpad and mouse "stick" on a Dell D820? My experience: I installed the Alps input device driver for XP from the Dell website but Vista warned me the driver is known to have problems. It's working for just the tapping shutdown but I'm concerned about stability. Should I be surprised that by now we still do not have this kind of controls...
September 14th 06 05:18 AM
by Just Bob Go to last post
0 213
about OID_IP6_OFFLOAD_STATS and OID_IP4_OFFLOAD_STATS by Yu Hao
Hi , I'm developing network card driver on Vista ,my card does not support taskoffload , but I'm always receive the query oid OID_IP6_OFFLOAD_STATS(0xfc01020a) and OID_IP4_OFFLOAD_STATS(0xfc010209), I've tred to return NDIS_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER or NDIS_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED ,but the query was go on... What can I do ? --
September 14th 06 08:18 AM
by Yu Hao Go to last post
0 247
MISSING Battery Driver by Marc Nutty
Hi, On my notebook with Vista RC1 installed, Vista doesn't pick up my battery and is listed as an "unknown device" in device manager. I think I am looking for some missing drivers for "Microsoft SMART Battery Subsystem". Thanks for any help. Nutty
September 14th 06 10:17 AM
by Marc Nutty Go to last post
0 165
X800 GT (AGP) Not working... by Anthony LiPetri
Tried installing the drivers that are provided by ATI and they do not work. Tried installing the Windows VGA Driver which uses the x800 SE (WDDM) drivers and it fails. What do I do now?
September 14th 06 06:06 PM
by Anthony LiPetri Go to last post
4 169
IR Blaster Vista RC-1 by Raidersiowa
When I plug in the Microsoft Remote and IR Blaster if works fine for a bit then Vista Reboots itself over and over. Once I unplug the IR Blaster it stops rebooting and works fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the fix? I figured a Micorsoft device would work with Vista ....................
September 14th 06 07:47 PM
by Raidersiowa Go to last post

From The