Vista rating by Tjornn
What is current Vista rating? is it 5.9 or..? In future, it will increase than 5.9 till , 8, 9... or?
March 26th 07 03:21 PM
by John E Go to last post
6 126
G Force Go no Go! by dotcom
I'm trying to install beta drivers from the nVidia web site for the GForce Go 6800 Ultra and the installation stops and says something to the effect that this is not Windows Vista and therefore cannot install the drivers. I am running Vista Home Premium...what gives?
March 26th 07 03:29 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
3 107
Vista Drivers by VRG Admin
We have set up a sister site to run along our Games site. This will hold links for Vista Drivers both 32 and 64 bit. http://drivers.vistareadygames.com/index.php Please add ANY Vista Drivers that you use. Cheers all. VRG Admin
March 26th 07 06:30 PM
by VRG Admin Go to last post
6 140
Need help with AMD 3800 X2 upgraded CPU not working right by [email protected]
Hi all! I just updated my Vista, home made, PC from an Athlon 64 3500+ single core chip to an Athlon 64 3800 X2 to take advantage of multi- processing in Vista. Here is the problem. When I ran the benchmarks, Vista is performing terribly. I went from about 12,500 to about 7,500 in 3D Mark 03. I didn't do a clean install of Vista, but the motherboard (MSI 7025) and OS picked up the CPU right away....
March 26th 07 08:55 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 162
Can't install Maxtor external hard drive? by jlara36
I installed the software but Vista tells me it's not connected.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 07 01:42 AM
by MattersNot Go to last post
10 253
DVD/CD drive drivers install error by Scott Thomas
I purchased the Vista Home Upgrade. I am trying to install it, but it says I need drivers for my DVD/CD drive. What the heck? Why would I need drivers for my DVD/CD drive? Has anyone come across this? Anyone have a solution? I have an NEC DVD-ROM drive. P.S. I'm not confusing this with inserting drivers INTO my DVD/CD drive for another device. It is prompting me to insert DVD/CD drivers...
March 27th 07 05:39 AM
by Noozer Go to last post
1 112
CPU for a new PC by Jerry Wong
Which one will you choose? AMD64 or Core2Duo? -- Jerry Wong http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo ¦ý§Ú*Ì·Ó¥LªºÀ³³\¡B ¬ß±æ·s¤Ñ·s¦a¡A¦³¸q©~¦b¨ä¤¤¡C(©¼«á3:13) But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 07 01:54 PM
by George Go to last post
12 241
Line of dead pixels appeared but only in Windows by Tatham Oddie
I have some more information now too: The line is visible on top of the overlay applied when a UAC prompt is displayed. This to me indicates something at the driver level rather than some random piece of software / virus. If it was just a piece of software / virus it would be under the overlay. I did not install or change any software over the period - I literally just left the machine...
March 27th 07 10:57 PM
by Tatham Oddie Go to last post
0 144
Sync HP iPAQ hw6500 by juivoinie
Microsoft ActiveSync doesn't work with Vista, gotta use Windows Mobility Center. I tried but can't sync my device. What exactly should I do?
March 27th 07 11:00 PM
by Phil in SoFla Go to last post
2 152
Dell D610 External Video Issue by paintchip
I have a D610 with Vista 32bit Business Edition. Running dual monitors with a ATI X300 card. (Any Vista Driver has the same effect) I am unable to do anything besides power down. I am forced to boot into safe mode and delete drivers then boot into normal mode and reinstall the drivers to get my video back to dual screen in the port replicator. If I undock the laptop video works fine on lid...
March 27th 07 11:01 PM
by paintchip Go to last post
0 103
Missing or corrupted device driver by arsonite
Ok I've tried the oldest restore point on my computer ( which was only 6 days ago for some reason), and nothing has changed yet. This is weird as the drive had went two days ago. "arsonite" wrote: OK thanks. I will try that I guess and see what happens. Searching through I did notice a lot of topics related to this kind of thing. This must be a big problem for Vista.
March 27th 07 11:02 PM
by arsonite Go to last post
0 103
ps2 keyboard won't work by Mick
don't talk crap. Dell is selling NEW computers with PS2 ports right now! "Mary" wrote: Didn't you get a keyboard with the new computer? KB's need to be directly connected to the computer. PS2 is old technology now as are switches and computers do not recognize it. Buy a usb keyboard--any of the new ones will do. You can't use a switch. I like my MS KB model 4000--usb, wired, no ...
March 27th 07 11:02 PM
by Mick Go to last post
0 102
Vista Sleep Mode Power Consumption? by fleming
I recently installed Vista Home Premium on my desktop. I had read there was a low power sleep mode new in Vista, so I was curious what the definition of "low power" was. I hooked up my Watt meter to my pc's power cord, and put the computer in sleep mode. 84 watts was still being used, which is the exact same wattage as standby in XP. How is this any better than standby? Are new...
March 27th 07 11:03 PM
by fleming Go to last post
0 115
Cannot remove USB Hard disk by ceohotmail
I have my portable USB external HDD. I have never been able to remove the drive with a "safe to remove baloon" If i have browsed the drive , anad then closed all the windows and most of the system tray icons, IT stills says drive in Use ..and wont let me disconnect the USB (from the system tray) Whats wrong? Can i have shortcuts pointing to external drive? can i index an external drive?
March 27th 07 11:04 PM
by ceohotmail Go to last post
2 128
Lifecam vx 6000 issue. by [email protected]
I'm not getting video from the lifecam vx6000. I'm running windows ultimate 64 bit version. I'm getting funny colors only. I currently have the camera hookup via a usb hub device it's about 4 yrs old now. I tried to doing what it said in the supports doc with no luck I tried everything from reducing the screen res to trying a different port on the hub still no luck. I also, downloaded and...
March 27th 07 11:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 95
Vista Sleep / Hibernate and Internet Connection Problem by JPP
I have experienced the wake up problem also. My laptop connects to the net via a commercial wireless ISP. I have another problem. After and extended internet session my PC just stops communicating with the network. When I look at the Task Manager, no data is being transmitted. The connection is still good and get this my XBox 360 which connects through my PC can still talk to the net. Just...
March 27th 07 11:09 PM
by JPP Go to last post
0 80
Vista reports 1gb when I have 2gb installed by Carlos
Joe: Donwload and install the freeware reporting utility CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php). See what does it say about your memory in the SPD tab. Carlos "Joe K" wrote: I installed 2GB into my computer but only 1GB shows in Vista (32-bit). The BIOS shows 2GB. What do I need to do.
March 27th 07 11:12 PM
by Joe K Go to last post
1 88
Acer 620U drivers by Carlos
Phil: Try www.hamrick.com Those guys make drivers for outdated scanners. Carlos "Phil" wrote: Hi, I have an Acer 620U Prisa scanner that I would like to use on my Windows Vista laptop. Does anyone know if there are drivers for this scanner? I
March 27th 07 11:14 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
0 91
Installing drivers problem (those who are integrated in windows vi by Niko
I have a problem. I installed Vista Business (from MSDNA-A) and all the devices installed correctly. But now every time I connect a device the found new hardware pops up and tells me no driver can be found (like for an USB mini drive for example). If I search in c:\windows\system32 it installs the driver. It's really annoying, because I have reinstalled vista 2 times (fresh install) but the...
March 27th 07 11:16 PM
by Hitechmx Go to last post
3 88
GeForce 6800 by Powerbox
Anyone have the problem after installing Windows Vista, which your graphics card onboard cooling fan continually runs? And the I can’t find/access the old NVIDIA settings to see if my graphics card is still over clocked after the Vista beta upgrade.
March 27th 07 11:19 PM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post

From The