Restore Devices to Found New Hardware by Jonathan Cochran
When I connected a device (my Handspring Visor handheld) to my new Vista PC for the first time, the "Found New Hardware" window came up asking to install drivers for it. I accidentally clicked the "Don't show this message again for this device". How do I get Vista to try to install drivers for this device again? Thanks, Jonathan
March 29th 07 09:50 AM
by Mick Go to last post
1 88
How does copy work? by farbuncle
Vista Home Premium. How do I copy a file from one device to another? Click and drag actually moves the file. I tried copy and paste and that worked from C: to A" drive. Is that how its done or is there a copy command? Thanks
March 29th 07 10:20 AM
by Mick Go to last post
5 100
How to save drivers that was downloaded on Window Update? by GT
How to save drivers that was downloaded on Windows Update so the next time i reinstall Vista i don't have to download drivers again.
March 29th 07 10:22 AM
by Mick Go to last post
1 110
mouse not scrolling on a webpage by hector9310
I have not been able to get my mouse to work correctly on windows Vista. I am abble to scroll on word excell and other programs of that sort but i am not able to scroll on a enternet webpage that i open. I am not sure if there is setting that i have not activated but this is reall pain. Does any one have any fixes to this problem?
March 29th 07 11:06 AM
by dingo Go to last post
3 126
Logitech Harmony Remote(s) by xq
Does anyone use a Logitech Harmony remote with Windows Vista? Logitech does not say when the drivers will be out for it -- but in the meantime, I am interested in finding out work-arounds etc. in getting my remote to work again. How do you do it if you do use the remote with Vista? :)
March 29th 07 11:23 AM
by RickB Go to last post
5 111
I get the message - No ATI graphics driver installed - Please help by Roy Mayo
Hi, When I had Vista with a single core AMD CPU, there was no problem with the ATI drivers and my X800 graphics card. After I upgraded to X2 dual core CPU, I get the message that no graphics driver is installed. Everything else works fine. I did install the Radeon drivers according to the instructions from ATI. Please advise how I can solve this difficulty. Many thanks Roy Mayo. --
March 29th 07 11:40 AM
by Roy Mayo Go to last post
7 117
Can't install LaserJet 2500 by Birk Binnard
My brand new Vista system refuses to install the software for my LaserJet 2500 printer. I know it's supposed to use the generic PCL6 driver for this printer and that seems to get installed ok, but there is no communication with the printer. I can't even add it as a network printer when the printer is connected to an XP system. HP and Vista say the corect software is supposed to be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 04:18 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
17 249
Installing Vista 64-Bit? by Tom Lake
I'm trying to do a clean install of 64-bit Vista. The problem is my Dell Precision WorkStation 670 only has SCSI drives which need a device driver. I went to the Dell site and tried every device driver they had for the SCSI but Vista refuses to see the drives. Is there some trick to getting Vista-64 to load? TIA Tom Lake
March 29th 07 04:30 PM
by CJM Go to last post
1 113
Remove Fingerprint reader icon from Vista IE7 by Eran
Hi All, Using Microsoft Fingerprint reader on Vista with latest driver from Microsoft website. How do I disable the Fingerprint icon that shows in the bottom right corner of Internet Explorer? BUG: If you create a fingerprint username/password for an internet site (eg Ebay), the fingerprint icon appears on every other page in that site even
March 29th 07 05:03 PM
by Eran Go to last post
0 115
Tearing my hair out over BIOS...of all things by Aaron @ Paradoxsys
Hi, I have Windows Vista Ultimate x64 edition installed on my home machine - I've just upgraded the processor from an AMD Atholon 64 3200+ to an AMD Atholon x2 64 4400+ for Vista. My motherboard isn't recognizing the new processor (showing up as AMD Hammer Family Processor - model unknown), which is due to an outdated BIOS version. I'm trying to flash the BIOS and having significant...
