instaling new devices problems: hdd-sd camcorder and sdhc 4 gb car by dhm
I have a new hdd - sd camcorder (panasonic sdr-h200). I have problems with instalation on my laptop ( using vista premium) - no driver was found. I can see the camcorder under computer management, but not in explorer. I tried the hot-fix, but no results. Also, no driver was found when I tried to use a SD 4 gb card (a SanDisk SDHC) in the build-in card-reader. Thanks!
February 20th 08 07:51 PM
by dhm Go to last post
2 105
WMDC sync with ipac on Vista by Di
Have been reading posts in newsgroups for several days now sync using the Mobile Device Centre. By using some of the advice given I may, or may not, have nearly solved it - so near yet so far! The WMDC and Sync Centre are recognizing my ipac 1940 and it actually syncing. But where to I'm not sure! On XP I used ActiveSync with Outlook 2000. I have Outlook 2000 installed on my new Vista...
March 5th 07 06:09 PM
by Di Go to last post
0 203
Multiple Driver Issues, causing BSOD's by diablofan14
So I recently installed Windows Vista, and it seems to be stabling out more. Anyway, I got it updated to Service Pack 1, then I got the RC for SP2 and installed it. So, on the 26th, I was working on somethig, listening to some music on iTunes, and I got a random bluescreen. I thought to my self, "Crap, not again." So I restarted, and it was ok, gathered some info about the problem, and moved...
March 31st 09 06:01 PM
by peter Go to last post
7 260
problems with Nvidia drivers for 6800 and Vista? by diabulos
Anyone has had problems with Windows Media Centre and the latest drivers for the 6800 from Nvidia (162.22)? I get artefacts (like pixelations) all over when I maximize the Media Centre window. It all goes funny after a while. Cheers
September 9th 07 05:50 PM
by diabulos Go to last post
0 103
Bizarre sound problem by diamonddog
Hi, I had a problem when my laptop's sound decided to stop working recently, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound drivers. Now my sound does work, but now I have absolutely no control over the volume. As much as I like blasting Motorhead's Ace Of Spades at full volume, there are occasions where I need to lower it!! The volume control shows, but it seems to show "Headphones" rather...
May 12th 07 05:05 PM
by diamonddog Go to last post
1 99
Gateway Notebook Model MX6956 No audio after Vista Upgrage by diamondheels02
I've been through the technical assistance with Gateway and they tell me that there is no driver yet to support the sound card installed on my Gateway notebook which is less than a month old and supposedly "Vista Compatible". Is there anything I can do to get the sound working on this computer?
May 25th 07 10:08 AM
by SGIFL Go to last post
8 264
Hard drive drivers by Diamontina Cocktail
I am constantly attaching new HDs to my computer via a USB interface. Under XP, if I attach a new (as in new to the system. The drive may be new or used) HD, XP would say it had found a new device, locate the driver on my C drive and then install it and tell me it is ready. Under Vista, I have to click through a series of questions such as "Install driver", "Don't search online", "I don't...
May 1st 07 01:09 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
6 104
IDE drives as ATA in System Properties by Diamontina Cocktail
I don't normally use ATA as anything other than backup purely because C drive has always been an IDE on this machine and I am not really wanting to muck about with that for it. After all it isn't an expensive motherboard so I am waiting till later this year before I replace it. Anyway, in the meantime, I needed more backup space so put an ATA in as a backup drive only and what do you know,...
February 18th 07 09:01 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
5 265
ATI graphics drivers for Vista by Diamontina Cocktail
In case you dont know, www.ati.com has Vista drivers.
