Logitech® QuickCam® for Notebooks Pro by Alan L
Has anyone found a work round to the absence of drivers or support from either Vista or Logitech which would enable my web cam to work on my laptop? Hope someone can help.
February 13th 07 09:13 AM
by Alan L Go to last post
3 132
64-Bit Version Compatible? by Alan Morris
I am using a Dell Dimension 5150 with an Intel 3.0Ghz Hyper Threading processor and 3 gigabytes of RAM. My two questions a 1. Would I be able to run the 64-bit version of Vista? 2. Is the 64-bit version of Vista more driver deficient than the 32-bit version? Thanks in advance for any help anyone in the group is able to offer. Regards,
October 12th 06 07:49 AM
by Stephen Beach Go to last post
3 84
Hard disk repair by Alan T
I just bought the Seagate SATA 320 GB last month and recently my Ultimate edition always prompt there is problem of my harddisk, need to back up. Any tools can be used to dignose the problem?
August 31st 07 12:04 PM
by Malke Go to last post
7 109
Rechargeable mouse by Alan T
What do you think which one is battery/electricity saving? Mouse use batteries (AA) or sit on rechargeable cradle?
September 1st 07 06:07 AM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
4 72
2nd harddisk for dv7-3020 by Alan Whimp[_3_]
I bought an HP Pavilion DV7-3020sa a week ago which has 2 HDD areas but only 1 HDD fitted. I have bought an identical HDD to the one already installed to fit into the 2nd drive slot but cannot find anywhere where I can buy the lead to connect it to the mainboard. Having now tried over 15 companies, including HP, I am becoming frustrated. Does anyone know where the lead can be purchased? It is...
January 6th 10 05:09 AM
by Alan Whimp[_3_] Go to last post
0 83
2nd harddisk for dv7-3020 by Alan Whimp[_3_]
I bought an HP Pavilion DV7-3020sa a week ago which has 2 HDD areas but only 1 HDD fitted. I have bought an identical HDD to the one already installed to fit into the 2nd drive slot but cannot find anywhere where I can buy the lead to connect it to the mainboard. Having now tried over 15 companies, including HP, I am becoming frustrated. Does anyone know where the lead can be purchased? It is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 14th 10 02:53 PM
by mwvik Go to last post
24 1,507
eSATA External drive keeps vanishing by alanho
Vista 32 ASUS P5KC Mobo Intel Q6600 CPU Antec 650 W PSU Two SATA 320 GB internal drives connected to SATA slots 1 and 2 of 4 An external ASUS eSATA and USB2 enclosure with WD 640 GB SATA hard drive connected to an eSATA port on the computer. The external eSATA hard drive works fine after a reboot but after a few hours it vanishes and cannot be found by Explorer or the Control panel
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 03:59 AM
by Dospac Go to last post
10 314
Which notebook for Vista 64 ? by AlanKohl
Which notebook processors support Vista 64 natively ? Is it only the Turion, or are there any Intel notebook processors out there that will allow to address the entire 64-bit memory space without using any tricks / emulation / re-indexing ?
March 24th 07 12:13 AM
by Chaliesan1 Go to last post
9 77
Backup help by alanrr
Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop using Vista preminium. I have a Kingston 2 GB flash drive for backup. I tried to backup the computer today and get a message that the last backup failed - 0X8100000A. In Arpil it worked O.K. Can someone Help?? Alan
June 6th 08 12:55 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
2 116
task bar by alanrr
hello, I click something and my taskbar is on the right side of the screen. I cannnot find a place to set up the taskbar on the bottom. Can someone help me? Thank you, alanrr
April 25th 08 08:04 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 70
windows optical mouse 5000 by alanrr
Hello, I have a windows optical mouse 5000. I installed the batteries in the mouse and it shows a red light, but the curser did not move. Can someone tell me the process to start and end of the mouse operation? Thank you, alanrr
March 3rd 08 05:36 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 81
Sidewinder and Intellipoint software. by Alan[_6_]
Hi, hope someone has an idea of what the problem is here. I recently purchased a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse, http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=100 The issue I have is in that when using the generic OS drivers the mouse behaves itself but I lose the functionality of the extra buttons. If I load the intellipoint software from the provided CD OR install the latest...
June 3rd 08 06:41 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 88
Sync problems with Windows mobile 6.1 by Alan_S_5
I am having problems with widows mobile 6.1 and my Dell Axim PDA. Whenever I try to sync I get the message 'sync center stopped working'. This is the 1st sync to establish the partnership. I can't find any answers on the net so has anyone solved a similar problem please. Many thanks Alan
June 27th 07 09:12 AM
by Alan_S_5 Go to last post
2 69
Quick Display Setting by alaskanrogue (Marc George)
XP supported right clicking the desktop and changing display settings; it was a very useful feature compared to having to go thru the entire display personalization process. -- Marc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not...
January 13th 07 02:16 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 83
Cloned Display by alaskanrogue (Marc George)
When I first upgraded to Vista Business RTM from XP Pro, I was in a cloned dual display mode. Vista retained that mode thru shut down and reboots, but if I was off line and the system hibernated or slept then resumed, the function was off. There was no way to change the display setting to turn the function back on, unless I did a restore. On vacation, I didn't a second display, so I lost the...
January 13th 07 11:15 AM
by alaskanrogue (Marc George) Go to last post
0 71
infrared transceiver not staying on by alba03
In order to keep the transceiver on I have to continually push the the button on the top. It reads when I use the keyboard, but not when I use the mouse. It stops communicating with the mouse after about 30-45 seconds. Any ideas?
July 16th 08 04:24 PM
by alba03 Go to last post
0 58
USB so slow + DVD backup by Albédo
X- post: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general + microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices FU2: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Also posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, I guess Hello. I am writing from France (though in English, hopefully). I recently had to reinstall my laptop (Dell Inspiron). Before that, I had lots of problems with backing up data onto USB keys, as the system...
August 19th 08 08:07 AM
by Albédo Go to last post
8 114
help with assistive settings in vista for a trackball by albert
I trust this is the group to ask -- if not, please do let me know where to try next. I have Windows XP, so I cannot answer this by examining my own machine. I am teaching an 80+ year old to use her computer. The intellectual part of the process she is quite good with, but has some fine motor problems in controlling her mouse . I think a trackball would be much better for her.
September 17th 09 04:36 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
3 273
64 bit Vista Memory by Albert Fischer
64 bit Vista will not install if more than 2 megs of memory is installed. Must install over 2 megs of memory after 64bit Vista is installed.
January 14th 08 10:43 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 106
Drivers must be different by Albert Fischer
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD 64bit 2x 4400 cpu, Ati 800, 2megs of memory, etc. I was able to load Vista beta 2 32 bit and get all my drivers for the motherboard installed and my NVTV Display driver and with some trouble get access to my data files. I upgraded to RC! 64 bit (with minimal drivers) no trouble but when I tried to upgrade the 32bit it got stuck in the last step (Completing...
September 11th 06 11:56 PM
by Albert Fischer Go to last post

From The