eSATA external HDD ok under XP, no longer activated under Vista x64 by lanstrad
I have seen a thread about that, but since it's getting old, I wanted to post a new one to ensure it will be seen... Sorry for redundency if you have read it elsewhere. I have a dual-boot PC (Win XP Pro 32 bit and VISTA x64). The Nextar3 plugged through eSATA (ASUS P5B) was seen until a few days ago when I updated BIOS (for another problem). Since then, only XP sees the external drive (in a...
June 5th 08 10:12 PM
by lanstrad Go to last post
0 126
DVD-CD Drive not working...HELP! by Wallyhockey17
Hello, I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR K17A ATA Device dvd/cd drive that is not working on my Toshiba laptop. When I check out the drives properties through my device settings, the device status reads as below: "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."
June 5th 08 09:54 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
4 208
CPU Fans and heatsinks by Red Dog
I have heard that the stock fan and heatsink that come with Intel cpu's is not a very good setup. Can someone recommend a good setup for a Core2Quad Q6600 to go on a Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard? I would like something close to the original setup, but of better quality.
June 5th 08 09:39 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
4 185
Error: Wink32k.sys! by Claudia
Ok, this is the third time that this error shows. And when i turn on my lap top again, i see this message: Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000008e
June 5th 08 07:01 PM
by Claudia Go to last post
0 180
SOUND by KRISTINA
i cannot get any sound out of my laptop. it was workin fine one day then wasnt the next. it wont even let me open the volume mixer. its saying something about a soundcard. but i dont understand anything about laptops or computers so im stuck. i cant listen to my music, cds, web pages, games. nothing. HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEASE
June 5th 08 06:13 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 248
Attn: Farhan Ahmed,Vista usb port driver doesn't power off device when safely removed by Rob Redbeard[_2_]
On Apr 28, 11:35 pm, "Farhan Ahmed " wrote: For the LED not going off case, there was an intentional behavioral change from XP to Vista, where the USB bus driver does not turn off the hub port to which the device is attached when the device is "soft removed" i.e. it is still plugged in physically. Is there an article on microsoft.com that describes this...
June 5th 08 04:39 PM
by Rob Redbeard[_2_] Go to last post
0 142
The future of PCI WinModems by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
IS Micro$oft gonna drop 64-bit support for them in Windows 7.0? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.25.4 ^ ^ 19:55:01 up 2:08 0 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ? ? (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
June 5th 08 02:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium by Kevin Potts
I have an HP a1440n Media Center PC, just upgraded to Vista Home Premium, the LightScribe writer that came with the computer can no longer burn disks, on cd's or dvd's. In device manager it's listed as HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H21L ATA Device. I have been checking the HP software website for updated drivers but nothing so far. Is this my only option, wait for an updated driver, or is there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 10:22 AM
by padneen Go to last post
18 430
cd/dvd rom by BlackHawk
In the last few days my disc drive only recognizes DVD discs. It will not play or do anything with CD discs. I have un-istalled and re-installed. Restarted the PC at a restore point. Still the same. I am running Vista Home premium with a NEC CD/DVD+-RW ND-3350A ATA Device.
June 5th 08 06:49 AM
by BlackHawk Go to last post
2 147
WinModems and 64-bit Vi$ta by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
Every time my Agere modem goes on or off hook, the whole 64-bit Vi$ta chokes and coughs. No choking under 32-bit XP. Is this normal? Or is it a bad driver? But then I am using the driver provided by and downloaded from M$.... Don't tell me that M$ is backstabbing soft modems... :)
June 5th 08 04:31 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
5 175
ATI Theater 650 & Vista MCE by JayTx2
Ive installed an ATI theater 650 on 2 Vista machines ( 1 with ASUS M2A-VM mainboard and the other with MSI K8mm3 mainboard) Load current drivers from ATI and system shows good install, However, when I try during MCE setup to find the ATSC signal during automatic setup the system ignors the ATSC antenna. When I hunt manually I can load either DTV or cable but not both. How can I get the...
June 4th 08 10:52 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 163
Serious Hardware or OS Problem? by Lee Beck
I rescued my computer from a house fire. I was pleased that after cleaning it up it recognized my drives. I had to move and get a new DSL carrier, so I got a new gateway from them and also replaced my mouse and keyboard. The first problem that I encountered was that I could not get the setup.exe file to activate for the MSFT hardware CD, but I did get the mouse/keyboard working (w/o the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 08 10:47 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
12 385
Gateway C-142XL for 64 bit by hyla
I am interested in a Gateway C-142XL convertible tablet PC. I like the specs on this computer. I also like the idea of being able to use tablet mode, without going to a a 12" screen. It comes with Vista 32 bit. I am going to be running models, so I want to take advantage of the 64 bit system. My understanding is I can get Vista 64 bit compile for a nominal fee. However, I am concerned...
June 4th 08 09:18 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 253
gaming controller by The Shadow[_2_]
I have a Saitek P990 controller which includes profile editor software that is necessary to its use. I cannot enter my profile editor. Every time I try to, the computer says that I need to input an applicable device (like my controller that is already in a USB port). I believe that the software recognizes my controller when I install the software, but not after installation. If it is of any...
June 4th 08 07:10 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 156
Video Card... by kim_m
I have had my computer for only just over two weeks. It is windows vista and up until this afternoon I used the bubbles as my screen saver...then today I get a message saying that the screen saver can not be run because it needs a newer video card or one that is compatable with direct3d...what does this mean...its brand new and has worked find until this?!
June 4th 08 04:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 193
Vista Basic 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 64-bit by Fallen
I currently have the Vista Bastic 32bit operating system. However I've recently been informed that ultimate 64bit would better fit my needs. So I scampered over to TigerDirect.com where I found upon clicking on the Windows Vista Ulitmate 64 bit software that it says that you cannot upgrade 32bit to 64bit, or 64 bit to 32bit. Is this true? Or is this true only for XP 32bit trying to go to...
June 4th 08 04:00 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 153
hard disk strange by Klaudiu
Recently I installed windows vista ultimate and i have a problem when i open programs my hdd make a strange noise
June 4th 08 03:03 PM
by Nogginsaked Go to last post
2 173
Double clicking required on more icons than should be by Stewie
HI, I have a new HP with Vista Home Premium preinstalled.I am having to double click on some icons when i should not have to(i think), an example is the back and forward arrow -but not all the time -sometimes one click does the trick,also sometimes I double click back, the page goes back,then forward again.Also when Iam in the Windows Media program there is no pointer at all visable on the...
June 4th 08 12:39 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 142
Can't enter my chat by MsMaryMac
I believe my Computer is crashing a chat site, if I get internet disconnect it won't let me close the chat & then when I try to goback it give this error message which everyone who tried to enter is getting any idea how this can be fixed theerror message reads as follows.................... java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.chatspace.v310235.Chat at...
June 4th 08 12:34 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 170
free CD burning software by John A Grandy[_2_]
Does anyone know of a good free CD burning software for Vista ?
June 4th 08 05:49 AM
by Gordon Go to last post

From The