Audio device not working after resuming from sleep by Said Szajd Dániel
Hi, Does anyone else have this, and a workaround? I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate (RTM) since about November, and I still can't start using the otherwise great Sleep feature. My audio device stops working after resuming from sleep (S3). There's no way I can recover the device (Device Manager doesn't help either). Only a restart helps.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 07 10:31 PM
by George Go to last post
11 197
Missing Floppy Drive by Rob Chew
After upgrading to Vista from XP Pro, my floppy drive disappeared. I upgraded the bios and made sure it was enabled in the bios. I reseated the cable and power cable. The floppy showed up one time in device manager after I entered a script to show "hidden devices". It does not now show up in device manager or in (my) computer. The power light to the floppy will come on as the system restarts...
March 19th 07 10:31 PM
by just bob Go to last post
2 135
Anyone?? - Catalyst 7.2 keep crashing Vista (ATI X1950PRO) by Lilo Lentz
Hi, I just installed Catalyst 7.2 and it keep crashing Vista when it tries to use the 3D feature.. like 1) Enabling Aero 2) Running perfomance test (for rating) Each time I get the black screen and boot keeps recycling after that. Questions about my cards 3D options: 1: Should I deactivate the 3D Catalyst A.I?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 07 10:32 PM
by A ROy Go to last post
14 274
Issues with CD/DVD Rom device driver by Caro
I purchased a new laptop that comes with Windows Vista and, after setting it up, I installed a printer software and my camera software. Apparently both are not compatible with Vista but eventually it let me install and use them. Everything was ok and I also watched a movie. The next day I inserted a CD to see some pictures and the autoplay didn't pop up, then I inserted another DVD with same...
March 19th 07 10:38 PM
by SoCalCommie Go to last post
3 154
DVD-drive power managment by Larsien973
Hi I'm wondering if there is any way to keep the dvd-drive constantly running. becouse nearly every time I open "my computer" it starts spinning and it takes approx. 10-20sec before it display all the icons, so I can access them. I'm getting pretty frustrated.
March 19th 07 11:05 PM
by Larsien973 Go to last post
0 210
How to enable Cool 'n' Quiet in Vista by Louis
Hello, Same problem here. I desparetly need a vista 64 bit cool en quiet cpu-drriver. My system is unacaptable loud and hot now. I have been surching the net / then AMD site but this very essential driver does not seems te be available !!!!!!!!!! I hope I am wrong ....
March 19th 07 11:44 PM
by drg55 Go to last post
2 412
Error -Failing to update driver with Vista 32bit and 64bit systems by Etcher
I have updated to Vista and have the usual driver issues with a new system But I can not understand that although while I have the correct driver, Vista fails to install and returns the message, " The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name. ". It occurs while trying to update driver for wireless PCI adapter and adapter that is built into the ASUS...
March 20th 07 12:04 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 231
network printer problems by karlos
I have just bought a HP laptop with Vista Home Premium OEMact and cannot get to print to my Epson CX5400 running off my XP PC through wireless connection. Please help as this is driving me mad. The Vista machine can see the Network printer be i keep getting an error message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is Denied". (the printer is installed as shared on the XP computer and is...
March 20th 07 12:18 AM
by Lubo Go to last post
6 159
Computer Air circulation. PC with only CPU Heat sink by GT
P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb memory, 160gb hd, Ati Radeon 9550 256mb agp 8x. I have 1 intake system fan with a removable fan duct pointing toward the CPU large heat sink. when i upgrade the power supply with a new one it change the air circulation making the CPU heatsink much hotter than usual when computer is doing something intense. The new large power supply has vents on both side but one is block...
March 20th 07 12:59 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 163
Monitor Color Profiles by chris lively
Does anyone have monitor profiles working under vista? I have two video cards and three monitors. Vista's "new and improved" color management panel only recognizes one of my video cards and one monitor. Worse, even though I can profile only the one monitor, the other user accounts on this computer won't use that profile even though I have forced the one as the "System Default". Ideas?
