SMP Support by Digitized Gopher
Does Vista support SMP (like 2 AMD opeterons or 2 Xeons)? Is it only supported on specific versions of Vista?
December 1st 06 10:09 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 236
DvD went poof by dilan155
hello, well i have vista and a aspire 5100-5023, and i was playing GTA san andreas and after i quit i tried to replay it but guess what? the dvd drive is gone. its not on the my computer thing and when i try to play any game the standard please insert (name of game) disk 1 pops up. no matter what game i try playing this happens. so i was wondering if this happened to anyone else and if anyone...
April 18th 08 08:44 AM
by vanilla Go to last post
2 149
Samsung 206BW Help!!!!! by dill3377
A couple of weeks ago I installed a game called tiberian sun and had no problems with anything. A couple days ago I tried instaliing it with a different serial number because the game's from 1999 and the serial was invalid for online. So eventually after installing it about 3 times I just installed the game and the expansion like before. Now before all of this happened (right before the...
April 4th 08 12:18 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 189
What driver to install for Broadcom BCM4311 to enable 54mbit/s? by Dima
Hello! How to make a 802.11g Broadcom BCM4311 adapter connect in ad-hoc mode at 54mbit/s, not at 11mbit/s? A peer adapter connects with it at 54mbit/s. Regards, Dmitry
October 25th 08 08:26 AM
by Dima Go to last post
0 256
What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito by Dima
Hello All! What two head video card can play High Definition video on a secondary monitor in the extended desktop mode? I saw in MS Knowledge Base and on the Internet that most of two head video cards reduce speed on the extended desktop. Does Windows Vista Media Center run slower on the secondary monitor in the extended mode? Is there any video player program which runs on the secondary...
July 30th 07 03:46 PM
by Steve B[_2_] Go to last post
3 162
Does Media Center run slower on secondary monitor in extended mode by Dima
Hello! Does Media Center run slower on the secondary monitor in the extended mode? Is there any video player which runs on the secondary monitor in the extended mode as fast as on the primary monitor? Can anyone run two monitors in the mirror mode in their two different native resolutions? How to make Windows Vista Media Center component run on the second monitor in the extended mode always?...
June 26th 07 11:23 AM
by Dima Go to last post
0 142
An HDD is too busy. What would help? by Dima
Hello! My HDD activity indicator lights up for 20 minutes and even mouse cursor freezes some times. This is because of uTorrent 1.8.3 and video conversion activity I guess. Will increasing of RAM from 2gb to 6gb help? Can I combine 2x1gb 800mhz installed modules with new 2x2gb 1066mhz modules? Page file is on G: HDD already, not C:. Windows Vista is x64. What would help? How to know what makes...
July 24th 09 09:10 PM
by Dima Go to last post
8 175
explorer.exe uses much of CPU by Dima
Hello! explorer.exe uses about 90% of CPU after a restart for several minutes and in about 10 minutes intervals during 720p video playback in VLC Player for several minutes. RAM 6GB, CPU Intel E6750. Vista Ultimate x64. Regards, Dima
August 2nd 09 08:19 AM
by Dima Go to last post
1 145
Setting 'System managed' page file for d: drive causes high CPU us by Dima
Hello! Setting 'System managed' page file for my d: drive (EIDE Samsung SP2514N on JMicron JMB363 PATA and SATA controller on my Asus P5K motherboard) causes explorer.exe to use about 90% of CPU after a restart for several minutes and in about 10 minutes intervals during 720p video playback in VLC Player for several minutes. RAM 6GB, CPU Intel E6750. Vista Ultimate x64. I have set 'no page...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 09 07:08 AM
by Dima Go to last post
13 456
Explorer.exe uses much CPU for several minutes in 10 minutes inter by Dima
Hello! Explorer.exe began to use much of CPU (it look like) after increasing RAM from 2GB to 6GB. Explorer.exe uses much of CPU when I open a 4Gb mkv file in VLC player when uTorrent has been seeding for 8 hours already. OS is Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64. Page file is 'system managed' on G: HDD. Before increasing RAM, HDD was busy for several minutes in 30 minutes intervals when uTorrent...
