problem with computer dell by Richard_NIC
Iam having problems with my computer. It re-starts itself frecuently. It happens when I am navigating or using the internet. Could it be a problem of my UPS? The windows help suggests it could be a problem with my sound card, what do you think?
June 23rd 08 09:16 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 215
Vista SP1 and USB drive - Computer not responding by Tom[_15_]
When I connect a USB drive (SATA, 120GB) to a Vista Home Premium system (SP1), and Computer is selected, the Computer window says , as does the Management Console. Only when the drive is turned off, do Computer and Management Console function properly. The Vista system is running on an HP slimline desktop with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor, running the 32-bit OS, and using a high speed...
June 23rd 08 07:38 AM
by Claudio60 Go to last post
5 206
Linksys WUSB54G v.4 and Vista by n2gc
My BIL bought a new PC with Vista. I'm trying to upload the Vista driver for it provided from Linksys's site. It's a zip file which opens up with a setup and .SYS file. I cannot for the life of me get this driver file to load in Vista. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks for any help or info. Here the page with the driver file from Linksys.
June 23rd 08 04:11 AM
by n2gc Go to last post
3 178
Hard drive icon by Quinntin
hey all, need help wit some real weird problem. So recently, i installed the "Windows Easy Transfer" program onto my external hard drive. Once i was done with the transfer, i wanted to uninstall it, but after the un-installation, the icon of the drive dissapeared, and now it looks like this - (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/Meg4fall/hd.jpg) can anybody tell me how to fix this? its...
June 23rd 08 04:07 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 178
tons of visual artifacts in Aero by Some Person
The bar at the top of windows is really really blurry, the text is and the window glass. Also, almost everything I do stretches and distorts the screen in the area. Changing ATi drivers didn't help. Also, I hate Windows and only use it because it plays games. If this is unfixable, I'll probably just switch completely to Ubuntu.
June 22nd 08 09:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 185
no audio output device installed message by amsoil guy
vista upgraded last night. now there is no sound. yes i've checked to make sure everything is turned on. no headphones plugged in. i can't open the mixer for there is no audio device installed. help. thanks
June 22nd 08 09:04 PM
by Ms. Kay Go to last post
4 170
I have no idea if this is even in the right place but yeah by kim081
So when i try to start up my computer it keeps running around in a circle and offering me the optionf of either 1) " launch start up repair (recomended)" 2) "start windows normally" when i click on start windows normally it just runs around in circles Then when i go on the other option the restore does not work. What do i do on the comand prompt to open up windows? I think it might be my ipod...
June 22nd 08 06:00 PM
by kim081 Go to last post
3 164
Leadtek tv2000xp expert problem in WMC by nolan md
hello... I am running Vista Home Premium and would like to use Windows Media Center to run my tv tuner. I installed a "Leadtek tv2000xp expert" and it is working properly using it's proprietary software, Winfast PVR2. If I try to set up WMC to use it, it says that ther is no tv tuner installed in the computer.. i would great appreciate any help in this matter.
June 22nd 08 05:55 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 192
Logitech Clearchat Comfort USB Headset by GD
New right out of the box this morning....plugged in Logitech Clearchat Comfort USB headset and it's not recognized by Vista Premium or XP SP2 or Mac OS X 10.4.11. Logitech Clearchat USB headset with HP Vista premium laptop, window pops up to say new USB hardware found, installs drivers, red (headset) power light comes and then after less than one minute, eveything disappears and it's...
June 22nd 08 03:53 PM
by GD Go to last post
0 154
Maximum port speed for standard modem need to be increased by blackhornetx
I'm using 3g phone to connect to the internet. Using standard modem over Bluetooth link as a driver, the speed is not as expected since the maximum speed that can be setup in driver properties is 115.2 kbs while the speed offered by 3g network is 384 kbs. So, I hope Microsoft can resolve this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the...
June 22nd 08 09:54 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
5 147
Windows Mobile by JamesL
I have just purchased an ATT Tilt. It has Mobile 6 Pro on it. When I plug in with my USB cable I get the option to open the device using various programs. I cannot seem to sync anything. I need to sync my Outlook 2007. I installed drvupdate-x86 as well but can't get Windows Mobile Device Center to start up as on http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/vista_sync_setup.mspx. ; Can anyone...
June 22nd 08 08:03 AM
by JamesL Go to last post
5 157
upgrade to vista ultimate and no wireless card now. by gavin
I downloaded lates drivers from Dell, no go, I reinstalled drivers several times, no go I checked in cmos and it is enabled. Why goingform Vista pro to ultimate caused problem?
June 22nd 08 03:05 AM
by gavin Go to last post
6 160
how to turn off my mouse pad on my laptop by spongebob1311
i have an acer aspire 7520 and spilled coffee on the mouse pad, now it scrolles down all the time and i have to mash the scroll button to stop it. i have a wireless mouse and it works perfect, if i can turn off the pad all the problema will be fixed but i don't know how. can anyone help me
June 22nd 08 12:36 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 168
Device driver automatic detect and install by Comp Science junky
On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to be breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping in and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that annoying (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been disconnected and...
June 21st 08 09:52 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
4 202
I'm being told my USB stick is write protected (no slider switch) by rh0000
I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista home basic. I also have a Maxell 2GB USB stick, which I have not used for a while, but formerly it worked okay. I wanted to use the stick again, but found when I inserted it that I needed to format it. When I did this I was told first that it has a capacity of 1.89GB, then that it is write protected. There is no slider switch on the stick, so it is not...
June 21st 08 09:30 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
3 174
VISTA USB Errors - Printer by Gullyfoyle
I have a Vista Business SP 1 box. Since the latest update whenever I turn on my printer (Samsung ML-1210). Now whenever I turn on the printer the PC reboots. And I have removed and reinstalled the drivers.
June 21st 08 09:11 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
3 199
If i got OEM Vista am i Screwed by Brandon W
I want to update some of the hardware in my computer and my friend said that if you get OEM Vista you are not alound to update your hardware unless you buy another copy of vista... and that sounds insane is this true?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 21st 08 09:08 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
31 695
Windows shows low graphics perfofmance score by Dima[_2_]
Hello! My video card is DirectX 10 ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb. The latest Catalyst driver 8.4 is installed. But: Windows Vista 64 "Performance Information and Tools" shows that "Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero" has 4,8 Subscore and "Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance" has 4,9 which are very low, that the HD 2600 Pro is the bottleneck of my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 08 05:46 PM
by Dima[_2_] Go to last post
19 438
Can't play disks by Dante
When I try to open a disk, the driver ejects it and it says please insert a disk into drive. I tried uninstalling and installing the CD RW DRIVER, but it still doesn't work. How can I fix this
June 21st 08 05:42 PM
by Curious Go to last post
5 248
trying to install Barbie girls to computer by wright
windows found driver software for your device but encountered an rror while attempting to install installiation unsuccessful, what should I do? -- wright
June 21st 08 01:29 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post

From The