  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
windows vista: sound recorder by usualobject0
I have windows vista home basic, installed on my laptop and I am having a problem with the sound recorder. Everytime I open it up, a window pops up saying, "Windows Sound Recorder is not installed properly. Run REGSVR32 WavDest.Dll." How do i go about fixing this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 08 03:27 PM
by usualobject0 Go to last post
14 392
windows vista: sound recorder by usualobject0
hi i have windows vista-home edition and i am having a problem with the sound recorder. Everytime i run it, a window opens up saying, "Windows Sound Recorder is not installed properly. Run REGSVR32 WavDest.Dll." How do i fix this problem?
January 1st 08 04:04 PM
by usualobject0 Go to last post
0 108
Windows Vista/Media Player 11 wont recognize cd/dvd writer by deadringer
hi i was trying to burn a cd a while ago and then i realized that media player11 wont recognize my cd burner, so i cant burn anything. i looked around and saw that if i right click on my cd drive and click on properties, it should have a recording tab that can "enable burning" , but i dont have that. i am using a samsung sh-s182d cd/dvd writer and it wasnt listed as a compatible device...
October 13th 07 06:58 PM
by deadringer Go to last post
8 114
Windows Vista, nVidia & Media Issues by Jason
I'm having a problem with my PC since installing Windows Vista (Ultimate 64-bit). It seems there are serious issues with media playback, so much so that whenever I try to watch a video my system dies, whenever I try to run the performance evaluator and the system gets to media playback evaluation, it dies and whatever I try to burn video to DVD, the system dies. Sometimes I get lucky and...
March 4th 07 02:42 AM
by Mark Go to last post
5 205
Windows vista X64 premium giving error 39 for Pioneer DVD-212D by aknisley
I had an IDE DVD burner installed when I originally built this machine and it worked for a while. When it stopped working I though is was bad so I did some research and bough an Pioneer DVD-212D which was on the list of approved devices for Vista X64. The drive shows up fine in the bios and Windows finds it and installs a driver for it. The problem is it has an error 39 and the date for the...
March 21st 08 12:06 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 202
Windows Vista x64 and Creative x-fi by Julie[_7_]
Hi everyone, I was just wondering what the creative x-fi cards are like to use with vista x64. I remember back when vista first came out, there were major issues with the drivers. Have they fixed these issues?
September 29th 08 11:09 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
6 286
Windows Vista wireless issues. by Mark - Australia
HI there I am running windows vista home premium 32 bit. I also have a Openw 624w wireless router and a 303w usb wireless nic. My problem is this, windows will detect the type of network I am trying to connect to, whether it be secured or not, however when I try to connect to the network I am never successful, I get an error saying the wireless access point or router is not responding.
September 4th 07 01:14 AM
by Mark - Australia Go to last post
0 163
Windows vista will not let me use my second graphics card. by nathan
Hi running my pc under windows xp it will let me run both 8600gt in sli mode, but since shadowrun is only avalable on vista i had too install that, but for the life in me i can not get windows to run my second card. no matter what driver i install it always says. This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). i check for solutions but it comesa back with nothing....
December 1st 07 09:31 PM
by Elliott Go to last post
4 118
Windows Vista wants a new activation code by Stuart Pinder
I've had windows Vista for about 4 months. Installed with no problems and activiated as normal. About a week ago I had a warning saying that it needed to be reactivated because of a hardware change - but I havnt done one. Having done a bit of research it appears some games not compatible with Vista can cause this to happen - In my case I believe settlers 2. Now I have removed the game - but...
September 17th 07 03:55 AM
by brink[_1025_] Go to last post
3 143
Windows Vista Video Card Problem by Aaron Roberts
I use Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 which is Activated and completely functional.. not ever had any issues with Hardware / Software until one day I was just using Windows Media Center and went to play a Video and the playback was really slow. The Audio would play fine but the video would play in slow motion. This happen completely randomly without any reason. Anyway, I quit Media Center and...
