running from from vista boot up by Mark Ryan
my western digital sata hard drive clicks now and again, there is an update i have downloaded to rectify this problem from western digital which boots from a floppy, i have tried to run it on my laptop but it wont run, it just keeps saying remove discs and press any button to retry. any ideas would be great. seems as vista does not like booting from floppys. would i need to boot with a...
March 23rd 07 07:14 PM
by David B. Go to last post
3 117
DVD-RW drive crashes Vista (or is it OneCare?) by Waistcoat
I've a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 105 ATA Device (apparently...) in my computer. I have various video files that I've saved to DVD Roms/ RWs. when I try to play straight from the disk, explorer hangs, then the whole of Vista shuts down. I've tried various disks, and the same thing keeps happening. When I put a disk in the drive, then open it from Computer, the breadcrumb list at the top (or...
March 23rd 07 07:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 134
AGP 8x showing up as on PCI bus? by TechnoHic
Been having problems with my video card and Vista. I have an ATI radeon X1950 Pro 512 MB ram AGP 8x video card. When I run the performance index, I have been getting a 1 for graphics and Aero. Seems like it doesnt even test the card. Well, I finally noticed that in the device manager, if I right click on the vid card and go to properties, it says my video card is on a PCI bus. Anyone...
March 23rd 07 07:53 PM
by TechnoHic Go to last post
5 155
No Aero for ATI 9550? by GeekUnit
According to the online lists I've read, Vista officially supports the ATI 9550 videocard. And while I know the card is no spring chicken, it suprises me that it rates a lowly 1.0 on Vista's performance rating system. I just downloaded the newest drivers from ATI and re-ran the performance check, and it's still the same. Is there anything I can do to enable Aero? Before you ask, I'm not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 07 08:07 PM
by TechnoHic Go to last post
15 275
video card & PCI & PCI-E slots? by dion
hi wonder if you could help me?,i have vista home premium on my computer and i use to play halo on pc.the game worked fine! intill i upgraded!!!,when i start the game the game runs normal,but when i move around it runs slow and chiping kind of nosie out the audio like the video card cant keep up??,well my video card is a nvida 6200 with 256mb graphics.,but vistas WDDM driver takes 128mb so...
March 23rd 07 09:08 PM
by dingo Go to last post
5 182
Keep losing my sound by Sheryl
I bought a new Dell Dimension E521 computer about 2 weeks ago with Vista Home Premium on it. The sound card is on board and is a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec. (Well that's what it says on my speaker icon.) A few days after using the computer, I noticed I lost my sound so I called Dell tech and I don't think they found anything wrong. After being on the phone with them for quite some...
March 23rd 07 10:09 PM
by Don Go to last post
9 131
Format HDD after install by Puppy Breath
...recover\find my last part of my HD... Use the Disk Management tool in XP or Vista. In Vista you have to be logged into an administrative user account in Vista. Then click Start, type comp click Computer Management. The Disk Management tool is under Storage in the left column. You'll have to format the partition to make it visible to the OS.
March 23rd 07 10:19 PM
by Don Go to last post
2 111
Driver from update by Ham40c
I had Nvidia driver 7.8.8 Vista update gave me a new driver. I could not find out how to tell what the new driver was until it was installed. The new driver was 6.14.10 ? How do i confirm the update before i install.The only info it gave me was the date and what it was for.
March 23rd 07 10:34 PM
by Don Go to last post
2 138
HD upgrade by Bertrand Collet
Dear all, Sorry to post again on this subject but I did not manage to upgrade my system (new HD). I'd like to replace my (slow) SATAI HD by a new (larger & faster) SATAII HD. I am running Vista 64bit ultimate and I would like to avoid having to re-install OS, software if possible. I tried to clone the old SATAI onto the new SATAII HD using Acronis True Image 10.0 with no success (no boot...
March 23rd 07 11:13 PM
by pete Go to last post
2 123
Vista not shutting down my PC!! Help!!! by Afre
I just installed Vista on my new PC (680i EVGA Motherboard) worked great, still does, but after I did the vista online updates and rebooted it won't shut off my pc!!? Vista itself shuts down ok, my keyboard also, but my motherobaard, power supply, and all fans stay on, I let it go for about 10 mins. and still won't shut down, I have to manually hold down my power button for it to turn off,...
