Vista Playing Dumb, Can't find a Driver for anything! by ke3pup
Hi i recently posted my problem in a thread called "USB Flash drives not recognized" here which related to my USB flash drive not being recognized and i had to look for drivers manually! Today i tried to make a new partition (Using Acronis Disk Director), and during the process Vista prompted for Driver for "Generic Storage" and then for "Unidentified Device"? Yes Vista can't find a Driver...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 07 11:23 PM
by ke3pup Go to last post
17 184
Vista shows a A: drive that isn't installed. by Rustin
I put together a PC with no floppy (A:) but Vista seems to believe that I have one installed. I have disabled it in the BIOS but it still keeps showing a A: drive. Any one run into this before?
March 27th 07 11:56 PM
by Birk Binnard ([email protected]) Go to last post
1 112
Dual Monitor Issue by Hutch
I am running dual monitors, and having a problem w/ the arrangment of the monitors. In Display Settings, I arrange Monitor 1 above Monitor 2. The settings take effect w/o any problems. However, if I lock the computer and then unlock it the settings go back to the default arrangements of the monitors being side-by-side. So is there a way to keep it from doing this or is there a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 07 11:59 PM
by Birk Binnard ([email protected]) Go to last post
15 163
Line of dead pixels appeared but only in Windows by Tatham Oddie
I have a vertical column of dead pixels (locked yellow) that has suddenly appeared on my laptop LCD. It is not a problem with the LCD itself or the video card because they are not visible during the BIOS stage of the boot, or the Windows boot menu. I have checked the Windows Update history and there were no autmatic updates applied over the night that this occurred. I have uninstalled the...
March 28th 07 12:00 AM
by Tatham Oddie Go to last post
0 103
ps2 keyboard won't work by Mary
Didn't you get a keyboard with the new computer? KB's need to be directly connected to the computer. PS2 is old technology now as are switches and computers do not recognize it. Buy a usb keyboard--any of the new ones will do. You can't use a switch. I like my MS KB model 4000--usb, wired, no batteries and cheap--one of the stores had it on special in Sunday's paper for $30. BTW, I don't...
March 28th 07 12:05 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 106
Problems getting Xbox 360 controller working with vista by Patrick
I have the 32 bit version of Vista Ultimate. When I try to install the Microsoft Common Controller app (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0e989b12-576b-42f2-b7c1-2a17ce25188b&displaylang=en&Hash=FbE3GsSVO72darlOTXDt8J2yXIOiAu9B2y2FYTNHKhAFw29oMImb%2fYH8qUPDTCacz2BvYEi9znMwvndRjD6hfw%3d%3d) I get the following two errors: --------------------------- Setup Error
March 28th 07 12:12 AM
by Patrick Go to last post
4 156
problems with new hard drive by luke_da_painter
I just bought a acer aspire 380 with vista premium installed on it. I bought a western digital 250 hard drive sata to up my hd space. I used computer management to partition but could only format the hard drive as a quick format, in full format it would stop at about 9%. When I went to transfer data to the hard drive it would transfer like 3 gigs and quit with this error: an unexpected...
March 28th 07 12:12 AM
by Qoheleth Go to last post
7 136
memory stick causes STOP Error by Dubya
Hello I have a Dell Dimension C521 with the most recent bios and certified windows vista drivers. I have a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a 8 - in - 1 memory card reader (SD, MMC, xD, CF, etc) and two front facing USB ports. Whenever I insert an SD card or Memorex Travel drive, I get a STOP error, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, I think it is STOP 0x0000050. It has been...
March 28th 07 12:13 AM
by Dubya Go to last post
3 120
Vista takes 10 mins to boot up! by Carlos
Hi: Turn your computer off and unplug it from the wall outlet. Open your PC case and unplug the offeding CD drive from the motherboard, as well as its power connection. Turn your computer on now and see if that solves it. Carlos "tpmdevon" wrote: Hi, wondering if anyone can help.
