Problem with playback of burned DVD using Media Center by Campheel
I burned a dvd-r from home video using Studio 11. The DVD will play on a DVD Player but will not play from my computer. Help from Studio 11 indicates that Vista has a DVD decoder on it so the dvd should play using Windows media Center. Any Suggestions on what could be done to enable computer playback. BTW, I know the drive works since I play other DVD's on it.
June 18th 08 10:42 PM
by Campheel Go to last post
2 222
Blank CD-r by vwbrewer
My Dell Dimension E510 will not recognize a blank CD-R disc. Works fine with every other disc. Have tried several blank discs with same result: D:/ is not accessible, incorrect function. I reloaded the driver, but nothing has changed. From what I've read on this forum, should I try some more blank discs, or try something else?
June 18th 08 07:59 PM
by vwbrewer Go to last post
2 226
Disappearing External Hard Drive by Marshall_D
Hi All, I'm just about at wits end here. I've got an external HDD (Cavalry 2 X 500 GB = 1TB) that I usually plug in via e-SATA. It is currently setup in a SAFE33 configuration. It was working great on my old XP machine, and when I changed that machine to Vista Business (same everything, just plugged in a different boot disk and unplugged the old one) it continued to work great. Then I did...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 08 07:13 PM
by daredvl_edm Go to last post
11 386
Using UPS shutdown program with PC sleep mode by sand
I would like to use a UPS with automated shutdown software but also take advantage of energy savings by enabling the sleep mode (the S3 state on my Intel works very well under Vista). Has anyone done this sucessfully?
June 18th 08 06:45 PM
by sand Go to last post
0 220
Mic Mute/Unmute Button by John Ciccone
In XP, I'd click on the speaker icon in the system tray and have a mixer. There I could mute/unmute the microphone input. In Vista it seems like I have to go through a myriad of dialog boxes: Ctrl Panel sound speakers Level. Am I misisng something? Is there a shorter path? If not, can I assign a shortcut key? Thank you
June 18th 08 05:01 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 272
Loss Of memory by Neil James
I'm lossing about .5GB of memory aday..Why is this happening and how can i stop it?????
June 18th 08 08:26 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
3 223
intel Dual-Core CPU not recognized AGAIN! by Chuck Harding
This is getting totally rediculeous. TWICE now when I've had to do a repair-install of a microsoft operating system it ends up that the intel P4 D830 is NOT recognized as a dual-core CPU! The last time was with an XP Pro installation and this time with VISTA! I looked everywhere on every support forum I could find and none of the suggested fixes worked, they seemed to all be about problems...
June 18th 08 07:00 AM
by Chuck Harding Go to last post
2 228
GeForce 8800GTS (G92) Nvidia Drivers problem? by vizzer
I recently got a GeForce 8800GTS 512Mb and have been getting a wide variety of BSOD 1033 and BCCode:24,50,d,d1,10etc. I think it has thrown every code at me possible. Any one know what could be the problem? All these problems started after I installed the Graphics card and before that everything was smooth as eggs. My system is a Vista x64 sp1 OS Gigabyte 965P-S3 rev1 Motherboard 4x1 G.skill...
June 18th 08 05:55 AM
by vizzer Go to last post
5 216
Loss of sound by Jahlfrezi
The speaker icon has a red cross and says no Audio Output Device Installed. In Control Panel Sound it says I have no Playback Device installed and there is no option to do so! Via Windows Help I find that I have a sound card installed and it says it is working properly. I think this all happened because I was trying to connect external speakers and couldn't get them to work. I may have...
June 18th 08 05:06 AM
by Jahlfrezi Go to last post
0 156
Missing system files by Larry S.
While dealing with tech support from a peripherals company regarding a mouse problem, they had me check for certain system files, and we determined that several appeared to missing, including input.inf, msmouse.inf, and hidusd.sys. Someone suggested I use System File Checker (sfc / scannow), but this did not restore the files, and give error messages telling me that there were corrupted...
