"Strategic commander" drivers for vista..source code? by mjboyers
so, it seems there is no port of the "Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic commander" controller software for vista (At least I can't find an updated driver that works). I would be more than willing to donate free time to do a free port of the software to vista, if I could get the source code. Or..does anyone know of an updated vista driver for this AWESOME device?
June 25th 08 03:34 AM
by mjboyers Go to last post
0 254
upgrade to 64 bit by guitardude[_2_]
Hi, I am currently running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, but I am considering upgrading to Vista Ultimate and the 64 bit version if I can. How do I find out If my hardware can support a 64 bit OS? Thanks in advance, guitardude
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 24th 08 10:07 PM
by shane Go to last post
48 1,799
Optical Drive Hookup by borninusa
I had a fried computer that had an optical drive I wtd to take out and put into my new computer running Vista. The drive has IDE connections on the back (its about 5 yrs old or so). I had bought an IDE to SATA drive adaptor in order to hookup the drive to my computer. I put the card on the back of the drive and hooked up one cable out of the back of the drive to an empty power cable...and...
June 24th 08 09:35 PM
by borninusa Go to last post
7 251
can small cds or dvds be used in optical drive slot? by kenyabound
I just bought a 13in laptop for travel. can small software cds and dvds be loaded in the optical drive slot. I have a dell xps
June 24th 08 09:28 PM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
3 198
multiple mice "profiles" by jbiz
I have a laptop with a touchpad that has certain settings for speed adjusted fairly highly so the pointer moves fast. I also have a Bluetooth mouse that when I use it, it uses those settings and the pointer moves too fast to be useable. I have to go into the control panel and change the pointer speed to adjust for the Bluetooth mouse. Shouldn't there be some setting or maybe even a...
June 24th 08 06:45 PM
by jbiz Go to last post
2 185
corrupted the format of dvd rw by bossmayank619[_2_]
i have formated my 6 dvd rw as a quick format and now when i try to use them the windows vista ejects the cd and sayd insert disc and there is no physical damage and the other dvd rw that i have not formated are working perfect and this never happened when i used it in XP for 6 months or so i did a quick format what can be the reason and what should do know to reformat the moserbaer dvd RWs --...
June 24th 08 03:28 PM
by bossmayank619[_2_] Go to last post
2 182
discs wont start by helpmegirl
i have a gateway laptop and the drive is a compact disc rewritable, RW dvd rewritable, and a dvd multi recorder. in device manager it says code 10
June 24th 08 03:01 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 167
Hardware Driver Annoyance by Cowofjustice
Here's my problem... I was given an Adesso 12000 Tablet Pen last year, and had it installed in a Dell running Windows XP, and it worked fine... That computer blew out, and now i have an HP running Vista. I recently got around to installing said Tablet onto the computer, following the same steps as before.
June 24th 08 01:58 PM
by Cowofjustice Go to last post
0 162
USB Ports not working by giarcza
Hey, hope someone can help me.... I have installed vista on my laptop, re-installed the utilities for the motherboard, but when I try and use the usb ports they do not pick up any of my portable devices, e.g: my usb modem, I plug it in and the light flashes(proving the power is coming through) yet the autoplay doesn't start or the new hardware found icon does not pop up. Under device manager...
June 24th 08 01:18 PM
by giarcza Go to last post
0 173
Idiots. by --Janelle
This might sound pretty stupid, but I let some knob use my computer for a bit and he turned off my touch pad on my laptop. I can't find the touch pad icon anywhere in the control panel or in the toolbars menu. I really just want my touchpad back. Please, it must be simple. --Janelle
June 24th 08 01:16 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
3 206
Vista File backup failing with 0x80004005 by Gary G. Little
This one has Microsoft scratching various portions of thier anatomy. Vista file backup to an external drive has been working on my laptop for over a year. Flawlessly. Suddenly I have not been able to do a backup for almost a month. Complete PC Backup still works, but file back up fails with 0x80004005. That status means 'Unspecified error". I've tried it to the external HDD, formatted that...
June 24th 08 12:58 PM
by John Smith[_4_] Go to last post
2 183
MultiOS computer + Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 by Alex
Hi everyone! I work as a developer for IT Company so I need to compile and test win applications on different operation systems. There is quite a big project I am working on. And it requires compiling only on WinXP because of old code and old SDK used in it. As far as I and my colleagues concern it is not possible to compile it on Vista + VS2008. So I have Acer aspire notebook with Vista...
June 24th 08 10:00 AM
by Alex Go to last post
0 175
Vista boot and shutdown problems ... by Frank Uray
Hi all I am proffesional .NET developer working with C# and SQL. Because of new features of the new MS products I was switching to Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. My Vista runs on: ASUS Striker II Extreme with QuadCore 2.5 GHz. 4 GB Patriot Memory, 2 GeForce Grafikcards with 4 Monitors, 300GB Fujitsu SCSI disk. Now, the problem is:
June 24th 08 08:30 AM
by Frank Uray Go to last post
0 159
discs wont start by helpmegirl
i posted a first queation but i found more. the dics that i put into my drive will not read. it wont start up at all. i went to device manager and it said and it said this device cannot start (code 10) how do i get it to work?
June 24th 08 04:54 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 202
Vista & Benq V2400W LCD by Simj
Hi, I just bought *Benq V2400W* display and connected it to my pc using DVI. It's native screen resolution is _1920_x_1200_ px but Vista will allow me to set only _1600_x_1200_ resolution - anything bigger results in black jumping screen. I have the latest ATI graphic card drivers (Sapphire Radeon 2900 Pro 1GB). What should I do? -- Simj
June 24th 08 04:29 AM
by Simj Go to last post
7 296
discs by helpmegirl
my computer wont read any disc that i put in. i first out in a burnt disc of songs an then i put in a music cd and it still wont work.
June 24th 08 04:07 AM
by helpmegirl Go to last post
0 237
lifecam and vista explore by livecrosswire
Hey where do i find the link that show's up in xp for lifecam in windows explore. In xp on the folder showing you can clikc on lifecam link and the cam would open in the right of the window It would start the cam and show what it was showing plus you could take pictures? can't find that smae link in vista explore?
June 24th 08 01:35 AM
by dean Go to last post
1 167
wireless mouse by angel81fire
Why does my mouse burn thru batteries so fast? it's always blinking, if i want batteres to last more than a couple days i have to remove them when not in use! any ideas?
June 23rd 08 11:39 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
6 235
serial port adapter by [email protected]
I installed a serial port adapter with 5 dots on the top and 4 dots on the bottom for a PDA. It does not belong to the PDA and is giving me a code 31 message.
June 23rd 08 11:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 171
hibernation and sleep problem on vista by Mohammad hossein
before i install windows vista i had xp and on that one hibernation works correctly, but affer installing vista , windows dont hibernate correctly and immediatly after hibernating, again resume windows and windows turn on. and also i have a question about sleep, i dont khnow that when i put my computer in sleepmmode, should its fan stop or not, becuse the cpu fan dont turn off. and also after...
June 23rd 08 05:36 PM
by Mohammad hossein Go to last post

From The