March 28th 07 12:13 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
0 99
Where is my hard disk drive space?!?! by Mary
The memory sounds fine. It's never the full amount because of various factors--system setup, reserved for video etc. And you hard drive is probably fine, too. You are most likely looking at the recovery partition & utility partition. All the rest is the huge drive that's usable. Go to Administrative Tools on the start menu, computer management, disk management and you will see a graphic of...
March 28th 07 12:19 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 109
HP dv6263cl Won't mirror desktop on external monitor by Tom Daniel
My brand new HP Notebook seems to work fine and I'm able to view the desktop fine on either the generic monitor or my new ViewSonic VX1935wm external monitor. I can change to move parts of the desktop to either monitor (though I haven't yet figured out how to move the cursor from one to the other?), but when I select the option "Duplicate my desktop on all displays (mirrored)" the desktop...
March 28th 07 12:19 AM
by Tom Daniel Go to last post
0 123
USB Flash drive write protected by mik99
I have a Apacer Handy Steno HT203 Flash drive. When I try to write, delete or format the drive I get the error 'Disk drive is write protected'. The drive itself doesn't have a switch to turn on/off write protection. Is it possible to set the write protection somewhere in Vista? I searched through all configuration settings but I could not find anything. Thanks Michael
March 28th 07 12:52 AM
by mik99 Go to last post
0 111
Sound will not work with Logitech Prop 4000 camera by Dave
I have installed the Logitech 4000 camera along with updates. When I use the set up wizard, I hear sound from my speakers and am able to use the microphone. When I connect via Windows Messenger, I can hear through my speakers the phone ringing (when inviting someone). I can nudge someone and hear that. The moment the connection with the other party is established, the microphone and...
March 28th 07 12:53 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 106
I can't zinc Palm Zire 71 and Can't use Camera BenQ DC 1300 by Ronny Diaz
With Vista I can't: 1- I installed the sofware for Palm Zire 71, but when I tried to zinc the device it's impossible to be connected. 2- I installed the sofware for BenQ DC 1300 digital Camer, but when I plug in the divice nothing happens, so, I can't download my photos from my camera !!!!! These devices were working OK with XP.
March 28th 07 12:53 AM
by Ronny Diaz Go to last post
0 78
Vista and TV by Quint
Got a new TV package on my PC. Trouble is I can't pick up a picture even with an attena Is it possible to pick up a signal via internet
March 28th 07 12:59 AM
by Quint Go to last post
0 152
Hard Drive Problems by S Murder
I had this problem about a week ago, it went away by itself, and now it's back again. Vista stopped recognizing my SATA II HDD for no reason. What am I supposed to do to get it working again?
March 28th 07 01:02 AM
by S Murder Go to last post
4 114
USB Scanner install (Cannot copy files) by Mary
Scanners operate differently on vista. Many don't even have drivers yet & don't work at all. Go to the visioneer site and see if they have one available. My HP didn't work until HP came out with a driver 3 weeks ago. If you have the driver file on your computer, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator and see if that works. Go to Scanners and Cameras on the start menu and see if...
March 28th 07 01:04 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 101
Inaccurate System Time/Clock (running slow) by Tony
I bought a new laptop from bestbuy the other day. Everything is running well except for the system clock. System time will be running slow, 10 sec in every 15 min. So the system clock kept on drifting off . The accumulation in a day will be around 10-20 min. OMG! I've tried to sync the time via internet, then shutdown Vista, and return to BIOS. I've been keeping an eye on it for one and a...
March 28th 07 01:14 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 137
Missing or corrupted device driver by arsonite
Hello Just recently, something with the DVD/RW drive on my Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop has suddenly stopped working. The drive itself is fine it still loads and acknowledges the discs but doesn't get any farther than that. So I opened open device manager and sure enough the drive was flagged with an error message. I opened it up and got this: Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by matt Go to last post
2 103
Memory Dump by Extruder Johnny
Ever since I installed Vista on a new computer I built, it keeps crashing giving me the BSOD and a memory dump. It will happen anytime, online or off while doing anything. Very unstable and annoying and am considering going back to XP! Any suggestions ?
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post

From The