May 16th 08 06:29 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 173
Windows Vista USB Mass Storage Device driver problem by cb40oz
I'm plugging a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop Harddrive into my HP Pavilion dv9208nr Notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium and the drivers will not load. Everytime I try re-installing the driver, I get the following message: Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting...
July 28th 07 12:22 AM
by Darryl Gittins Go to last post
5 178
Windows Vista USB devices 'remove safely' by Ashish
Hi, I recently installed windows vista. I noticed that when I choose 'Remove safely' option for USB devices from task bar, the OS reports successful disconnection, but the USB device still keeps on charging (It seems to be receiving power). But in Windows XP, this was not so. Those LED's use to turn of once I do the above action. Is this a change in Windows Vista or there is some other...
April 5th 08 11:53 AM
by Chris Michaelides[_2_] Go to last post
6 203
windows vista upgrade vs home preuim vs home basic by knight
has anyone purchased the upgrade version only and hadnt any problems playing there games i did a clean install with the full version cause it said so and my games either stalled or wont work, has anyone with the upgrade had any problems with there games??? or is there any differance like with the home basic???
March 5th 07 06:22 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
2 232
windows vista upgrade advisor and Intel Integrated Graphics Media by Kunal Shah
Hi All, I recently purchased Dell 640m with 2gb ram. it has pentium dual core and Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM. Specs shows that Graphics card can take maximum of 225mb of RAM. that is more than enough to support AERO and GLASS interface for windows vista premium. However when i ran windows upgrade advisor, it asked me upgrade graphics card ( like it is easy to do on...
March 19th 07 03:42 PM
by Kunal Shah Go to last post
0 95
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor by DJS73
Vista advisor reports no compatibility for Intel SMBus Controller - 2930. This is a viable controller with the latest driver. Will this give me a problem when installing Vista? Was curious why it woud report as no "no compatibility?" -- Thanks for your help!!
May 10th 08 12:25 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 199
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor by Papz
Hello the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor says my Realtek AC97 Audio Will Not Work In Windows Vista And If I Update The Driver Will It Help When I Get Windows Vista Nest Year.
November 19th 06 09:30 AM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
4 149
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Bit Uninstallation Problem by illuxion08
Hi to all..Well oh Vista is too heavy for 4 GB ram :(..When I was rendering last night on 3D MAX wid VRay its was behaving like a crap..Anyways now I have to uninstal it..Well now am going to install my old XP x64 Bit..But the problem is that after successfull bootup and loading of drivers for XP setup, when I want to format the partision having Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Bit it says that u have...
August 9th 08 12:24 AM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 243
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 by Lohan Roberto
I just performed a fresh install on my HP zv6000 CTO Notebook (Athlon64 4000+ w/ 2 GB RAM) to Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. But the OS is so slow, hanging everywhere... I never thought that the 64-bit version of vista would be SO MUCH slower then Windows XP... Would Vista Ultimate x86 be faster? ------------------ System Information ------------------
February 16th 07 02:18 PM
by Son_Worshipper Go to last post
3 292
Windows vista ultimate hangs in HT machine*** URGENT SUGGESTION NEEDED PLEASE*** by somu_bcrec
Hi everybody, I have intel p4 3.0 Ghz HT processor intel original D101GGC mainboard 1 gb zion ram ddr 80 gb sata hdd When i install windows vista ultimate it completes the installation fine but after installation while using windows vista , it get hangs for few minutes and remain like that for 2-3 mins, with no mouse keyboard working :confused: ,then again the hangs clears and it start working.
August 5th 08 10:04 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
2 187
Windows Vista Ultimate Corporate Edition by Shawn
I plan on making a purchase for an organization. My biggest question, and I'm sure the same for others: Can you customize Vista Ultimate to have features and functionality of the Business edition, or any other editions for that matter? Shawn
March 13th 07 09:56 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post

From The