HP 7310 + full feature drivers: duplex problems persist by helpherb
Using HP 7310 with Vista 64 bit and the new "full feature" drivers (downloads a file named AIO_CDB_Full_Network_enu.exe). Duplex printing still "flips the pages up" like the page is bound at the top, rather than being able to turn the page over like reading a book--this happens no matter what setting I select. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? If it's a driver bug it seems like...
March 28th 07 05:36 AM
by helpherb Go to last post
2 151
Resource Publication by Rob
Getting a peculiar message in the event log after wireless networking temporarily suspends. The message is "The service temporarily stopped publishing because of a power event." - When this occurs, wireless networking stops and all open connections are cut. Vista re-establishes the connection soon enough, within a minute usualy, but this is annoying to say the least. The keywords are "Event...
March 28th 07 09:46 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 91
TV Tuner for Vista x64 Ultimate by andersg
Could anyone recommend a tv tuner that is compatible and works fine with vista x64? It should be able to decode analog and dvb-t signals. -- andersg
March 28th 07 11:12 AM
by andersg Go to last post
5 131
Hard rive always working by Fred
Hello, I just installed Windows Vista a couple of days earlier and my Hard Drive is always working or almost. Even if I leave the computer idle for a long time, it's always working with the little grinding noise. The cpu is not working though. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's becoming really annoying working with this background noise. Thank you
March 28th 07 11:52 AM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
2 104
I can't view live TV in media centre by pete
I recently upgraded to VIsta, the first week everything worked fine, but then I started to loose digital chanels, after losing two chanels(I blamed poor reception for the chanel loss) I then changed to analouge reception. This worked fine for a while but now Media Centre is saying my Tuner is not installed. I have reinstalled all the drivers, and updated them, what can I do now?
March 28th 07 12:32 PM
by pete Go to last post
0 91
looking for a bluetooth usb device or driver which works under vista... by Jeje
Hi, I have a desktop and a bluetooth USB key. but the bluesoleil drivers doesn't works under Vista and there is no new release from them. so, does anybody know which company has released a working driver and/or a USB key which works with Vista? and I'm using the x64 version of vista
March 28th 07 01:21 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 144
Permantely disable Vista 64 bit diver signature check by Steve
Run command prompt as administator and type the following bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and then enter, should report succesfull. Steve (x64man)
March 28th 07 01:23 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
3 151
WD SATA shown as a scsi hd? by Gus Kline
I have Vista Business installed on the following: Asus A8N5X Mb. 2gigs ram. X2-4800cpu, ATI x1800xt, WD SATA 250gig HD(16meg cache). I updated the MB drivers from the Nvidia site using the Nforce4 Vista drivers. On system devices I have the HD showing up as a SCSI hd. Why?
March 28th 07 03:33 PM
by cvp Go to last post
3 112
Vista reports 1gb when I have 2gb installed by Joe K
I installed 2GB into my computer but only 1GB shows in Vista (32-bit). The BIOS shows 2GB. What do I need to do. AMD64 3500+ A8N-SLI motherboard 2 6800XT in SLI 1 250GB SATA drive
March 28th 07 05:32 PM
by Joe K Go to last post
3 115
Mouse Settings, scroll, click! by Nik
Hello, I have a notebook, with the built in mouse. I recently updated to Windows Vista and with Window XP there was the settings for your mouse to set your mouse that when you tap on the pad it would act as a click. There was also a setting where if you used a certain side of the pad it would scroll, and you could change the amount of pressure you had to use on the pad to get it to...
March 28th 07 06:31 PM
by Max Go to last post
1 132
Vista + eSata no plug and play. Drive does not show up by GermanJulian
Hi, I have 2 eSata drives (only 1 is always plugged in and normally off). When I switch it on the drive should come up in My Computer as another HD like in XP but in Vista nothing happens. Also I cannot see it in "Disk Management". When I restart the computer with the eSATA drive on it shows up in Vista and works correctly. When I switch it off and replace it with the other eSata drive (I...