August 6th 09 07:13 AM
by Dima Go to last post
0 206
Windows shows low graphics perfofmance score by Dima[_2_]
Hello! My video card is DirectX 10 ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb. The latest Catalyst driver 8.4 is installed. But: Windows Vista 64 "Performance Information and Tools" shows that "Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero" has 4,8 Subscore and "Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance" has 4,9 which are very low, that the HD 2600 Pro is the bottleneck of my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 08 05:46 PM
by Dima[_2_] Go to last post
19 438
How to add "Hibernation" to the Start menu in my Windows Vista Ultimate x64? by Dima[_2_]
Hello! How to add "Hibernation" to the Start menu in my Windows Vista Ultimate x64? The computer goes to the Hibernation after pushing the power button on the system case but the power light stays lit for 3 minutes. Best regards, Dima
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 04:56 PM
by Dima[_2_] Go to last post
13 293
silicon image 3132 controller by dimitris_greece
hi i have the motherboard k8n diamond plus and i have raid 0 my question is will windows vista support the sil 3132 controller ? because it's a new operating system and to my opinion it's a mistake not support chipsets that are already in the market and as a user i must run to find a driver and to compromise no to have raid 0 it's in the rc1 version and i am worried about it
October 12th 06 01:09 AM
by Brad Go to last post
3 361
Sigmatel ( by dimitriz
I installed Vista 64 Ultimate on my PC about a month ago. Drivers were installed from the CD that came with the Intel D975Xbx2. Everything was just fine. A few days ago I checked Windows Updates and found "SigmaTel - Sound - SigmaTel High Definition CODEC" driver that was recommended (Publisher 3/21/2007). Naturally I thought "Well a WHQL drivers should work no problems... after all they were...
April 8th 07 05:42 AM
by seany Go to last post
1 123
Will my old devices work with vista? by dimmack
Hi,could anybody share some info if my ADSL modem/router (roadrunner 40C) and crt monitor(viewsonic E72f+) will work with 64 bit vista? Or is it time to go shopping...?
October 1st 08 06:04 AM
by dimmack Go to last post
2 307
Importing Video w/Windows Movie Maker by Dimo
XP Home, SP2: Attempting to Capture Video in Windows Movie Maker (WMM). WMM doesn't recognize the internal Cyberlink Power DVD. I've had home movies transfered to DVD and wish to edit them in WMM. How can I fix?
April 23rd 08 07:03 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 110
MSI Vox USB TV Tuner by Dinana
My MSI Vox USB Tv Tuner is not working under Vista Pre-RC1, Vista only recognizes the video in part of it. Back in XP it is recognized as 4 devices under Sound & Multimedia (Tuner, Video, Sound & Infra-red remote receiver). That was using the drivers from MSI. Any idea if it's a limitation with vista to only have one driver for each USB connection or if drivers for the vox will be included...
September 7th 06 05:38 AM
by Dinana Go to last post
0 482
Media card reader disappeared after installing driver by dinesh
I have got a 5 in 1 built-in media card reader. It didnt work fine so i installed its driver from hp.com/support. i know i have installed the right driver for my media card reader but when i restarted the system, it disappeared from the My Computer("Computer" as called in Vista). it wont even show in diskmgmt.msc . when i check in device manager, there is nothing such called as media card reader...
October 15th 08 08:16 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
4 285
DisplayPort by dinesh
*Information on the DisplayPort™ Digital Display Interface* DisplayPort is a new, open, industry standard digital display interface, developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) Display Systems Committee. DisplayPort is this next generation display interface, and it is designed to serve as a broadly deployable connectivity solution for PCs, monitors, flat panels, projectors,...
January 21st 09 03:43 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
2 189
cort in BILL GATES pocket?? well......... by dingo
are you to a victum of vista??? felt ripped off??dissapointed with the new OS? cos its let you down?..............................................well i would like to hear your story?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 07 01:57 PM
by Iron Feliks Go to last post

From The