Old speaker won't work with new computer by Robert[_18_]
I've just purchased a new computer, running Vista. My previous one was XP. My old speaker system will not work now. It is a Harman/Kardon Model HK395. Do I need new software for this? Thanks for any help. -- Robert West Virginia
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 08 03:46 AM
by Drew Go to last post
17 405
Unknown Device by vistarocks
Does anyone know what this is? ACPI\FUJ02B1 Its a Fujitsu N3410, running Windows Vista Ultimate.
June 13th 08 03:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 215
Side Bar + multiple monitors by Art
Is it possible to move the side bar (not just a gadget) from one monitor to another in a three monitor setup?
June 13th 08 02:59 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 183
DVD drive tray opens when clicked in Explorer by com64
Whoever at microsoft came up with this 'feature' should be shot. I've hunted and hunted for a way out of this but can't come up with anything. The problem is this: whenever I click on a DVD drive in explorer, the damn tray door opens. Because I have doors on my computer, this basically damages the tray and is an all-around annoyance. If I'm going to put a disc in I'll use the button on...
June 13th 08 01:24 AM
by bobt Go to last post
3 347
bluetooth by Do I have bluetooth on my computer
how can I tell if I have bluetooth on my Microsoft Vista computer
June 12th 08 11:39 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 229
CD drive is turned off and needs to be turned on by misterchuck
I think i turned off my CD drive on my laptop a while ago but forget how to turn it back on. Could somebody please help me and tell me how to turn my CD drive back on.
June 12th 08 01:55 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
6 230
Screen sideways PLEASE HELP!!! by tbone1018
As I said in my title. My screen is flipped over on its side so I am typing this sideways. I have a feeling that this might be an easy fix, but I have no idea what to do. Thank you SO MUCH!!!
June 12th 08 09:28 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 224
cd rom driver by BUTTERBEAN
I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA....MY CDROM DRIVE WAS WORKING FINE UP TIL A COUPLE DAYS AGO...IVE DONE DRIVER UPDATES,UNINSTALLED IT AND RESTARTED THE COMPUTER,NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK TO GET THE CDROM DRIVE PLAYING CD'S AGAIN. IT TELLS ME THE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN INSTALLED BUT A PROBLEM OCCURRS WHEN IT TRIES TO RUN,WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?
June 12th 08 02:29 AM
by fuzor_silverbolt[_29_] Go to last post
2 265
BIOS AND Vista Not Recognizing 2nd SATA Hard Drive by ejames[_2_]
I have upgraded from Windows XP Service Pack 3 to Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba Qosmio G35-AVA600 which has two 80GB SATA hard drives configured as RAID-0. In Windows XP the drive was seen as one 160GB hard drive. No problem. After I installed Vista the second drive is not showing and I can’t format it from disk management services because it is not shown. The weird thing is that I am not...
June 11th 08 10:26 PM
by DL Go to last post
2 201
External USB hub not working by Marcus
I have some troubles with my new USB 2 "high speed" hub ( http://tinyurl.com/5ql9xn ) that is, once installed I was getting some errors about removing connected devices 'cause I could get better performance on a USB 2 port.... huh? How could it be? It is a USB 2 hub! So I've noticed that I was getting some errors (in the system tray) like:
June 11th 08 09:25 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 185
Second Display shows "Out of Range" when Laptop is Closed by yummygrubs
Hi all, My girlfriend has a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista Home Basic. I set up a second display (17" Hewlett Packard CRT) for her so that she could hook her laptop up, close it and look at the second display on her desk. All was working fine until she changed the resolution on the CRT, and somehow placed it in a setting that was OUT OF RANGE. I have subsequently tried unistalling the...
June 11th 08 07:12 PM
by AE Giver[_2_] Go to last post
4 202
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse Battery = 24 hours?! by nLinked
I have the new MS Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 which came as part of the MS Wireless Laser Desktop 7000 desktop set. The mouse battery only lasts less than 24 hours on a full charge. Why is this? My previous mouse, MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (which is actually an older model despite the number) lasted about a month!
June 11th 08 05:48 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 161
no sound? help by sarah
i have recently had to recover my computer in full i have all of my programes but no sound devices how so i get this back
June 11th 08 05:21 PM
by Bistey Csaba Go to last post
1 179
MS Intellipoint stopped working but ctrl panel says working proper by Susan C.
Using Vista on Gateway Model MT3423. Mouse abruptly stopped working after months of successful use. Once before this was solved simply by plugging the receiver?adapter whatever it is into the other USB port. Not this time. Everything in the control panel says the device is working properly, and that the driver is the most updated one. It says that the wireless battery is good and signal...
June 11th 08 11:32 AM
by Susan C. Go to last post
0 166
DVD/CD-Rom missing by A J M Nunes da Silva
With my PC I do have 2 internal DVD/CD-ROM and another external via USB. All 3 disappeared from "My Computer" and from "Disc Manager" and I am now unable to use anyone of them. But in "Device Manager" they are shown with a yellow mark and a "!". If I uninstall anyone of them and reboot it will appear again in "Device Manager" with that mark. If I try to update its controller the Windows...
June 11th 08 10:20 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
8 283
Microsoft Wireless Laser 8000 Bluetooth Mouse by amoney3
For some reason, though this didn't happen on the very first day I used the mouse, the light on top keeps alternating from Green to Red even though the mouse is connected to my laptop and works a 100% the way it should. Why is that? From what I heard, the indication that I'm getting signals "discovery mode", but it is already paired with a device so why does this persist? Does anyone know how to...
June 11th 08 10:16 AM
by Bender Go to last post
2 185
Recent Automatic Updates are Freezing Up My Desktop-Restore Point by byumike
Recent automatic updates (April 21-25) are causing my computer, screen, mouse...key board to freeze. I have to perform a hard boot. I initiated a restore point back to April 10 2008 and this fixed the problem. What do I do now? Never install an update again? Help?
June 11th 08 10:15 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 225
Connecting laptop to desktop by LasVegas
Can I connect my laptop to my desktop computer? -- LasVegas
June 11th 08 05:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 198
Sidebar Help by David[_16_]
My wireless meter in sidebar says not connected, any help on how to make it work. I know I'm connected, if it was disconnected I could not send this post. Thanks
June 11th 08 04:27 AM
by Eric Go to last post
3 208
Memory Problems by Jath
Alright so I have been having problems playing some of the games I have, IE Age of Conan and City of Villains. Now CoV right now has been continually freezing, going to a black screen and just freezing making me have to restart manually. I have absolutely no clue why this is happening. I started to play Age of Conan because of this, and got an error saying "Out of Memory". I am assuming this is...
June 11th 08 03:02 AM
by Jath Go to last post

From The