June 17th 08 10:53 PM
by Larry S. Go to last post
3 174
Voice recording - XP versusu VISTA by Gilfair
There used to be a "super-peachy-keen" tool in XP to use with a microphone to record your voice, speed it up or slow it down, echo it, reverse it, edit it with another voice file, etc. The VISTA voice record seems to only allow a single voice record. WHERE ARE THE OTHER OPTIONS!!!???
June 17th 08 07:22 PM
by Gilfair Go to last post
2 160
768 MB RAM and Home Basic by Kris Dee
Hello, Many websites show the minimum system requirements for Vista Home Basic: they say 512 MB RAM will do. I have this "old" PC (P4 1.7 GHz, 3 x 256 MB RAM, Geforce6200 64-bit), a "Siemens Scenic T", and I am wondering if "Home Basic" will run smootly on this machine. Although it meets the minimum system requirements, I need to know if "Home
June 17th 08 07:19 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
8 199
Snipping tool by BJ[_3_]
How can I print from the snipping tool? The only way I've been able to print is send the snip to my email. -- Bruce "You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." John McSame, More Bush in more places !!!
June 17th 08 06:14 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 170
Sound in Vista by Charlotte
I have sound from either the built-in speaker, or external speakers, but not from my Skype headphones. I can not locate any driver for a microphone and when I go into the audio settings my version of Vista (home basic) doesn't show the slider controls for phone line, line in, aux & microphone. From reading other questions and posts I looked at the Direct X thing but this appears to be for...
June 17th 08 05:38 PM
by Charlotte Go to last post
0 185
Movie maker problem at half by Jake
Hello, im trying to finish a project for friends to view. The problem i have with my 9 minute video is that when it reaches 5 minutes, it will start showing my video as a black screen whenever i publish the project to my computer, but the music will keep playing and act like its still playing but no picture. The video works fine in the movie maker, but i dont know the reason why it wont work...
June 17th 08 01:20 PM
by Jake Go to last post
0 190
Network Connection and Computer Hardware by Computer Hardware
Network connection: At night my internet network connection turns off around 10 P.M. Every night I've been observing what time the internet shuts off. It has been shutting off at night. Please help and tell me what I should do. Computer Hardwa My laptop randomlys shuts down, I don't know what the cause is but I think it's the hardware, or it shuts down from the heat. I don't know what the...
June 17th 08 07:53 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
1 149
Replaced SCSI adapter, system won’t boot. by Soong[_2_]
In XP there was some file in the root of the C:\ drive that was simply a renamed copy of the SCSI adapters driver and replacing it with the appropriate file would have resolved this situation. I can’t remember what that file was called in XP (NTsomething.sys I think) but it doesn’t matter because it’s not the same in Vista. I’m running Vista Ultimate upgraded to SP1. I fried my SCSI adapter when...
June 17th 08 06:59 AM
by RonnieJP Go to last post
3 169
driver problem for Logitech trackball by Larry S.
After making some changes in my computer, installing a new fax modem and updating my Internet Security software (Trend Micro), I started to get messages about needing to find a driver for the Logitech Trackman Wheel I have been using each time I booted up, even though the mouse (trackball) was working OK. When I tried to locate a driver, Windows couldn't locate one. I tried to tell this...
June 17th 08 05:27 AM
by Larry S. Go to last post
0 171
Movie maker stop's working half way through by Jake
Hello, im in the process of finishing a project for some friends of mine. I made a 9 minute and 54 second video and there is something wrong. Whenever i publish the project when i am complete to my desktop, i watch it and at 5 minutes it will stop showing my slides but the music i imported and the movie will still play but no picture... only a black screen to look at, any help?
June 17th 08 03:20 AM
by Jake Go to last post
0 152
Memory Stick Slot by lisarace
I have a sony computer,and a sony camera. I usually use the USB cable to put pictures onto my computer but decided to use my Memory Stick adaptor that came with my comera. When I put it into the memory stick slot the access media light does not come on and it tells me to insert a memory disk into the memory disk E. For some reason it is not detecting it at all. Why is this? It's all...
June 16th 08 07:43 PM
by Curious Go to last post

From The