March 23rd 07 11:15 PM
by Don Go to last post
1 135
Which notebook for Vista 64 ? by AlanKohl
Which notebook processors support Vista 64 natively ? Is it only the Turion, or are there any Intel notebook processors out there that will allow to address the entire 64-bit memory space without using any tricks / emulation / re-indexing ?
March 24th 07 12:13 AM
by Chaliesan1 Go to last post
9 117
mouse won't scroll by Andre
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse that work fine in XP/Win2k3. But in Vista the scroll wheel doesn't work. Logitech doesn't have any software updates available for my MouseMan. But it does say the Vista driver will work. It doesn't, obviously. Has anyone run into this? Is my only option buying a new mouse? Thanks, Andre
March 24th 07 01:32 AM
by Andre Go to last post
0 147
boot selection on boot popup menue by Carl G
Hi all I have just installed a new mobo. (Intel D945PVS) I have never had this problem before with intel board or other brands. I have Vista installed on SATA 0, Storage on SATA 1, XP on sata 2. On my other boards I could use the boot popup menue to chose my operating system. But on this board it will only boot to SATA 0. If I switch XP to SATA 0 it will boot XP only. I do not have dual boot...
March 24th 07 01:46 AM
by Carl G Go to last post
3 117
What is good mobo for Vista Ultimate? by Buggs1a
I'm looking to buy a really good motherboard for Windows Vista Ultimate. It will be Intel cpu based on Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad in future maybe. Needs Raid 0 sata and sata for backup hard drives. Needs regular IDE as well for my ide dvdrw drive etc. Needs onboard audio and firewire etc. No onboard video unless it can be totally easy to disable and not interfere with Vista Ultimate or PCI-E 16x...
March 24th 07 04:19 AM
by Sylvain Lafontaine Go to last post
1 97
Vista not detecting CD-RW Repost by guy
I have a Dell Dimension 4500, 2.8 GHz P4, 1Gig RAM. I loaded Vista Home Premium onto a spare partition so that I dual boot with XP. I have a DVD ROM drive (Samsung) - which Vista detects and displays every time in My Computer and Device Manager. But my NEC CD-RW it does not see - not even in Device Manager. I can make it see the drive by using detect new hardware and opening and closing...
March 24th 07 11:27 AM
by Guy Wilson Go to last post
3 99
Low sound from speakers and no windows sound on new vista by Karen
I plugged my speakers in and have really low sound for cd and no windows sound. (start up sounds etc. there is nothing) please help. I've checked the volume controls in the control panel and they are all at %100
March 24th 07 11:56 AM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 110
control spindown of individual hard drives? by A L
Hello- Having just seen Al Gore's movie :), I was hoping to do a few things to save some greenhouse gas and some money. I have a couple of internal hard drives in my Vista system that I don't often access (they're for backup purposes.) I see in Microsoft's Power Options component of Control Panel that I can set a setting that specified when to spin down all hard drives after a certain...
March 24th 07 01:50 PM
by A L Go to last post
4 148
Wiresless mouse by PaulM
Has anyone found a wireless mouse that works with Vista? I mean a mouse the will let the screensaver work. -- www.paulsxp.com www.paulsxp.com/forums
March 24th 07 04:32 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
3 106
USB Keychain Drive Unreadable, yet works in XP by Matt Stanzel
I have a USB keychain drive that in "Disk Management" shows as "unreadable", yet if I take it to the office on XP Pro, or my XP Pro laptop, then it works fine. I've searched all over the internet, and have come upon no solution. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Matt
March 24th 07 05:15 PM
by Matt Stanzel Go to last post
3 101
Dreamscene worked witjh my ATI 1650... by =2L8M8=Basher
Hi Guys, I have an ATI 1650 that worked great with dreamscene, on dual monitor briliantly, howerver ET wouldnt so I went out and bought a GForce 7600 and now Dreamscene wont work at all I cant even choose a background, just plain colours. good news - ET Works lol Any suggestions please? Dave
March 24th 07 05:16 PM
by =2L8M8=Basher Go to last post

From The