March 20th 07 01:10 AM
by chris lively Go to last post
0 160
File copy hangs from cingular 8525 to Vista folder using Sync Cent by jamesy
I have a cingular 8525 and just started using Vista and Mobile Device Center... when I browse the device from the Sync Center to the Pictures folder and try to copy and paste a file to a folder on the local machine the copy operation hangs... just sits there and doesn't respond. The only way to stop is to unplug the device. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks
March 20th 07 01:20 AM
by Eric Go to last post
2 177
DVD burner & Vista by [email protected]
I have a Samsung ts-h552 which I purchased late 2005. It has began final meltdown mode. It started causing complete lockups in XP, then it got to the point that the system wouldn't post with it plugged in. I have it plugged in as an external drive USB connected so that when it has IO errors, they don't lock up the computer. So I am in the market for a new DVD Burner. Since this is the 3rd...
March 20th 07 03:39 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 143
headphone port problem by gainesz0305
i just installed vista and everything was running smooth until i tried listening to music through my headphones and i wasnt getting anything. playing music without the head phones plugged in is fine. so anyone else have this or had this problem that can help me without me having to call dell and paying 50 bucks for one question to be answered?
March 20th 07 04:09 AM
by The exact same problem. Go to last post
1 141
1280x720 not available in games by p1ut0nium
Hope someone has an answer for me on this one: I have a Samsung 60" DLP TV plugged into my PC via VGA (Radeon X1800 XT). In Windows XP, I was able to choose 1280x720 resolution in most new games. In Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, I am able to choose 1280x720 on the desktop, but the option is not available in any games (despite the fact that I know they offer it as I've played them in XP). My...
March 20th 07 06:37 AM
by p1ut0nium Go to last post
0 134
Laptop Battery Question by Anthony
I have an Acer notebook and I upgraded to Vista Home Preimium and it works great the only problem is now it does not know there is a battery, it has no monitor to show you that thee is a battery and it does not even know that it is connected to a battery. I was wondering if anyone can help, thanks. Anthony
March 20th 07 10:01 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 195
AIM AND HP DV9000 by ROBOtechdude
I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN HP DV9000 WITH A BUILT IN HP PAVILLIONWEBACM BUT IT WILL NOT WORK WITH MY AOL (AIM) INSTANT MESSAGING. WHEN I GO TO THE SETTINGS IT RECOGNIZES THAT I HAVE THE CAMERA BUT WHEN I GO TO CHAT NO ONE CAN SEE ME. ALSO THE BLUE LIGHT NEXT TO THE CAMERA DOES NOT LIGHT UP. I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA. CAN ANYONE HELP? PLEASE!!!!!
March 20th 07 10:08 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 139
m3100 unable to see the storage card in media player and napster by minijay
hi i have just upgraded to vista ultimate... now when i try to sync my phone with media player or napster i can only see the phone... this has 14mb of storage which usless as a mp3 player. i have a 1gb storage card which i can no longer add music too. can someone tell me what i need to do to sort this or at least fix the problem. it was working fine with xp.
March 20th 07 11:06 AM
by Googs Go to last post
4 124
SATAI HD to SATAII HD ? by Bertrand Collet
Hello, I am running vista ultimate 64bits on a SATAI 80 Gb HD. I would like to upgrade it to a SATAII 500Gb HD by cloning. I have also a IDE 160Gb HD that I use for archiving data. I never done this before and I would like to have suggestions on the best way to do: Is this would be ok (from what I gathered from this forum): 1 - disconnect a data IDE HD 2 - connect the new SATAII HD
March 20th 07 11:14 AM
by Bertrand Collet Go to last post
0 120
Vista cant find driver on Windows Update anymore by Maikel S.
when i first instaled Windows Vista on my PC, it didnt find any driver to my webcam, so i tryed to search on Windows Update and it found and installed it. Some days ago i had to format my HD and reinstall Vista, but now, when i go to Windows Update to search for my webcam drivers it cant find anymore. I dont know whats going on. My webcam is a IC50C from Micro Innovations, but Vista...
March 20th 07 12:59 PM
by Maikel S. Go to last post
0 91
ATI OpenGL Drivers by Norman Trainer
To Whom It May Concern: I have the ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card and a program that needs OpenGL drivers. When I open the program (Aerofly) it says that their is "No OpenGL graphics card driver found!!!" I have talked to your technical support (ticket # 1204717) and you don't have a driver yet. Does anyone have any information they could provide? Thanks, Norman Trainer
March 20th 07 01:25 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The