March 28th 07 07:47 PM
by Jason Knutson Go to last post
2 127
Audio Problem With Vista Ultimate by Vinez Initez
Hi sinds earlier this day we have windows Vista ultimate installed. When the installation finished i started installing needed drivers so the also the one for my sounds card ( an 5.1 Surround Sound card ) after the installation finished i configured the card with windows and set it to 5.1 surround sound and tested it. all workt fine in the test but in windows media player or windows media...
March 28th 07 08:19 PM
by dev Go to last post
1 104
power cycling hard drives while rebooting by discohr
heya. i'm using vista ultimate x64 on abit at8 32x and have 2x sata raid0 (2 disks in each) on onboard uli sata ii/raid controller (m1575/m1697). the other onboard sata controller (silicon image) is disabled in bios as i never used it. setup worked perfectly on xp sp2 but hard drives are acting strange when vista is restarting... 1. shutdown - restart 2. vista shows "...is shutting down"...
March 28th 07 08:44 PM
by discohr Go to last post
1 90
firewire tv tuner by tonj
I'm a big fan of firewire and I'm looking to buy a HD capable firewire TV tuner for my PC, preferably something that might be compatible with Vista, or if not Vista, at least WinXP Media Center Edtion. I've seen a few firewire boxes using google but I was hoping to hear from someone who actually uses one. Has anyone out there used a firewire TV tuner and care to give me feedback on if it was any...
March 28th 07 09:27 PM
by tonj Go to last post
0 103
Vista & 4gigs of Ram CRASH by Ziggy
i have 4 gigs of pc 3200 installed works fine on my XP hard drive but crashes BSD when i boot my Vista drive works fine with 3 gigs ive switched them around every which way again 3 works just fine add the 4th eeeeeeeeeeeeeh CRASH any sugestions Ive ran the patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 and it still not cooperating Ive tested each stick of ram one by one all seem to work just...
March 29th 07 01:14 AM
by GBK Go to last post
3 96
Vista takes 10 mins to boot up! by tpmdevon
Hi, wondering if anyone can help. Vista Ultimate takes around 10 mins to boot up everytime I start the computer. When booting into Safe Mode, it hangs on crcdisk.sys and still takes ages to finally start Windows. The computer has a DVD drive and CD-RW, however the CD-RW drive does not appear in My Computer or Device Manager. In the BIOS screen the drive can be opened, but in Windows the...
March 29th 07 01:28 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
7 138
Allow the rest of my hard drive to be used by Matt0703
I have a 250 Gigabyte hard drive that has been running on my XP and now Vista (from an upgrade) with 131 GB partioned. In my Disk Management, it says I have 104.89 GB unallocated space. I would like to just simply add that to my C drive partion, instead of making a new partion for it. Thanks.
March 29th 07 02:21 AM
by Scott Thomas Go to last post
4 165
ATI X800 Performance Rating 1.0 by Steve
I see that other's are getting higher scores with their x800 cards?? The MS upgrade advisor says I can run Ultimate, but the performance score is only a 1.0 because of the graphics card, meaning that I can not unleash Vista.... I have downloaded the latest ATI drivers and have tried various recommendations from other posts here, without any success. ATI X800XT AGP (All In Wonder) (Tuner...
March 29th 07 04:32 AM
by Chemical X Go to last post
1 108
No Digital Signature by Koka
Is there a way around this? I just downloaded a Vista driver from Motorola for my modem. It installed fine but alas Vista wont let it run without a digital signature. XP allowed the user the option. Is there a way to train Vista to prompt me instead of making the decision for me? Koka
March 29th 07 08:09 AM
by Koka Go to last post
1 90
Unable to access USB flash drive in Disk Management MMC snap-on by AOTech
A 1 Gb flash drive was present when my system was upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. This drive works fine. Any other flash drives I insert appear under Disk Management (no file system or drive letter). Any attempt at any operation *i.e. format or change drive letter or path) results in an MMC snap-in error.
March 29th 07 09:42 AM
by AOTech Go to last post

From The