Keyboard not connected to computer by Robert Johnson[_3_]
I bought a brand new Windows Vista Home Premium a couple of days ago, and it was working fine, until the day I turn it on and the keyboard isn't connected. The mouse also wasn't working a few times, but the keyboard refuses to respond at all. I tried everything I could think of that might work.
May 28th 08 12:01 AM
by Anonymous Go to last post
9 185
Help! My whole taskbar is gone. All I have is the "My Documents" Folder! by Idislikemyvista
Here is my desktop: Whole taskbar gone, All I have is the documents. I need the taskbar for many diffrent things. and no i did not erase it. I dont have it! Help! Im using Vista Home Premium!! '' (http://i30.tinypic.com/15r0ajp.png) -- Idislikemyvista
May 27th 08 11:46 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 165
Accessing windows based mobile device in windows vista by Valkyris
I have a HP Pocket PC hooked up to a Windows Vista machine. The device is recognized, the device password is accepted and the device shows up in windows explorer. However when trying to expand the entry to view the contents of my Pocket PC nothing is diplayed in widows explorer and no error is received. Anyone know what might be the issue here? I might point out that it has worked in the...
May 27th 08 09:34 PM
by Valkyris Go to last post
0 162
Audio Drivers, Vista SP1 32 bit by BWeber
Hi all, I'm having a problem with the audio drivers on my custom built machine. Until about 3 days ago, I was using the motherboard's onboard audio. Then I tried to install a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card. This failed and none of the drivers I tried worked. So I thought to revert to the onboard sound. Well, now that's broken too. The first audio driver I installed when I first...
May 27th 08 08:32 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
4 167
Lock Vista with Etoken by Christian
Hello, I would like to know, if there is a solution for this "problem": On this web page is a description, who you can use a usb disk to lock your pc: http://www.techsnack.net/lock-your-computer-using-usb-flash-drive I would like to do this with my eToken, but it seems that there is no way to copy a file to it. So I thought of creating an event log, if I remove the token, but I can´t find...
May 27th 08 07:59 PM
by Christian Go to last post
0 153
Windows XP Error Message by santemplar
Please help me. I Windows XP. There was a message on the screen:Due to disconnecting abruptly using power surge set up ' Start Windows Normally'; 'Start in Safe Mode';'Start Mode with Networking'; 'Start with Command Prompt. I searched for away to fix this and I did a System Recovery of all files on hard drive according to directions on HP Support. I recovered the originals files but I now...
May 27th 08 04:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 165
Cursor jumping around screen by Melinda
I have a Dell Latitude D520 with an upgrade of Vista. What driver do I install to keep my cursor from jumping all over the page? It's driving me crazy!!
May 27th 08 04:34 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 175
XP Vista Network Printer Share Problem by Andy
I just added a vista ultimate sp1 machine to my existing network. All other computers are xp pro sp2. One of my xp computers has a HP 4215 pfs attached via usb with a share. Initially, I was able to print to this printer from my vista machine, but over the weekend, the printer disappeared from my printers folder. When I go to the add a printer wizard, the wizard finds the shared HP printer....
May 27th 08 04:27 PM
by Andy Go to last post
0 134
Vista Microphone Problem by Mnemonic
I'm incredibly frustrated... I have Vista x64 and a SigmaTel audio codec. I have normal sound from speakers, so that's not an issue - but I cannot for the life of me get my microphones to work. It's been months and no solution :( Mics work on other computers (non-Vista) so that's not the problem. I have the proper mic selected (green check mark) for input. I have all mics (disabled or...
May 27th 08 04:07 PM
by KifKroker Go to last post
6 180
Uli Onboard Lan by Nandha
Hi, I am using ASUS mother board with integrated Onboard lan. Whenever i tried to connect internet it's not connnecting and returns back with error. I even tried many ways by downloading Uli drivers for Vista, and i even formatted my disc and made a new installation but still there is error in connnecting internet. Can any one suggest me a solution for this bug?
May 27th 08 01:31 PM
by DL Go to last post
7 185
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL by Amity Waisel
I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and each time I restart my computer or insert a disk to my PC, I get an error "blue screen of death", with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista Home Premium). This problem (or a similar one) occured on this computer with WinXP, so I installed Windows Vista to fix it, but now the problem...
May 27th 08 01:10 PM
by ztipkorb Go to last post
2 143
how do i make an optical mouse "hid compliant"? by warcrack69
I read in an older thread that i would need to install SP1 and make my (optical usb) mouse HID compliant in order to have it work on my computer. So i installed SP1 but i still don't know how to make a usb device hid compliant! a little help please? -- warcrack69 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ warcrack69's Profile:...
May 27th 08 10:17 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 147
dual screen setup by mtjoernelund
To my computer are attaced two sreens. A lcd-tv and a small touchscreen on the case. I am trying to setup the screens in extended mode so that the lcd-tv acts as primary screen and the touchscreen acts as secondary screen, and namly so that the configuration stays like that! I can setup the screens in extended mode and all works well until i turn off the primary monitor. Then the computer...
May 27th 08 09:30 AM
by mtjoernelund Go to last post
0 131
DVD-RW thinks every disc needs to be formatted by qbit
Hi, Just bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium and every time I put in a CD or DVD, it thinks the discs are empty and wants to format them. I can't open or explore the discs, i get the pop up to format the disc. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and know if there is a fix? Thanks, qbit
May 27th 08 05:53 AM
by qbit Go to last post
1 139
hardware by SPMC computer studies[_2_]
what is the main role of a cpu?
May 27th 08 05:40 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 178
Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!! by rodger212
Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during installation and the installation...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 27th 08 05:28 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
12 357
USB autodisconnect by Verdugo
Hi to everyone. I think i have a little problem, but may be it's very simple, anyway. The thing is that i bought a Datatraveler 2.0 1gb USB flash pendrive, i first had the problems related to not recognizing the driver so i needed to reinstall SPK1 because the update KB9xxxxx didn't work for me. Now the thing that i saw is when i plug it into the usb port, it disconnects after a while in...
May 27th 08 04:31 AM
by Verdugo Go to last post
0 137
Help Please.. USB Flash Disk driver for vista?? by Ricky
Hi, I am using Windows Vista Business and i'm facing a trouble with my usb flash disk. when i plug "Kingston DataTraveler 2.0" in my computer, a Found New Hardware dialog box appeared and it says that "Windows needs to install a device driver for your DataTraveler 2.0" so I checked for a solution through "Problem Reports and Solution"--- says that i have to download the KB940199 update for...
May 27th 08 04:18 AM
by Verdugo Go to last post
2 142
Changing Vista to XP by Hello, it''s me!
Hello, I am trying to change my Vista operating system to XP, no offence to the microsoft people, but i think Vista has been their worst creation yet. Anyway, i have my XP disk and when i insert it, its loading the setup and then it says "cannot find any hard disk drives, setup cannot continue, press F3 to exit setup". How do i fix this? How can i make my hard drive noticeable for the setup?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 08 11:38 PM
by Rotty Go to last post
11 293