  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Accessing Data on External Hard Drive by orpheusgato
Usual problem ... PC died, no back-up. Removed hard drive and purchased a CompUSA USB 2.o External Hard Drive Enclosure. Instructions do not include Vista yet. I see that a "Drive J" is listed in the "folders" section of "Computer" and I can tell that this is info from my old PC's hard drive, but it doesn't look like all of it ... mostly system info. I'm trying to find Word, Excel, and...
February 18th 07 02:24 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 262
Accessing DVD/CD blue screens PC by Tribe
Having followed the instructions in "DVD/CD suddenly stops working (GMA-4082N)" I can now see my DVD/CD as normal. Now when I insert any DVD or CD, blank or otherwise, my PC now blue screens with the message "APC_Index_Mismatch". Searching the web reveals its a kernel error, which is nice. Any help appreciated.
July 4th 07 08:20 AM
by Tribe Go to last post
5 149
Accessing More RAM by Peter
I had two 512MB RAM's in my pc in dual channel 128bit mode, but upgrading to windows vista hp meant i needed more ram. So i've put in 2 Corsair 1GB Ram's, which is also running in the dual chanel 128bit mode. The motherboard recognises the two Ram's and their total capacity of 2048MB but in Windows Vista, it only says there is 1GB of ram (1023MB to be exact), and the task manager says there...
September 24th 07 04:55 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
7 135
Accessing windows based mobile device in windows vista by Valkyris
I have a HP Pocket PC hooked up to a Windows Vista machine. The device is recognized, the device password is accepted and the device shows up in windows explorer. However when trying to expand the entry to view the contents of my Pocket PC nothing is diplayed in widows explorer and no error is received. Anyone know what might be the issue here? I might point out that it has worked in the...
May 27th 08 09:34 PM
by Valkyris Go to last post
0 161
Accidentally deleted the recording devices by AbiPR
Hello! I accidentally deleted the recording devices on the Control PanelSounds. I want to configure my mic, but I can't select configure because there is no audio device installed. What can I do to install again my mic? I hope someone can help me.. Thanks -- AbiPR
January 4th 08 05:46 PM
by fan87 Go to last post
7 118
Accidentally disabled my speakers by Aberfox
In the sound pop up from the control panel I was trying to change the default speaker, but accidentally disabled it. Now the speaker has disappered from the playback devices tab and I cannot get any sound out of my speakers. Q. How do I enable my speakers again? PS. Its a laptop, so I think it's the internal speakers I've disabled
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 10 02:37 PM
by noobito Go to last post
17 731
accidentally press sleep mode in my destop computer by kyleetor777
How to wake turn on my desktop computer from sleep mode -- kyleetor777
April 19th 09 05:14 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 251
accidently deleted program by JJ
i have accidently deleted the system to my volumn control. i do not have the icon any more and every time i try to click on the program it would say " There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close" I need help to install the mixer device because i can't...
May 6th 07 10:49 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 128
According to our scan, your system already has the maximum amount of memory installed by lilazndood1
Hi, I only have 1 GB Ram for Vista so that's pretty bad. I have a Vista Premium 32 bit Dell Inspiron 531. So I wanted to upgrade my RAM so when I wento Crucial.com's system scanner. It said: According to our scan, your system already has the maximum amount of memory installed. But then I go down and it says theres 0MB installed with 4 slots left. - *Maximum Memory Capacity:* 4096MB -...
December 8th 08 04:45 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 274
Accton AM 5002 ADSL Modem by Chetan Shah
Hi guys, I have the Vista x64 edition (Ultimate) i need drivers for my ADSL Modem - Accton AM 5002 is the model. Any one using the same ? Please help. chetan
February 8th 07 04:36 PM
by Chetan Shah Go to last post
0 194
Acer 5610z start up problem by wpcalvert
Hi all, When I turn it on my notebook, it will only show the first screen with the Acer logo and the blue bar on the bottom, that bar will get to about 60% before the notebook shuts down. During this process the screen shows the option for Press F2 for setup. When I do that, the option is replaced with "Please Wait..." and will do nothing further. Nothing happens if I press Alt and F10 either....
August 31st 08 11:06 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 270
Acer 620U drivers by Phil
Hi, I have an Acer 620U Prisa scanner that I would like to use on my Windows Vista laptop. Does anyone know if there are drivers for this scanner? I tried all over on the web and didn't find anything. The Acer website was no use at all!!!!! Thanks, -- Phil
March 29th 07 07:11 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 110
Acer Aspire 5050 sound problems by turtle king
I can not get my sound loud enough on my acer 5050 ever since I upgraded to vista. I tried everything, I updated the driver and turned everything up but it is still very quiet, espcially when I try to play a movie or music on it. Can some one help?
April 6th 07 09:36 PM
by savvyless Go to last post
3 121
Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad by Michael Mastro
Anyone know where I can get drivers that allow the mousepad to work on an Acer Aspire Laptop. The ones that come with Vista and the ones that Acer have posted don't allow it to work. Thanks
February 18th 07 11:41 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 169
Acer Aspire 5100 synaptic touch pad by Maverick1251
I am running vista home premium, and have had no problems, but yesterday, the synaptics touch pad stopped working, so i have to use a usb mouse all the time. I have installed the latest drivers from Acer, to no avail. does anyone know how I get to the system files, that allow you to enable/disable, so I can chack if the problem lies there. The touch pad has some responce on start up, but...
June 1st 09 02:04 AM
by Serraphyna Go to last post
4 286
acer aspire 5610z by kropp1000
when i try to open it says jpeg fatal error, not a jpeg file:starts with 0x42 0x4d.and it wont open,what does that mean and how do i fix it.i restored it back to factory and it didnt work.the computer is only 2 weeks old HELP PLEASE
January 19th 08 03:20 AM
by Daman Go to last post
6 274
Acer Aspire 9300, no video hardware... by [sweetHEART]
Well this has been a bit of a problem since August. I was clearing up my program files and uninstalling things that I didn't need and I accidently uninstalled the drivers for my Orbicam on my Acer Aspire 9300. I downloaded the drivers from the Acer site and they haven't worked, I've downloaded and installed all of them just to check I wasn't getting the wrong one. When I open 'LiveCam' it says...
December 4th 07 08:58 PM
by [sweetHEART] Go to last post
0 117
Acer Aspire T180-UA381B Upgrade by Death-Wizh
hey, i am a webdesigner and gamer. I also use my pc for other various high end purposes. I am looking to upgrade the Processor, RAM(DDR2) & Graphics card. I am familiar with hardware. What i am confused about is the max that this computer can take of each. There are too many different responses and this leads to confusion. I want a dual core, its a AM2 socket. Please supply with as much...
October 27th 08 09:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 304
acer awaiting ms green light for releasing vista drivers by km
been in touch with acer support frequently, not that their support is good at all, but being reaffirmed several times that acer is waiting word from ms in order to release vista drivers. with the forthcoming vista release to vlk, msdn and technet clients one is wondering how long ms would hold back their approval for the drivers? vista is nothing if the drivers are not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 06 01:55 AM
by Clayton Go to last post
13 221
Acer C314, Vist and switching default audio device by Zakhar Amirov
Almost any time i switch default recording or playback device Explorer restarts
December 10th 06 09:54 AM
by Zakhar Amirov Go to last post

From The