USB 1.0 Drivers by Chuck
I have a USB external hard drive. Under XP and previous OS it showed up as a SCSI device. It is a buslink L13. I have both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports installed. I get error message Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your USB-ATAPI4 Bridge Controller. I have downloaded drivers from the bus link site and tried to install them in XP mode did't help. I asked buslink...
March 16th 07 07:32 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
1 163
HDTV Wonder and Vista by Joe Ordinary
I have am thinking of buying a new Gateway desktop system. I also picked up an ATI HDTV Wonder card. The Microsoft Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List website claims it is compatible and the "x86 Driver available as part of Windows Vista". I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this combination and whether it really worked. Thanks for any information.
March 16th 07 10:59 PM
by Joe Ordinary Go to last post
8 136
WMDC syncing with Cingular 8525 by Dunja
I am trying to sync up my Cingular 8525 with my PC (running Vista). The moment I plug the USB cable into the phone the PC asks for the password, I type it in and WMDC tries to connect and then says: Error! I deinstalled WMDC and reinstalled it but have no luck. Can anyone help? I was on the phone with the Microsoft helpdesk for 4 hours and they can not figure it out. I think it has something...
March 16th 07 11:22 PM
by Dunja Go to last post
3 160
WMDC & 5.0 Still lost! by Larry Miner
After a clean install of Vista Ultimate I downloaded the new Windows Mobile Device Center, but it will not allow me to sync with my HP Ipaq which is running Windows Mobile 5.0. I can view my PDA files but not sync up. I even uninstalled and re-installed making sure my PDA was connected. I get an error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop". Support code was...
March 16th 07 11:53 PM
by Larry Miner Go to last post
6 166
Epson scanner not working by Cuddly Duddly
I have just installed Vista and my Epson Perfection 1660 scanner won't work. Epson tells me it is "not supported" and drivers are not available for this set up. They suggested I try to get them from their Canadian site (I am in the US). I also tried the UK site, at someone else's suggestion, and that didn't help either. Seems to me this might be a bit like Ford Motor Company ceasing...
March 17th 07 12:54 AM
by Cuddly Duddly Go to last post
7 187
Upgrading hardware by Thomas
To get more out of vista ultimate i am upgrading my mobo and cpu.Will i have to re-install vista and what happens to the current mobo and cpu settings on my hard drive ?
March 17th 07 12:55 AM
by pete Go to last post
1 151
Some update was reinstalled; "Sonic Solutions DLA" malfunctioning again by Brandon Taylor
My "Sonic Solutions DLA" is malfunctioning again, as Windows Vista tried to reinstall an update right under my nose, an update which, when I previously uninstalled it, allowed "Sonic Solutions DLA" to work correctly. Since the time I initially uninstalled the update, I have forgotten what update it was. Can anyone help me? Brandon Taylor
March 17th 07 01:05 AM
by vanilla Go to last post
9 166
Soundmax Help by Kaiser
HI there.I have Vista Ultimate and recently i did the windows update and found that there was an update for the driver there.But I have a 5.1 sound system and only works in 2.1.Also the soundmax software isn't compatible with vista.So i installed in compatability Xp SP2 mode.Now whenever i try to uninstall it from the control panel i keep recieving a message saying that the operating system...
March 17th 07 01:57 AM
by Randy Childress Go to last post
1 145
DVD no longer recognized by Java John
I installed Vista on my Macbook Pro. My Mat****a DVD worked for a week and then stopped working. I tryed rolling back the driver, uninstalling the drivers everything. And nothing. Still not recognized. Is there a driver out there for Vista Home Premium that will cure this problem. Or is there anything I can do. Windows still recognizes that I have the Hardware there. Funny thing is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 07 02:34 AM
by Java John Go to last post
12 359
PCI to PCI Bridge not enough resources by labigbee
I have an ASUS p5rd1-vm mainboard with a nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card. I upgraded to Windows Vista from a XP SP2 operating system. I now get an error showing I do not have enough resources for my pci to pci bridge that runs my graphics card. I am in VGA Save mode and cannot get my PCI Express graphics card to work. If I disable it and use the onboard graphics card everything is OK,...
