windows media player by Frankos
I have a Gateway GT5408 w/windows vista home premium system. The media player was running fine till yesterday. Now, I can't burn any of my files to disks. The error message reads...'CONNECT A BURNER AND RESTART PLAYER'. This player comes installed with vista. Can anyone out there help me with this ???????????????? How do I connect a burner thats already displays...
April 1st 07 08:26 PM
by Rodney Farmer Go to last post
1 96
Vista does not recognize any removable USB drive by [email protected]
Hi, I have a new computer with Vista Home. When I plug in the removable drive, Vista asks for driver and disk (no disk came with them as they were not required in XP). The manufactirer does not offer any new drivers. These are pretty simple devices. I have: 1 512 Mb Memorex original travel drive 1 1Gb Kensington Data Traveler 1 Fuji FinePix A101 digital camera I have no problems with those with...
April 1st 07 08:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 181
Problem with Video Card by stoopidslightly
Today I decided to upgrade to Vista and am a little surprised to find out that now it won't recognize my 128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200 video card. The computer says that I am using a standard VGA card, but I am not, and this seriously makes my screen look horrible. I'm really a little bit upset by this, all of the upgrade utilities said I was fine for upgrading to Vista Home Premium. ...
April 1st 07 08:32 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 103
problems with USB-barcode reader driver / USB-memory-stick drivers by Marko P
Howdy folks, Since I upgraded the OS of my laptop to Windows Vista I have run into some problems. My computer is Dell Latitude D800, with latest BIOS version. These following devices are not supported... or has someone better knowledge. If they require some 3rd party driver software, please let me know.
April 1st 07 09:02 PM
by Marko P Go to last post
5 111
Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center? by avdog
I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same problem but cannot find a answer anyware?
April 1st 07 10:01 PM
by Lomax Go to last post
7 207
HELP ME by JUICEEFRUIT69
I CAN ONLY USE MY WEBCAM WHEN SHARING IT WITH AN IM AND MY MICROPHONE DOSENT WORK AT ALL EVERYTHING IS HOOKED UP PROPERLY AND I CANT EVEN FIND ANYTHING ON MY PC THAT SAYS IT IS CONNECTED
April 1st 07 10:29 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 127
aero gone!!! by Daniel Stevenson
when I first installed Vista Home Premium I was running a 128Mb Geforce 6600GT PCIx video card. Aero was happening and everything was fine and dandy. However after upgrading to a 640Mb Geforce 8800GTS the Aero interface has disappeared completely. I have installed the 100.25 nvidia drivers. Is there any way of getting the interface back without reinstalling?
April 1st 07 10:58 PM
by daniel stevenson Go to last post
5 131
Annoying product key problems by Dan Smith
Hello, I recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit system and installed in on my 120 GB hard drive. After the installation was complete I did that "rate my system" program and my hard drive was a 4 whereas everything else was 5.5. This made me decide to buy a new hard drive. I purchased a 500 GB hard drive that was rather costly (but worth it :)) which used a SATA connection rather than...
April 1st 07 11:06 PM
by Microsoft MVP Go to last post
4 191
Palm - Active Sync by JMSFMTEX
Will VISTA sync with my Palm?
April 2nd 07 12:40 AM
by Tom W Go to last post
1 137
Vista worth it? by dev
/Scott Thomas/ said: Given the massive upgrades that I've been reading about, is it really worth it to upgrade to Vista? Some of the upgrades people are talking about here cost +/- $1000 just to be able to run an untested Operating System. Is it really worth it? That is a subjective decision. For many, it is not worth it at this time. If a PC that is more than
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 07 01:36 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
14 274
DVD media not recognized... by Self
I have a custom build running Windows Vista Business (x86) edition. When inserting a DVD, be it commercial, burned, or blank, it is not recognized properly. For instance: * A blank DVD+R is not recognized at all and I am instructed to enter media before I can burn. * Microsoft Money DVD is initially recognized (proper icon is dsplayed in Computer and properties are displayed), but when...
April 2nd 07 02:57 AM
by Don Go to last post
3 130
windows mobile device center - device only connects on one USB por by Rob Ellis
My Orange SPV C600 smartphone only shows as 'connected' when plugged into 1 particular USB port on my laptop. When plugging it into any other USB port, Vista plays the hardware connect sound, etc, but WMDC never sees the phone. Is this expected behaviour, that I have to always connect using the same port? Rob
April 2nd 07 03:16 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
1 129
Keyboard does not work! Please help! by Noodlepowa
Right now, I'm using the On-Screen Keyboard so I'll make things short. 1. Top keys (Sleep, internet, mail, etc.) work fine. 2. The rest don't work. 3. It's not a connection problem, I've checked. 4. Reboot fails to fix the problem. 5. Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium. 6. Mouse works fine. 7. Keyboard's Num Lock LED is on. 8. LED status doesn't change via keyboard nor On-Screen Keyboard
April 2nd 07 04:24 AM
by Noodlepowa Go to last post
5 127
Cordless mouse Vista Home Premium by Moody Marco
Periodically my Logitech optical cordless mouse seems to stop working. The red light is on underneath as usual, the batteries are fine, but the pointer just freezes and I have to reboot to get it to work again. My (corded) keyboard is always ok. If it matters, the little transmitter box for the mouse is USB. I never had this problem in XP Home, using the same mouse.
April 2nd 07 04:29 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
5 137
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 by jim
I installed the tv card and went to the Hauppauge site to download the Vista compatible drivers and software and the program is "not responding". The instructions on their site advise to select "no" when Vista trys to install the hardware so I can manually select the drivers but Vista; unlike XP, doesn't give you that option. It just goes ahead and installs the card. I am running Vista...
April 2nd 07 12:48 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 165
NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS. by Conor
Version 101.41 just released. Important fixes a lot of people were getting: # Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control # Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled # Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 2nd 07 01:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
62 1,263
Leadtek TV card and Media Center by kasmatt
Hi guys, I just installed vista ultimate but i cant figure out why windows media center does not detect my TV card (Leadtek Winfast PVR 2000). I installed all the new vista drivers for my TV card from the vendor site. The program that ships with the new vista drivers works well with the TV card but when i switch to the media center it says "No TV Tuner Detected". Can any one show me how to...
April 2nd 07 03:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 149
nvdia geforce go 7700 by DNA
Any one who help me about my video card driver (nvidia GeFORCE go 7700) pls!!! tell me what I do for my video card my OS Vista Ultimate 32 bit THE notepad computer i'am using is asus a8js, caliper is go7700,driving equipment is asus'.but THE zoom of THE game display is always BOTHERing me, THE display cannot widen in warcraft
April 2nd 07 04:37 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 109
Need help with RW disks by Just FYI
I would remove all third-party CD and DVD burning software. Then just drag-and-drop files using standard Windows techniques. You don't need third-party software to do that in Vista. You just have to format the disk as UDF. "Dick Snow" wrote in message ... I purchased a new Gateway FX530XM with Vista....
April 2nd 07 04:41 PM
by Peter Go to last post
2 105
wireless adapter by Tim Bostonia
I installed a d-link DWA-552 Wireless Adapter in my desktop (formerly hardwired to the internet through a router) system so I could move it to another location with out hardwiring... Vista (Enterprise Edition) detected, downloaded, and installed the device perfectly... it works and I have good connectivity... HOWEVER... The whole systems locks up about every 30 minutes now... I made sure...
April 2nd 07 04:55 PM
by Tim Bostonia Go to last post

From The