Hard Drive not found by Sameh
while installing windows vusta home premium, it recognized my 2 hard drives. But after the installion, I could not find my second hard drive. So how I could find it back. Thanks, Sameh
March 31st 07 10:36 AM
by Sameh Go to last post
2 114
vista Business won't recognize Mitsumi drive by Brian
I recently purchased a new computer w/ Vista Small Business. It has a Mitsumi 3.5" floppy drive (IDE) and Vista wont recognize it at startup. I can force to see it if I plug in a Teac USB 3.5" drive and restart Vista. In system it shows the controller and Microsoft driver: 6.0.6000.16386 dated 6/21/06 for this Mitsumi floppy drive. If I unplug my USB floppy and reboot it looses the Mitsumi...
March 31st 07 12:02 PM
by Mick Go to last post
4 131
Windows Update for ATI driver by Rockysmom
Silicon Image - Other Hardware - ATI 4379 Serial ATA Controller Installation date: ‎3/‎31/‎2007 1:47 AM Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 80070103 Windows Update found this driver but will not install but I am confused as my display works fine.
March 31st 07 12:34 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 153
cd rom drive disappears & reappears by Amanda
I've seen other posts about missing CD rom drives, but I think my problem may be different? I have Windows Vista basic, on an eMachines PC. I have a DVD rom drive AND a CD rom drove, both recording drives. Often when I go to access the CDrom drive, it is missing in My Computer. It is ALSO missing completely in Device manager. It doesn't seem to matter if there is a CD in the drive at the time...
March 31st 07 12:42 PM
by Amanda Go to last post
6 139
i need alot of help by cliff
i think my windows might have crashed or something it was about a year ago i had a virus and it killed my firewall windows media player i cant log onto windows messnger or ne windows things i tried to do a system restore to find out that was gone i dont have it ne more. if u no what is going on or can help me plz let me no u can email me at
March 31st 07 01:37 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 128
Space used grows larger when deleting by buick_man
Hello People, I have a New Toshiba Notebook A135 with Vista Premium (English, USA), installed. It came with a 120GB HDD. I 'removed' all the junk game programs from Wild Tanget and when I did a 'properties' on the "C" drive - it actually showed MORE space used than before I removed the pgms! Anybody have idea what gives??? TNX a lot!
March 31st 07 02:55 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 149
Help - Upgraded Vista Business to Ultimate, And Sound Disappeared by PMAL
Hi I just bought a new laptop with the Vista Business Edition and stupidly followed MS's marketing and uprgaded to Ultimate, but now the sound doest work (audio out or mike in). The device manager shows that the SigmaTel audio driver is working properly and the taskbar shows the loudspeaker icon as normal. Please help, PMAL
March 31st 07 06:58 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 130
yes, dlink bluetooth works fine... but my plantronics not... by Jeje
Hi, now my new dlink usb dongle works fine my plantronics headset has been detected. but there is nothing new in the sound section. there is no audio device and the drivers has been correctly installed for my headset. any idea^
March 31st 07 08:16 PM
by Jeje Go to last post
0 122
True Minimum RAM Requirement by everITskeptical
Please tell me; what is the true minimum RAM requirement for Vista Ultimate and installed programs to really run properly without the need for Readyboost or crutches? I see Notebooks being advertised with Vista and a mere 512MB of RAM and XP runs like a dog with one leg on that amount of RAM! Bernie
March 31st 07 11:03 PM
by Ventolin Go to last post
4 139
DVD drive not working by bowling255
My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says CODE 10 this device cannot start.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 07 12:11 AM
by Devin Somerton Go to last post
10 261
A Positive Suggestion by cvp
There are so many posts in this group along the lines of "Why is my device not supported?" I'd like to suggest how we can all deal with the problem. Let's get a few things straight first: 1) It isn't Microsoft's job to write device drivers for all the hardware out there 2) It IS Microsoft's job to enable the device owners to play their part (they have done this) 3) The device manufacturers...
April 1st 07 12:43 AM
by DanR Go to last post
2 124
April 1st 07 03:50 AM
by Dan Go to last post
0 104
graphics card problems by bill
Hi, I currently have a sony vaio laptop with a Nvidia Geforce Go 6200 graphics card. When I upgraded to Vista I began having problems playing games, many told me that I only have 32 mb of dedicated memory to my graphics card. However, initially in XP the video card had 128 mb of dedicated memory. Is this simply a driver issue? If so what driver might I be able to installed that would fix...
April 1st 07 05:04 AM
by dingo Go to last post
5 130
Mouse Beeping by Nikki
When i click on any screen name on yahoo messenger my mouse gives me this horribly loud beep how can i stop this ??
April 1st 07 05:06 AM
by dingo Go to last post
3 113
Hardware, eh? Whats your setup? by Ventolin
I figured this is the Hardware section, so lets hear about your setup! What are you running Vista x64 on? Also, how would you rate your system performance with Vista, and if you could change anything, what would it be? How much did you end up spending? I suppose I'll start: CPU: Intel Core2Duo "Allendale" E4300 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 RAM: 2x1GB Geil DDR800
April 1st 07 05:14 AM
by Ventolin Go to last post
2 104
NIC for Vista by wlwallick
What NICs will work with Vista? My Netgear FA311 won't. I tried the Beta drivers. I get: No networks available. I can't ping the router. WLW
April 1st 07 07:18 AM
by Zanderius Go to last post
3 112
software to usb port by tisoyrider
I have a digicam HP photo smart 435 but everytimeI put the sd card it reads that it is unsupported card and im trying to have that software so i can use tha camera please advise regarding this matter but everytime I use normal of built in memory is working properly.
April 1st 07 10:28 AM
by tisoyrider Go to last post
0 101
nvidia geforce go 7700 vista32 ????? by DNA
THE notepad computer i'am using is asus a8js, display card is go7700,driving equipment is asus'.but Display Scaling is always BOTHERing me,THE display Scaling cannot widen in warcraft,then I used the 101.41 driver ,it have Display Scaling but cannot set Display Scaling, how to deal with this matter.
April 1st 07 02:31 PM
by DNA Go to last post
0 97
good non Creative Labs web cam? by TS Mathews
I have a Creative Labs Web Cam Live which doesn't work with Vista. As I bought it AFTER Vista had been released, I didn't bother to check to see if it would work with Vista but, now that I've installed Vista, I find it doesn't and Creative Labs has no plans on issuing a driver for it. So, I still want a web cam but want to give someone else my business BUT as I've always had Creative Labs...
April 1st 07 04:54 PM
by Daniel F Valot Go to last post
7 120
Broadcom Bluetooth Problem with Vista by Clay Fox
I just did a new install of Windows Ultimate on an Acer Travelmate C111 with built in Bluetooth. The Bluetooth worked fine before with XP Tablet but the hardware does not even show up under Vista. Everything else is great, I do have the AC97 soft modem, which shows up under other devices as a PCI modem, but that is the only unknown HW it finds. So my question is what now? I have the...
April 1st 07 06:37 PM
by Acer Tec Go to last post

From The