March 17th 07 02:51 AM
by MetalTux Go to last post
3 222
Sony DVD not recognized by d
Hi, For some reason Windows Vista is no longer recognizing my DVD player. It is saying I need a new driver but Sony is not being helpful and I can't seem to use the windows driver update to auto update. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
March 17th 07 07:23 AM
by Don Go to last post
6 158
Unsigned / Old Device Drivers in Vista by Mark
I need to get a new laptop, but have never liked some of Windows XP's "features" - mainly that it often thinks it knows what I want better than I do! I'd like to find out about some things in Vista before going with that though, in case it's even worse than XP (which it may be if some of what I've heard is true). I currently use Windows 2000, as
March 17th 07 09:45 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 99
HELP - Experience Index can't Update - Radeon X1950PRO 3D problems by Lilo Lentz
Hi I just installed my ATI Radeon X1950PRO graphic card. The drivers and Catalyst Control Panel 7.2 installed ok after several tries. However - I CAN'T get the Windows Experience Index to update without the screen going black and Graphic card fan going nuts. I have to do a hard Reboot. I suspect it to be the 3D settings... Questions about my cards 3D options:
March 17th 07 12:28 PM
by Lilo Lentz Go to last post
0 105
How to enable Cool 'n' Quiet in Vista by drg55
This appears to be correct. I have an Asus k8v-x and with cpu-z processor is running at 2000 when it should be 1000 unless pushed. I have enabled cool and quiet in the bios and set power management in control centre to minimal. Rebooted and still running at 2000 per cpu-z (a great utility) but temp is at least down to 31 this time (per Asusprobe). Temp usually runs at about 32 c in...
March 17th 07 01:49 PM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
3 112
WMDC Disappeared and my hx4700 is not connecting by Eugene Pinero
Hi all! I did check the newsgroup for this problem and did not find any previous thread for it. After installing and reinstalling WMDC several times, now it "disappeared" completely from my Laptop (Windows Vista Ultimate.) In my last install attempt, it looked for HP RNDIS driver, installed it but, then, it "disappeared." I checked CONTROL PANEL, INSTALL-UNINSTALL menu and it is not there; I...
March 17th 07 02:12 PM
by Eugene Pinero Go to last post
0 100
Wireless Optical Mouse by Stagletto
Seems as though MS havent made any drivers for this lovely little bit of kit. Works fine on XP (and there are still XP drivers, Intellipoint 5.5 being the latest, which of course refuse to install in Vista) but cant map the middle mouse button to double click without the software. Unhelpfully Vista's problem solver (great idea, i like it) directs me to download Intellipoint 6.1 which......
March 17th 07 02:51 PM
by Stagletto Go to last post
1 109
Searching Vista driver for Agfa Snapscan e 52 by hg.kortekaas
I'm looking for a driver that is usable for the Snapscan, as for as I know Agfa give no support. With XP it worked splendid.. is there somebody that can help me ? Henk Kortekaas
March 17th 07 03:35 PM
by hg.kortekaas Go to last post
0 127
Looking for a workaround to get my joystick working by chatman
Hi! My Logitech Wingman force joystick is not supported by vista because it's not a true HID device (it lists under "other hardware" though but with yellow exclamation mark). I am missing the "add generic game controller" feature that exists under XP so I could possibly use it as generic 2 way, 4 button controller. Any idea if that can be done? Martin
March 17th 07 03:41 PM
by chatman Go to last post
0 110
Should I add more memory? by Happy Camper
Hello all! I have 1.5g of memory installed at the moment on my Asus K8V SE Deluxe running Vista 32bit edition. My lowest number on my Windows Experience is 3.1 for memory. Would I benefit much more from moving to 2g or even 3g of memory? Thanks in advance. HC
March 17th 07 04:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 105
Vista reports HDD failure. by David
Recenlty installed Vista Business. Have a RAID-1 configuration. Ever since Vista installed, I keep getting random alerts on startup about one of my HDD's imminent failure and to do a system backup 'now'. I have been ignoring this, (but I have done a backup!). Anyway, I am not sure which HDD is supposed to be failing. I think it is rubbish because they are only about 6 months old. Any ideas?...
March 17th 07 04:55 PM
by CrimLiar Go to last post

From The