February 6th 07 04:29 PM
by Chris Go to last post
5 212
Monitor doesnt turn off by Diamontina Cocktail
Latest video card drivers for Vista and installed them. No updated driver for the monitor at all and unlikely ever to be. Monitor set to turn off (set numerous times) to 10 minutes, screen saver set to 5 minutes. Screen saver comes ON at 5 minutes and monitor STAYS that way indefinitely. So, though I have tried numerous things such as changing the profile for the
February 9th 07 12:20 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
5 164
Bluetooth under Vista by Diamontina Cocktail
I use a D-Link DBT-122 and under XP all was well. Under Vista, system properties says it exists but the Bluetooth icon in control panel says it doesn't. I originally thought this was a D-Link problem but today I got a message from a Dell owner with inbuilt bluetooth saying that after the upgrade to Vista, he has the exact same problem. So, does anyone know how to get bluetooth dongles...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 7th 07 10:52 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
26 372
change ink cartridges by Diana
Can you help me find the screen that shows me the ink level of the cartridges, and the one that walks me through changing the ink cartridges? I have an HP psc1350 and I think the color ink needs to be changed, not sure about the black, and would like to checki the ink levels. -- Maui, Hawaii
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 07 09:25 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
13 218
Lexmark 4350 Printer by Diane
My father recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista, the only real issue is that we can not get it to recognize his Lexmark 4350 Printer. I have tried to load the driver from the orginial CD, I have tried downloading a new one, but the system will not print. Any ideas what to do next?
February 17th 07 02:10 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 237
Logitech Quickcam messenger P/N:861092-0020 by Diane
I just installed Windows Vista ultimate 32 bit. I have a logitech Quickcam Messenger. Downloaded the latest software then I Installed it The microphone selection is still showing as the audio (Realtek) from my motherboard but not my webcamera. Everything else from the camera works. I must say it has better video quality now with vista then with Windows XP. What is happening with the...
June 28th 08 12:33 AM
by Diane Go to last post
2 217
????message.... by Diane Canada
Help please..!!!!! Lately i get this message " This application has failed to start because ConnAp1.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem. apdproxy.exe-unable to locate component". I have no idea of what this mean Thank you diane
July 9th 08 06:18 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
2 212
Screen Saver Problem Found by Dibren
After much messing around trying to find a solution to the screen saver not cutting in I disconnected my wireless mouse and keyboard and plugged in standards, bigo my screen saver works, problem found but not solved. What do I have to do to be able to use my Microsoft wireless hardware. I am running Vista Home Premium OEM copy. Any suggestions?
May 10th 07 08:04 PM
by Bill Pomeroy Go to last post
2 97
Drivers by dice_cast83
If I have installed or upgraded my system with windows vista...I really must download all drivers for the new windows. All drivers, like for the touchpad of my laptop, for my NVIDIA GO 7600, for really all these things?? I hope somebody can answer my question. I really think about it notto install vista if it would be so. Thanks, would be cool to get some useful answers.
February 1st 07 06:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 146
Activating TPM 1.2 by Dick Driessen
Hello, I have a problem with Windows Vista and my TPM chipset after a BIOS-upgrade. After the upgrade I cannot control the TPM chipset anymore. My program (Infineon Security Platform Settings Tool 3.0) tells me to activate the TPM chipset in the BIOS. I tried several times to do this, but for some reason the BIOS doesn't activate the chipset, it only enables it. When I tried accesing the...
April 8th 07 12:00 AM
by Dick Driessen Go to last post
0 150
Problems Using DVD+RW Disks by Dick Snow
I have a new Gateway FX530XM with 2 gig RAM, most of the bell & whisltes, and 2 DVD burners. I am having slow burn problems with RW disks ONLY. DVD-R disks work just fine. In other words, packet writing is not working properly. It takes forever to write 1.5gig of data to a RW disk. I've been working the problem with Gateway, who had me change out both drives. I had tried two different...
April 26th 07 12:30 AM
by Dick Snow Go to last post
2 150
USB Device not detected - New solution for some by DickK
Like many, I had this problem with a Printer. I have now found a solution, though not for everyone. The cause in my case was a USB device not supported by Vista (a Webcam that Creative haven't bothered to provide Vista drivers for). I have this connected and have an XP partition on my computer to allow me to use it for Skype Video calls. When looking at the power tab of the "USB Root Hub"...
August 29th 08 01:34 PM
by DickK Go to last post

From The