Is this Vista mobile device support really this useless? by szlevi
OK, rant first... I don't care if it's an offense but this is clearly ridiculous: with my home XP Pro when I connect my TyTN via USB and I am immediately able to browse my phone, transfer files and so on and so forth. (I don't waste time with the useless sync functionality - I think the whole ActiveSync by default is a completely wrong approach which just got worse with its utterly...
March 18th 07 06:54 AM
by RayS Go to last post
3 121
Ati Radeon X1050 256MB agp 8x Window Experience Ratings? by GT
Ati Radeon X1050 256MB agp 8x Window Experience Ratings? I saw this at bestbuy around $89.24.
March 18th 07 07:18 AM
by GT Go to last post
0 139
Shuttle PN18 Driver Issues by Shibby
Morning All, I have downloaded the drivers for the PN18 Wireless card from shuttle. These drivers install fine and i am able to see different networks when installed...but when you try and connect to them bang the card drops out. I have used some otehr driver from Zylas( the maker of the card ) and can connect so i know its not the card.
March 18th 07 07:36 AM
by Shibby Go to last post
4 148
USB wireless adapter by edd080
Hi to all i have been having issues ever since upgrading to vista with my wireless adapter, iam using an EDIMAX USB wireless adapter which i use as an access point to share my internet connection with my laptop, with win xp this would work like a charm, however with vista i have downloaded the latest driver & utility for vista which run fine however when connecting the wireless adapter i get...
March 18th 07 10:09 AM
by edd080 Go to last post
0 133
Disappearing Hard Drive by willic
I recently installed Vista Home Premium. I have two drives in my machine, both Seagate SATA2. The first is a 200 gb drive that contains the Vista OS. The second is a 320 gb drive which has XP Pro. I can initially boot into either system, or I can reboot from Vista into XP Pro, the system on the second drive, without difficulty. From XP Pro I can always read both drives. The problem is...
March 18th 07 10:14 AM
by George Go to last post
5 177
Missing Vista bluetooth headset profiles by guy
My bluetooth headset no longer works after "upgrading" XP Pro to Vista. Apparently, Vista only contains profiles for keyboard and mouse at this moment. Comments?
March 18th 07 10:23 AM
by guy Go to last post
3 168
Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) by Mouse in California
I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked perfectly. Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results. I'm fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a way to roll back Media Center?
March 18th 07 01:28 PM
by Bytesback Go to last post
7 181
ACPI Event Erros by Freska
Hello Vista People! Can someone help me please. I'm getting Event 6 ACPI Erros "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 14, function 0" I have loaded latest ATK0110 Driver from ASUS but errors continue. Has anyone found a solution to the problem?
March 18th 07 01:31 PM
by paulv Go to last post
8 132
Vista Business: Bluetooth Hands-Free Breaking Skype by BK
I just got my laptop with Vista Business. As an experiment, I paired a Bluetooth headset with the laptop, to see if it worked; it did. The problem came later, when I went out with the laptop and tried to call someone on Skype, without having brought the Bluetooth headset with me - I got a message on the taskbar saying that a program was trying to use Bluetooth hands-free, and to connect...
March 18th 07 02:41 PM
by BK Go to last post
0 155
Intelli wireless keyboard & mouse by Alice
Now that the final Vista drivers are out, I was surprised to find that the screensaver and power options still (e.g. Sleep) do not start at the time set. It was mentioned as an issue in the beta drivers but no word on this problem in the final version. The KB mentions it in relation to PowerDVD but since I don't have that software, it does not apply. Anyone else having this issue and / or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 07 03:35 PM
by Scottie11 Go to last post
23 360
Can't burn cd roms in explorer but in media player by Mike
Hi! I'm unable to burn a dvd or cd in the windows explorer (drag and drop) but I have no problem with burning a music cd with the windows media player... I don't understand it... How is this possible?? My system: Intel Centrino 2.13, 1.5 GB Ram, Windows Vista Business, Lite-On DVD RW SOHW 1673s USB Do you have any suggestions?
March 18th 07 04:11 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 116
Nvidia Forceware 97.46 disables Vista's Hibernate function!!! by BillD
I've installed the latest Nvidia Forceware 97.46 on Vista RTM and hibernate function has been disabled in Vista.
March 18th 07 05:39 PM
by Dochere195 Go to last post
8 181
Anyone using XFX GeForce 7600GT by JP
In Vista (Ultimate)? I want to upgrade my graphics card and was wondering if anyone is using a GeForce 7600 GT based card (PCI-E). Any problems? Drivers OK? Or suggestions for a comparable card that seems to have good working drivers. I've been reading about the problems with the nvidia cards...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 07 05:55 PM
by Dochere195 Go to last post
13 247
Unidentified Bluetooth Dongle by matcher
Hi i have a belkin F8T001, its been working since i installed vista, up til now, windows has now decided that it wont even recognise it as a bluetooth dongle (unidentified device) no drivers work, anyone had the same prob or has it packed up?
March 18th 07 06:52 PM
by CrimLiar Go to last post
2 159
Sync Windows Vista and HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700) by Stupot
I have the my mobile device HTC Apache (also known as a Sprint PPC6700) which runs Windows Mobile 5.0 and use to Sync to Windows XP SP2 using ActiveSync 4.0. I also run MS Office 2003. I have now upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When I plug in the mobile device Windows Mobile Center recognises it but I can only search for files on the Pocket PC or open Media Player. Vista does not...
March 18th 07 07:39 PM
by John D Go to last post
8 158
Display driver problem by jzar
I purchased F.E.A.R. and the game runs perfect, but after 5-10 minutes the screen goes black. I can still play the game, hence, I still hear footsteps, gunshots, etc. I can even press escape and listen for the clicks when the mouse hovers over an option, so I can actually quit the game like this. When it returns to the desktop a triangular yellow icon with an exclamation point in i...
March 18th 07 07:52 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 116
For people with disappearing devices by Don
I'm happy to say I've not had any need to try this (yet) but it sounds interesting. I saw this hint in 'Windows Vista Inside Out': --------------------------------- To view devices that were once installed but are no longer attached to the computer, open a Command Prompt window using the Run As Administrator option and enter the command SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1. Then, from the same...
March 18th 07 08:24 PM
by Rob Chew Go to last post
3 175
Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT resource conflict by MSTechNet
After upgrading my HP dc7600 desktop from Windows XP Pro to Vista Enterprise rtm, I am unable to get the Microsoft supplied Nvidia driver to load. Device manager indicates a resource conflict with the Intel 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port driver. All that I am able to do is use the VGAsave driver. Under device status for the NVidia card, it says 'This device cannot find enough free...
March 18th 07 09:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
8 138
deactivating touch pad on laptop when using wireless mouse by emily
Hi! I'm using a microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse 3000 on my dell laptop, but how do i turn off the touchpad on the laptop so that i don't accidently use that while using my mouse? Thanks!
March 18th 07 09:48 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 167
Need help with motorola v360 driver by hendy
Either I lost the cd or never had one, but of course its required for Vista to install the device. Ive searched teh web and cant find a simple driver installer for it and its a bit frustrating because I cant put music and pictures on it anymore. Anyway is there a way my phone could be compatible with Vista or is just a lost cause?
March 18th 07 10:19 PM
by Carlos Go to last post

From The