Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Ultimate by FKlassen
Hello, Is there anyone here with a Dell Dimension 9200 running Vista Ultimate. If so, and it is running trouble free, would you please say what you have for audio card and video card. FK
March 28th 07 01:35 AM
by FKlassen Go to last post
4 106
how to install office 95 on Vista by mossy
my company want me to install office 95 then upgrade it with office 2000 I had tried twice. the comp can't find tools.
March 28th 07 01:41 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 110
Can't see a bluetooth device by koven
Worked ok till my Vista got stuck during pairing devices. Now when I plug any bluetooth dongle it can't see it (device manager shows nothing, there's no searching for the devices) other usb devices work fine. The BT dongle works great on another machine. Tryed other BT dongle with the same result. What can I try?
March 28th 07 01:42 AM
by koven Go to last post
0 102
Drivers won't install automatically by Guru
Hello, I am having a problem where drivers will not install automatically anymore when a new device is connected. They used to and then all of a sudden it stopped happening. After googleing this problem it seems it is happening to a lot of people, however I could not find a solution to this problem. When a device is connected Windows Update is searched for a driver and then the user is...
March 28th 07 01:43 AM
by Guru Go to last post
3 120
loud fan by jartherton
I just upgraded from XP64pro to Vista 64bit and now my computer fan (Graphics I think) run a lot more than it used to. I have Core2duo extreme with 4GB RAM and X1950 GPU 512MB. Is there any way to reduce the fan speed, I checked temperature and it is not overheating.
March 28th 07 01:44 AM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post
5 125
Vista Sleep / Hibernate and Internet Connection Problem by Chai
Several weeks ago I bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. The laptop came with intergated b/g wireless LAN and I always get "excellent" signal strength from my router. However, I am noticing the signal drops to "fair" and sometimes "poor" whenever the laptop wakes up from hibernate or sleep mode. Anyone has this problem and/or solutions? Thanks!
March 28th 07 01:48 AM
by miramis82 Go to last post
3 129
heatsink holder broken for socket 478. where do i purchase one? by GT
The plastic bracket that hold the heatsink broke when i tried to remove the latch. I've been trying to look for that type of heatsink holder. I look at hp site but they don't sell one can anyone help me? or just a easy replacement socket 478 CPU cooler that doesn't require taking the motherboard out of the case.
March 28th 07 01:51 AM
by GT Go to last post
5 121
Vista automatic driver installation problem by ejunks
Hello, I am having problems in the automatic driver installation in windows vista... When i install vista freshly,the automatic detection and installation of the drivers works perfectly, but after a few days of use ,this feature doesnt work correctly,and I have to point to the driverstore directory to search for the drivers...and in this case it finds the drivers and installs it correctly.
March 28th 07 01:52 AM
by Hitechmx Go to last post
2 125
Epson ActionLaser 1400 works... by -p-
Use the native HP LaserJet III driver. Works like a charm!
March 28th 07 01:53 AM
by -p- Go to last post
0 121
ASUS A8N SLI Premium onboard sound question by Rob
Are there Vista drivers in the box for the onboard sound? They have screwed up the Creative drivers so bad I am getting all kinds of performance issues with them and it looks like it will be MONTHS before I get a full working driver. I want to try my onboard sound , anyone using this same board and have GOOD working sound?
March 28th 07 01:54 AM
by miramis82 Go to last post
3 156
Vista Modem Problem -- Much Too Slow by Kevin
I just bought a new Dell computer with Vista pre-installed. Previously I used AOL and used the pre-installed AOL here as well, but the modem is dog-slow. It says it is connecting at 24k or faster, but it takes 30 minutes to load a page. And that's if I don't get the AOL timeout errors, which occur most of the time. Thinking it was AOL, I tried to register with another dial-up ISP -- and...
March 28th 07 02:00 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 115
Change primary display by Gian Maria.
Hi to everyone. I run windows vista home premium on toshiba laptop and an external monitor. Everything runs fine until yesterday I inserted a 2GB SD card and enabled ready boost. The system hang and I was forced to do a brute shutdown. When I restart I found that windows now use external monitor as primary display. I went to display settings and change settings to make laptop display as the...
March 28th 07 02:01 AM
by Gian Maria. Go to last post
0 105
USB Scanner install (Cannot copy files) by jimb
I am attempting to install a Visioneer onetouch USB scanner on Vista Ultimate. It recognizes the scanner and finds a driver on Windows Update. The install fails. I am well aware that I should wait for the vendor to release a Vista driver......:) My concern is that, when the driver install runs (even from Windows Update), it fails saying that it cannot copy files. It then pops up a box saying...
March 28th 07 02:03 AM
by jimb Go to last post
0 115
BFG 7600GTOC by Chris Knapp
I have been running this card without any issues at all, up until yesterday that is. I used the driver that Vista had automatically installed, and recently there was an update to this driver so I installed it. Now it recognizes it as: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (Microsoft Corporation WDD...) And the issue is that the fan on the video card is extremely loud now. Before if it was under load it...
March 28th 07 02:04 AM
by Dreamsayer Go to last post
2 137
Targus Bluetooth Adapter by Jerry
Hi, I installed a Targus (ACB10US) bluetooth adapter, so I could get pictures off my motorola V551 phone. It installed, and I moved all the pictures to my laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300) with no problems. Now every time I plug the adapter into my USB port the computer freezes up and I have to turn it off (by holding the power button) and restart. I am running Windows Vista Business, and have...
March 28th 07 02:05 AM
by Jerry Go to last post
0 110
Bluetooth on Startup by Kevin
With XP all my Bluetooth devices would enable during the OS boot and allow me to use my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With Vista I have to plug in a USB keyboard to type in the password on the login screen. Is there anyway to get the Bluetooth to load these devices on startup? Tx! - Kevin
March 28th 07 02:05 AM
by Julia dB Go to last post
3 157
What am I missing ( regarding HD speed index ) by 913fred
I have been using Vista RC2 on my PC. Bought a (new) used MB and Video card that were more compatible with Vista. After installing Vista RC2 on this new hardware configuration, I was pleased that the Vista rating was 4.1 ..with a HD rating of 4.9. ( I printed the screen for future reference ) Now I have purchased and installed Home Premium. Unfortunately, the rating has dropped to 3.2...
March 28th 07 02:48 AM
by woody Go to last post
1 115
Making the most of Windows Vista Ultimate - motherboard upgrade? by dummy
Hello. I am new to Vista. I was a long-time user of XP. I bought and installed Vista U and and found that allthough it worked, my vista experience rating was only 1.0. I was unable to use the 3d effects that come with aero as well as some screen savers. I thought I'd be clever and buy a new video card that was 3d enabled. That was my second mistake. Once I got the video card I...
March 28th 07 03:38 AM
by dummy Go to last post
3 119
Raid Question by Raid_Newb
I want to add my second rapto 150 but I have vista installed on the other drive, would I need to format and reinstall in order to make the array with both drives? If not is there a software that can do this without having to reinstall? Thanks
March 28th 07 04:39 AM
by Scott Thomas Go to last post
2 108
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC anyone know if this by GT
I have Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC in my motherboard. Is anyone using Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC to connect to the internet?
March 28th 07 05:10 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post

From The