Safely remove removable drives by Mark Bourne
How can I safely remove a single removable drive from Vista? In Windows 2000, I clicked the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray and selected the drive I wanted to remove. In Vista, all removable drives are listed against the USB host controller: Safely remove Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller - Drives(A:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:,K:) How can I remove just one drive...
March 30th 07 01:58 AM
by John Parkes Go to last post
8 129
monitor turns black for a second after log in. since Ati Catalyst by GT
Ati 9550 256mb agp 8x after logging in the monitor turns black for 2 second everytime. I notice this After installing Ati Catalyst 7.3. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?
March 30th 07 01:57 PM
by JerryM \(ID\) Go to last post
1 111
Can't Access NAS by Neil
For some strange reason I've been unable to access My NAS drive since I swapped my XP laptop for a Vista Business one. If I try to access any files on the NAS then the Windows Explorer (or file selector dialog) just hangs with a 'Not responding' error message. I have fiddled with the NTLM settings in the group policy editor to use older versions of NTLM and this has allowed me to progress...
March 30th 07 02:45 PM
by Steve Pearce Go to last post
1 142
EPSON Stylus Photo RX425 missing Vista x86 driver by km
Has anybody seen such driver yet and would giude me? I am in bad need of such. Thanks! Cheers
March 30th 07 03:50 PM
by km Go to last post
4 177
Vista cannot find default hardware drivers. Plz read more.. by piodio
Hello, I have many expriences of installing and running Vista before, but ths case is the first situato I have ever met. Prblem is ; When I connect devices that are very-normal-and-commn like USB external drives Vista cannot find drivers files. But, if I tell Vista to find driver files in 'C:\Windows (include subdirectories)' Vista can find the driver
March 30th 07 05:02 PM
by Don Go to last post
1 147
Reinstalled windows, now no drivers by peppypyro
I bought an Acer laptop with Windows Vista Premium preloaded on it, but after a couple weeks it started having a lot of problems. So I did a complete reformat and reinstall, everything works now but the drivers for all my USB devices. Devices like Logitech USB headphone, mini optical mouse, and all my other USB devices no longer work. I also can’t find drivers for these devices because...
March 30th 07 05:14 PM
by Don Go to last post
5 145
Web cam by Ltel
Hp dv600 laptop with vista does not seem to detect the built -in webcam ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...
March 30th 07 06:50 PM
by PhilWardstill Go to last post
1 118
Recent updates break NVidia onboard NIC network connection by Anthony
After installing updates KB931174 KB905866 and KB931621 and restarting my PC, my network connection stopped working. Vista (Enterprise) reported that the problem was caused by a hardware fault. I uninstalled all 3 updates one at a time in the order listed previously and rebooted after each was uninstalled, but the network connection issue was only fixed after a 4th reboot. The NIC is on...
March 30th 07 10:04 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 113
Any Hope for Intel 82852/82855 Video Driver by Me
I have a laptop with Intel 82852/82855 embedded video. Any Vista driver options other than generic VGA?
March 30th 07 10:49 PM
by FLBuilder Go to last post
1 145
Problem with RAM by SankSoft
I have the following hardwa motherboard Abit AB9 Pro 4 x 1Gb DDR2 PC-6400, 800MHz KINGMAX RAM (two RAM modules are of model: KLDD48F-A8KB5, and two: KLDD48F-A8KI5) Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @2.40GHz CPU Motherboard correctly recognize all 4Gb of RAM (Info at the boot), but when I open basic information about my computer in Vista Ultimate (32 bit) it shows that I have 3070Mb of RAM.
March 30th 07 11:07 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
7 148
Spooler Sub System turned office by lakeroyale
I have two networks; home & work. Both networks have printers I can see each printer, but when I attempt to print, I get an error message. Please help.
March 30th 07 11:21 PM
by FLBuilder Go to last post
1 140
Media Centre - Start NOT Maximised by Andy Gibson
My Winodws Media Centre give me the "Blue Screen of Death - BSoD" when starting in full screen mode. How can I change the programme proterties so that it starts but not in a FULL SCREEN mode. I have triend looking through the REGEDIT but cannot find where I change this option? Can anybody help?
March 30th 07 11:58 PM
by FLBuilder Go to last post
3 123
Windows Vista Aero compatibility with Belkin Docking Station by Geo Wolfcanes
I am currently considering purchasing a new laptop and I'm going through the details to make sure it will be fully capable of handling all that Vista can throw at it. To maximize versatility I want to get a small laptop and use a docking station and larger monitor, etc. when at the desk. Getting to the point, when I looked at the FAQs for the new Belkin high speed docking station (F5U273)...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 07 12:32 AM
by FLBuilder Go to last post
14 206
Sound Cards by Mike Sisto
I want to buy a sound card for my new Vista computer, however seeing as I have been burned twice now by things that are not compatible I was wondering if anyone can recommend a sound card with NO issues with Vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 07 01:47 AM
by FLBuilder Go to last post
10 245
Unable to write files to iPod or external hard drive. by Kevin Commins
Ok, I've been trying to work through this problem now for over 2 weeks and I've gotten nowhere so I thought I'd make a post here and see if anyone else has some ideas I could try. Since upgrading to Vista I have been unable to sync my 8000+ songs in itunes to my ipod. It will start to transfer and get stuck usually after about 20-150 songs. iTunes locks up when this happens and the only way to...
March 31st 07 02:06 AM
by Kevin Commins Go to last post
0 113
Can't uninstall USB Driver by Robert M. Lincoln
I installed a USB driver for a Sony memory stick drive (MSAC-US1). Vista initially couldn't install it and suggested installing it under recommended settings. That seemed to work, but the is not recognized, and basically the hardware installation failed. However, the Sony USB driver is displayed in "Control Panel | Programs and Features". When I try to unistall it, and InstallShield wizard...
March 31st 07 03:08 AM
by dingo Go to last post
6 181
Intel 910/915 Express Chipset by FLBuilder
Does anyone know where I can find the Beta driver for the Vista Beta, that would run the Intel 910/915 Chipset? There was one but now its gone. Intel is saying that graphics card can not run the WDDM needed to run Aero desktop, which is a bunch of crap because it ran fine in the Beta version on the beta driver. This laptop is only 6 months old and Im damn sure not buying another after...
March 31st 07 03:12 AM
by dingo Go to last post
6 129
Wireless Issues by AlbertQ
Just a few notes before I launch into my problem: I am running Windows Vista Home Edition My laptop is a Compaq Presario V6000 I am using the WLAN Broadcom 802.11b/g card I seem to have issues with my wireless. I seem to be able to connect fine to other networks such as my college network and library, but have been unable to connect to my home wireless network. I have the SSID and Password...
March 31st 07 04:53 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
3 112
WPD filesystem error by netfreak
Hello everybody, I have an issue. I have samsung q30 laptop with SD card. Vista installed just fine and everything works, but I wanted to have my 2Gb SD car to have ReadyBoost, so I got it into my slot, it installed itself, and the computer sees the card and can read/write but I do not get message to make it readyboost. I guess it concerns an error that I get in Device manager It Says:
March 31st 07 07:20 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 130
Power button by Quayzar
I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 6400 with windows vista already installed. ever since the very first time i tried to turn it on the power button refuses to work correctly. when the computer is turned off completely and i attempt to turn it on by pressing the power button, the computer does nothing. no lights turn on, the screen does nothing. however, if i then press the Dell...
March 31st 07 09:35 AM
by John Go to last post

From The