Vista Does Not Exit Full Screen by dookie2000ca
I'm having a strange issue where games and other apps will go full screen without any problems but when I exit the app, Vista does not return to the desktop. I'm left with 2 blank black screens and a pointer. Running dual Samsung monitors on GeForce7600GT with all driver updates applied. Has anyone else run into this?
December 20th 07 01:00 AM
by dookie2000ca Go to last post
0 97
64bit Alps Pointing Device Driver by Doomz
Is there such a thing out there? *points to topic* I seem to have to beable to have the driver to disable the touchpad since the windows one won't disable on the laptop.. its a sony VGNFZ180E model if you need that info.. -- Doomz
November 11th 08 03:28 AM
by Milhouse Van Houten Go to last post
1 353
Microsoft Brand Media Center Remote and IR Receiver Vista Issues by DoosaiWolf
I have been experiencing problems with the Media Center Remote and IR Receiver in Vista Home Premium Edition. I have tried various Power Setting configurations and no matter what it seems that the IR Receiver is way too sensative in Vista Home Premium Edition... (It worked just fine for me before in XP MCE 2005 Update 2!) I have the actual Microsoft Remote and IR Receiver as well as the...
February 6th 07 07:11 AM
by DoosaiWolf Go to last post
0 200
asus a8r32 mvp-deluxe motherboard reboot every 5 minutes by [email protected]
(i copied this post i made on forums.microsoft.com, sorry for the unneeded verbiage) hi all. i am running the latest vista, built 5728 RC1, i believe, on my asus a8r32 mvp-deluxe motherboard. i am a fully supporting, registered vista user with a valid product key. I would like to try out lots of the new features in this build, but every 5 minutes or so, my system gets the blue screen error...
October 2nd 06 10:13 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
9 152
Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n by dopperman
My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does NOT appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.) and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade would be possible if I bought it then. I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the Laptop from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 06:54 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
10 438
Digital video recorder connection by dorno
My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it in through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its not even identifying it as new hardware.
September 15th 07 03:10 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
6 123
Need to be able to manually reassign com port numbers in Vista by Dorothy
My Vista does not have the advanced tab in device manager/com ports. I need to know how to manually reassign com port numbers in Vista. If the only answer is to uninstall devices and reinstall, that's not a fix at all. Thank you for your time and help.
June 23rd 07 01:11 AM
by Michael Go to last post
5 131
Dell BT 355 Bluetooth travel mouse loses connection after hibernation by DOSrelic
I have an Inspiron 1525 with Vista Ultimate and a Dell bluetooth BT 355 travel mouse with good batteries but when I have put it into hibernation 9 times out of ten it loses connection and sometimes cannot even see the mouse at all anymore when I try to reconnect it! http://en.community.dell.com/emoticons/emotion-9.gif] The only way to resolve this I have determined is to Hardboot it and then it...
June 13th 09 12:38 AM
by DOSrelic Go to last post
0 481
Can't get CD/DVD drive to work in Vista by dot
For months the DVD burner in my system was working fine, but in the last few days it stopped working. Vista detects it and loaded the device drivers, but it does not initialize the hardware properly. (I always get error "code 37".) Note that the system does detect that the DVD drive is there, and the driver does get the model number from the drive. Just to make sure there wasn't an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 02:29 AM
by Dash65 Go to last post
17 419
Vista hardware initialization problems by dot
I am having spuratic problems with device drivers loading and hardware initializing properly under Vista. 1 About 1 out of ever 4 times I boot the system, Vista does not detect the audio hardware on my motherboard and load the device drivers for it. If I reboot the system, it loads up and works fine though. 2 For months the DVD burner in my system was working fine, but in the last...
February 12th 07 09:06 PM
by MDBS Go to last post
1 188
G Force Go no Go! by dotcom
I'm trying to install beta drivers from the nVidia web site for the GForce Go 6800 Ultra and the installation stops and says something to the effect that this is not Windows Vista and therefore cannot install the drivers. I am running Vista Home Premium...what gives?
March 26th 07 03:29 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
3 107
NVIDIA Driver is my problem by Double Bogey
I have received a message from Windows that NVIDIA is the cause of my problem. Have received other messages of the same kind telling me a solutuion has been found or that they are still working on it. I have more than 1 problem. ( I have Windows Vista ) The message does not say which one it is addressing. Before I go do what it says must be done, which is not a slam dunk, I would like...
August 20th 07 05:39 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 126
CDs and DVDs not recognized when inserted. by Double9s
This is a Vista problem. When I open my CD drive or my DVD drive and insert a new disc, like a game, Windows doesn't recognize that I've done so. The autorun doesn't run. In my computer, it still shows the title of the last disc that was in there. And when I doubleclick the drive I get an error. The only way to run anything is to "explore" the disc and open the program. It's only been this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 08 10:30 PM
by swamppa Go to last post
17 380
82845G Intel Graphics Controller (Onboard) by Doug
Good Evening all. Due to Intel not supporting this graphics controller anymore, I am not able to upgrade so I can get the Vista dcd maker to work. Does anyone have any suggestions to bypass this without spending money??? Thank you. -- Doug
February 22nd 08 10:28 AM
by kamldeep Go to last post
1 121
Joystick by Doug
Hi, I have Flight Simulator X ( Demo ) installed on RC2 5744. I do not have a joystick or game controller. Is there one that will work with my setup and if so what is it. I have looked through the Vista games, hardware and general newsgroups but don't see anything about this. Doug
January 29th 07 05:13 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 129
DirectX by Doug
Good Evening all. I just clicked on Start, All programs, Windows DVD Maker for Vista. It errors out saying that my Video dows not meet minimum requirements. I clicked on learn more and it tells me thaI need DirectX 9. When I checked my system, it tells me that I have DirectX 10. So what is the problem? What can I do to fix this problem other than buying a new video card? Thanks -- Doug
November 24th 06 07:17 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
1 183
Ready Boost with memory cards? by Doug
I'm getting an hp laptop with a 5-in-1 digital media card reader. Is there any cards that I can put is there that will do ready boost? Would it be practical to just put in a memory card when I first get the laptop, make it completely dedicated to ready boost, and leave it there forever? What memory cards work with ready boost and how would I find the speed? Thanks.
June 4th 07 01:04 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 178
Ready Boost - how and why by Doug
Can you use ready boost with SD cards and other memory cards, or is it only usb devices? I know it's not as good as RAM, but how does it compare? I am getting a laptop with 2GB of DDR2 RAM, would ready boost increase my speed at all? What size memory stick would I need if it is dedicated to ready boost? Thanks.
June 3rd 07 12:50 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 209
Optical drives by Doug
My DVD writer & CD writer are both locked in write mode, they will write but will not read. CD's show as blank disks. Can anyone help? I am runnning Vista home premium.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 07 11:33 PM
by Rock Go to last post
17 287
Migrating to a new larger hard drive in Vista by Doug in Maryland
Hello all, I have installed a new 500GB Hard Drive on my PC and need to transfer Vista and all of my files and settings. The new HD is currently installed and formatted as the D drive, once I clone my C drive, I will swap them and use the old C drive for back-ups. Anyways, I need a program that will transfer the OS and all settings and make the D: drive bootable as the new C drive. Many...
August 25th 07 07:32 PM
by Rock Go to last post

From The