Harddisk activity drives me crazy by Silvaner
I've got a harddisk activity stronger than activity at bootup. It starts may be half an hour after boot. - I can only stop it with reeboot. Vista (Ultimate) is working normaly and fine exept of this harddisk activity noise. Activity is although when i am away! When i'm comming back it stops(!) for a few seconds. My Board: Asus P5B Intel Core Duo, SATA CPU usage 2-4%
March 24th 07 06:23 PM
by kronos Go to last post
5 112
windows vista sound crash !!! by new york
microsoft is not helping nothing in vista !! a stop:0x00000124 crash to a blue screen after clean install of windows vista . crash when trying to play video sample thats came w vista . the hight df driver crashing the computer . re install realtk R156 drivers for vista 32 b ultimate then a crash ! why canot resolve this ?
March 24th 07 06:46 PM
by FKlassen Go to last post
2 112
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio by Andre Lavictoire
Ok here my problem.... I installed the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card and installed the updated drivers from the Vista driver from the Creative Website. The CD player is fine, however I am unable to use MSN Voice or Skype, in both of these I can hear perfectly, but callers can't hear me.I can't record using the windows recorder.
March 24th 07 07:03 PM
by Mary Go to last post
3 107
PC Overhaul by RickB
I am planning on giving my PC an overhaul this weekend, just wanted to see if replacing these parts would require me to do anything special besides a safety-net backup beforehand: 1. replace MSI K8N Neo4 mobo with a MSI P6N Platinum mobo 2. replace 2GB Kingston PC3200 DDR 400 RAM with 2GB Corsair PC6400 DDR800 RAM 3. replace AMD 3500 cpu with an Intel E6400 cpu 4. Coolermaster 450watt...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 07 07:18 PM
by Gus Kline Go to last post
10 255
Hidden restore Partition? by cutie_pyie
Hi all, I am in the U.S.A., East coast. I have purchased a new Toshiba A135-S4427 notebook that came preloaded with Vista Home Premium, on a 120GB HDD. Using SMC to look at the HDD, it shows up with a partition before the main C: partition:
March 24th 07 07:19 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
6 131
Energy Management by LarryC
Using Vista HP x64. Energy management was working just fine. I do have wireless keyboard and mouse from MS but I don't know if this is the problem or not. I do have all the lastest drivers installed. I don't know if screensaver was working after installing the wireless key and mouse, I didn't pay it much attention to this function after the install. I've looked on the net for solutions but...
March 24th 07 07:37 PM
by LarryC Go to last post
3 95
Changing Motherboard by Dave Mullard
I have recently built a new PC and installed Vista Ultimate (non OEM). I think my motherboard is faulty and I need to get a replacement. Hearing all the stories about Vista's activities to prevent software piracy, will this have any consequences. Can I do it and if so, will it reduce my future options to make hardware changes. One of the reasons for building my own PC was to allow me to...
March 25th 07 12:27 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 129
Xbox 360 controller for windows deadzone by Nathan Sheppard
Has anyone been able to get a 'work around' for the lack of deadzone support for the 360 controller under Vista? Any help would be awesome Cheers
March 25th 07 01:06 AM
by Nathan Sheppard Go to last post
2 113
Microsoft Bluetooth Stack for Vista [ MS USB BTH] by LID
Hi, I wondered whether anyone had compiled a list of Bluetooth USB dongles that work with the native Vista Driver. I've tried (and failed) to get a couple Belkin F8T009 adapters to work, even resorting to hacking bth.inf . My adapters a BT 1.2 not the newer 2.0 supported by some of the newer Belkin adapters (F8T013 and the like). I'm only really interested in using the MS native Bluetooth...
March 25th 07 04:28 AM
by Victor Go to last post
6 176
anyone know a good DVD writing package for Vista (cheap or free?) by Gertrude Finklestien
Hello, in upgrading my fairly late model HP system to vista, I seem to have lost the old ROXIO CD writing software that came with it -- that is, it is no longer compatable. That package had one good feature which I miss, it could read and write ISOs to DVDs (and CDs). I was using PowerISO on Vista, which generally has some useful functiion (iti can mount virtual DVDs and so forth), but...
March 25th 07 06:16 AM
by Sylvain Lafontaine Go to last post
9 164
Pro Stik by Berzrkr
Anybody have any idea how to make the Pinnacle HD-Pro TV tuner work with Vista? It worked flawlessly with XP and despite everything I've tried (including installing the recommended updates) it refuses to play. I'm jonesing for TV... please help! Lol! -- "Freedom is not free!"
March 25th 07 03:01 PM
by Berzrkr Go to last post
0 136
Screen blacks out under VISTA by Harry Krause
One of my buds went ahead and got himself a new system to run VISTA, similar to mine. He's got an ATI Radeon 1950 graphics card and says that every so often while playing the "extras" poker game and sometimes while in his web browser, his screen goes BLACK for a few seconds and then comes back. Connections are tight, he sez. Any ideas?
March 25th 07 03:03 PM
by Ray Rogers Go to last post
8 115
S-Video by Huib
Hi, I connect a S-Video cable to the TV but i don't see anything on the TV (of course after selecting the correct channel on the TV). Has anything to be done on Vista (installing SW ....)? Regards Huib
March 25th 07 05:04 PM
by Huib Go to last post
3 98
Is AT&T/yahoo adsl devices offer compatible with Vista? by GT
thinking of getting AT&T dsl this month. Is AT&T/yahoo adsl devices offer compatible with Vista already?
March 25th 07 07:11 PM
by bree Go to last post
3 95
Upgrading for better overall performance by Lang Murphy
Drew wrote: I thought maybe some one here can help..First off Vista works great for my games and actually I have not had any problems with it at all but I want to improve things so,,, Currently running Vista Business on a AMD socket 939 motherboard with a AMD 3200+ 2000 processor 2 gigs of ddr500 Crucial Ballistix tracer ram Twin 160gig hdds in a raid0 format A PNY...
March 25th 07 09:26 PM
by Drew Go to last post
8 105
Can't install scanner by Paasie
I have a Trust scanner that i bought a few years ago. It worked great with XP, but the manufacturer don't have a driver for Vista. Is there anyway i can get it working?
March 25th 07 10:25 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 97
HP psc 1350 installation problem. by FG
I must add that I used the software for Vista from HP website. "FG" a écrit dans le message de news: ... Hello, I hope this is the right group for my question. Has someone succeeded in fully install the software/hardware for the HP psc 1350 All-in-One printer ? The printer works. Thus, Vista recognizes the printer.
March 25th 07 10:28 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 95
Automatically start a program at startup problem by Art
I am running Vista Home Premium. I have placed a shortcut to Outlook in the startup folder but Outlook does not automatically start when the computer is booted. Please help.
March 26th 07 04:47 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 108
ATI All inWonder 1900 Video Card by Rick Rogers
Hi, From ATI's driver update site: http://ati.de/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html "Note: All-in-WonderT boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for All-in-WonderT boards under Windows Vista."
March 26th 07 11:40 AM
by john Go to last post
3 133
Sound Card by ET
Given what I'm reading about X-Fi drivers, am I better off to use the ASUS card that come with my Striker Extreme board ?? How much better or worse will the sound be ? Thanks
March 26th 07 01:45 PM
by Conor Go to last post

From The