March 29th 07 05:36 PM
by Aaron @ Paradoxsys Go to last post
4 114
Battery not charging - Toshiba A75 Vista by sheeksta
I just installed vista business on a toshiba satellite A75 and the battery wont charge all the time. its picks and chooses its moments on when to charge. i know the battery, mobo, and power adapter are all in perfect condition. everything in XP pro worked great as well. when the system is off the battery charges, when the system is on only sometimes it will charge or it will just run off battery...
March 29th 07 07:10 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 120
Acer 620U drivers by Phil
Hi, I have an Acer 620U Prisa scanner that I would like to use on my Windows Vista laptop. Does anyone know if there are drivers for this scanner? I tried all over on the web and didn't find anything. The Acer website was no use at all!!!!! Thanks, -- Phil
March 29th 07 07:11 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 108
Mb per block: vista NTFS format? by gunzo99
Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista. I had a shrink problem with the default partition size. I downloaded PerfectDisk to defrag and used BootIt NG to do the job. I noticed then that when using the defrag tool, it told me that the partition (C:) had : 21.23 Mb per block I had a problem with a dual boot and other OS installation. I had to use the Toshiba rescue disk to get back to the...
March 29th 07 08:48 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
5 116
Random reboots & BSOD by si77
I have a custom built machine that used to run XP, with all the latest patches packs etc, and it was very stable and usable. I bought the Vista Ultimate 64bit and formatted my RAID array and completed a clean install, no problem. However, it became apparent that there was something seriously wrong as the PC new randomly reboots. It can be sat idle, and reboot! I took advise and switched off...
March 29th 07 09:26 PM
by si77 Go to last post
1 117
Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 by Ian
Using a Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 graphics card in a Sony Vaio laptop running Vista Home Premium. Having several video related problems. There appears to be no Vista dedicated driver available. Any ideas?
March 29th 07 10:40 PM
by Billy Nicol Go to last post
4 270
FusionHDTV5 RT Gold tuner? by TSMC
DIVCO FusionHDTV5 RT Gold has Vista Premium compatability and logo completion, but will thte digital QAM tuner work with Vista media center (ie Home Premium)? I can not find an answer in 3 days of searching newsgroups and Microsoft sites. MCE 2005, the tuner will work with an antenna for OTA signals only! Also you need to install another analog tuner before MCE will even detect the Fusion...
March 29th 07 10:54 PM
by grflded Go to last post
5 160
AGP video card coming up as PCI after upgrading to vista by K8 notsogrand
Hi I upgraded to vista home premium and now I am having porblems with my video card (ATI Radeon X1600pro 512 MB) Crashes to blue screen after loading a game. So I went to devices and found that it was coming up as a PCI I don't know if this is the problem or not so I tride installing an older ATI driver and found that the games worked fine BUT! my computer would not shutdown. It would go to...
March 29th 07 11:32 PM
by K8 notsogrand Go to last post
3 132
Virtual PC/Windows CE Emulator - driver blocked in Vista by David Witus
After I first installed Vista, I would get Program Compatibility Assistant to pop up twice and tell me that "This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues." The "Check for solutions online" led nowhere, so my only other option was "Cancel" or see if I could find where this driver was installed in Device Manager and uninstall it. I did manage to find a device with the ! in the yellow...
March 30th 07 12:05 AM
by David Witus Go to last post
0 129
WinSAT error by rpaquin
I have recently upgrade to Windows Vista. When I go to the Windows Experience Index I'm told that new hardware is detected and that I should refresh now. When I do I receive a message that Windows System Tool has Stopped Working. Then I recieve a message that says WinSAT failed in an unexpected way. Any suggestions?
March 30th 07 12:06 AM
by rpaquin Go to last post
0 117
Won't Burn Data Discs... by Wingman
I have a new Gateway GM5415E w/a DVD Burner (supposedly a multi-format DL drive). I can burn music (wmas) using Windows Media Player; however, when I try to burn documents or other data to the same brand of CD-R it simply ejects the CD and says: "There was an error burning this disc." I've tried Windows Burn Wizard (gave me the previous explanation) & Nero (also unsuccessful)
March 30th 07 12:52 AM
by Wingman Go to last post

From The