External USB Optical drive causes Vista to hang by d4nguy
I have a IDE to USB2.0 external optical drive and when I plug the USB into my Dell Vostro laptop, Vista Home Premium hangs until I unplug it. While it is hanging, I can not open any programs, install or remove any drivers, etc. As soon as I unplug it everything returns to normal. I have tested the hardware on an XP system and it works just fine. I have also tried a different optical...
June 27th 08 03:31 AM
by d4nguy Go to last post
0 326
Memory problem with D Drive by momof5
My D Drive shows that 0% memory available. Calling a recovery D Drive? 173 mb of 9.99 GB available. Tried disk clean up, defrag. no help. What now? -- VLS
June 27th 08 02:30 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 247
Buffalo NAS Link Station Pro by Lorob
Anyone have any success in communicating with Link Station Pro purchased pre-Vista? Buffalo site is thin on help for upgrading to Vista. Thanks!
June 27th 08 01:05 AM
by Lorob Go to last post
0 259
Sound through Headphones Not Speakers by LyndaLou
Hi I get sound on my Toshiba Satellite through headphones but not speakers. Can anyone advise please.
June 26th 08 10:01 PM
by LyndaLou Go to last post
2 276
iPod and other USB devices not working with Vista by Delboy691
Hi, I have just installed auto updates on both my tower and laptop, XP and Vista repectively. My wifes IPOD Shuffle is now not recognised by either computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled I-Tunes with nio change. Has anyone got back to you with a solution ?? I hope there is an easy solution!!!??? "Mithun" wrote: Hey, I justed installed my copy of vista (clean install). Vista doesn't...
June 26th 08 09:44 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
2 252
SOny DV Video Camera by nick npn29
Hi, I have a Sony Mini DV DCR-HC44 video camera. Worked fine with XP using a Firewire to upload my video. Since installing Windows Vista will not work. Have used MM to acquire capture but says can not find camera, firewire card all installed and said to be working fine. Did once get the card to start capturing once but then halted and froze up after a few seconds, since then can not...
June 26th 08 09:39 PM
by Katoninja[_2_] Go to last post
4 226
don't know how to access inbuilt camera by Susanne
Hi I have Windows Vista Business and a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ19VN. I have an inbuilt webcam (motion eye). The webcam works - it automatically comes up when I do skype calls. My question is whether I can use the camera for video recordings that I do independently from skype and how to access my camera.
June 26th 08 03:21 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 286
DVD drive not recognized -320553art/reg fix dosent work.... by gkeuler
my dvd drive has also gone missing on my vista home 32, im sure its the same type of problem that most people are suffering, worked fine, installed itunes hooked up ipod, download daemon tools etc, then it stopped being recognized, not sure when exactly it all went wrong, but the drive still opens spins does all that but just wont show up in disk mangement, device manager or my computer. I used...
June 26th 08 02:52 PM
by mickm Go to last post
6 288
Portable Hard Drive Problems by Dre Carter[_2_]
ok so i will try again and try and get a response. i have 3 portable hard drives: a WD My Book a Vantec and a Noontec all 3 are Sata to USB drives. everytime i install one i get a:
June 26th 08 02:28 PM
by pjay24 Go to last post
2 258
Removal of Icon from Vista Control panel by [email protected]
On my Vista system there is an icon for HP Scanjet Scanners. I do not have any HP scanner as I use the scan capability from my Samsung SCX4725 FN scanner. My question is how do I remove this icon from the Vista control panel. In the Windows System32 folder there are some files referencing this HP hardware. Any ideas and directions for removal appreciated.
June 26th 08 01:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 231
Bluetooth Headsets and Vista voice recognition or Dragon by Nigel colbert
i am using an aliph jawbone with vista voice recognition and am getting poor results. Are there recommended bluetooth headsets for vista voice recogntion? Also I have tried with using Dragon v9 same headset and with the tablets built in bluetooth, again less good results than my old XP tablet + DNS9 and an external bluetooth adaptor. Are there better combo's of adapter and headset, info on...
June 26th 08 11:20 AM
by Nigel colbert Go to last post
0 219
Laser Printer driver by Robbie Doo
Hi All... There was a "Laser Printer" driver in one of the Windows Updates and it was compatible with the printer I have. Now, that I had to re-install windows because of the new HD's I can't get that update anymore. Does anyone know which security update had a driver called "Laser Printer" listed?
June 25th 08 11:29 PM
by Robbie Doo Go to last post
2 234
non removable drives by mac
for some reason vista think my non removable drives are removable? was working fine then for some reason it just started to see them as removable hardware and i have the "safely remove hardware" icon in the task bar for both my C and D drive. may have started after a windows update! i used the safely remove icon for the D drive and it became unusable till after a reboot...
June 25th 08 10:15 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
3 206
hard disk making a strange clicking sound by dellbox
My external hard drive, Western Digital, is making a strange sound whenever I plug it to the computer. It goes like "click, click, click" and then it stops. It sounds like it tries to boot up but it couldn't. The drive doesn't show up in my computer but shows up in device manager. Is there any way that I can access the hard drive or get my files back? Thank you. -- dellbox
June 25th 08 09:43 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 308
Photos by bouncer
When i download a photo/wmv etc it automaticaly goes into "windows photo gallery " even when i download it to my private folder !! If i delete it from "windows photo gallery " it is deleted from every where ! How can i stop photos downloading to folders i dont download them to ? ie "windows photo Gallery
June 25th 08 07:43 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 251
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse by Mike
I Installed software & conected Mouse transmiter to computer which has vista on it and the screen saver won't work pull the transmiter out and the screen saver works. Has anyone had this problem if so did you get it fixed. -- Mike
June 25th 08 06:48 PM
by borninusa Go to last post
4 240
eSata in Vista by Mtek
Hi, I am running Vista Home Premium. I had been running 2 Western Digital 500GB drives in RAID 0 mode. The external enclosure was a Fantom enclosure. The controller was going bad, so I bought a Xtrastor 3.5 x2 HDD enclosure which supports RAID 1. Anyhow, when I hook it up via USB, it only detects an 8GB drive. Once
June 25th 08 01:21 PM
by Mtek Go to last post
2 228
Drivers Gone After SP1 Failure by Steve Wade
I have an HP Pavillion m8020n desktop with Vista Home Premium. After trying to resolve a number of minor problems HP convinced me to upgrade to SP1. After running for many hours the install failed. After that failure I started getting prompted to install many different hardware drivers including my HP Media Drive, Ieee controller etc. I bypassed these and evything seemed to work so the next...
June 25th 08 01:14 PM
by Eric[_4_] Go to last post
4 249
firewall device by alice
keep crashing, windows tells me tpm is problem, have norton and trying to use firefox browser
June 25th 08 01:04 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 305
MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo error message using ntbackup by Marvin
Recently upgraded to Windows Ultimate and want to use tape backup for selected data backup (20 GB per tape). Since Vista does not support SCSI Tape Backup, I did some more research and decided to install ntbackup. After installing, the backup software sees the tape drive and interacts with it, i.e. I can run the diagnostic tests and all steps are given a passing grade. However, when I try to...
June 25th 08 11:31 AM
by Marvin Go to last post

From The