Upgrade the help file for Virtaul PC 2007 by cat3rn
Finding the Add Hardware Wizard might be difficult for some people. 1. Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter Control Panel - On the left Click on Classic View - Click on the first Icon "Add Hardware" - Click Next on the “Welcome to Add Hardware Wizard” On the page that comes up click the “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” button then click Next -...
May 24th 08 11:34 PM
by cat3rn Go to last post
0 146
Vista and Shared Video Memory on Dedicated video card by amdchiptrooper
All, I have a machine running a didicated Nvida Geforce 7600 GT 256 Megs of ram. My Machine is running 2 gigs of ram. In Vista in the about section it shows I have Total availabe graphics memory 751MB; Dedicated graphics Memory 256 MB; 495MB Shared system memory. How on earth can I disable the shared system memory? thanks, Amdchiptrooper
May 24th 08 10:22 PM
by djdouble Go to last post
1 124
APPLE iSight built-in camera and mike by elfribo
Although the camera is listed as working properly in Device manager, I cannot find any application to take pics outside of IM: Macbook Pro Boot Camp Windows Vista Ultimate ( Native ) Or Parallels ( within OSX Leopard)
May 24th 08 08:31 PM
by sdtbftone1 Go to last post
2 189
Vista Ultimate 64 bit and DVD drivers by wakesurf
I am on my 2nd DVD burner that Vista says it can't recognize because it doesn't have the drivers and this one was billed as being Vista compliant. It is a Sony DRU-190A. Windows sees the device but says it isn't functioning properly because the drivers aren't loaded properly. When I try to update the drivers it tells me the most updated drivers are installed. I've tried to find updated...
May 24th 08 08:07 PM
by wakesurf Go to last post
3 185
Freeze when i turn on........ by Mitchlw
Dear Reader, I had some problems when i just installed Vista Ultimate. My computer just kept freezing all the time and i had to reset the damn thing. Now i just found the problem; When i turn off; Write Cache On My Harddisk (at the harddisk options in the Hardware Console).
May 24th 08 08:06 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
1 147
Second monitor is blank by Mak8907
i have been using a single monitor for a while now and just for the heck of it i wanted to put a second monitor on. when i plugged it in the computer found it cuz i looked in the devices and there was a second monitor there but i can't figure out how to use it. Right now it is just black. the only other thing is it is one of my older computer's monitor, but i dont think that should be a...
May 24th 08 06:12 PM
by Mak8907 Go to last post
1 136
DVD/CD-ROM Not Responding by SpyCatcher
I have the same problem in Vista X32 the DVD-Rom disappears and or will not respond when a disc is in the drive; formatting and reinstalling the OS does not solve the problem. Unfortunately the fix that Rick Rogers listed DOES NOT WORK or FIX the PROBLEM. What I believe to be the problem is a conflict in the "storage controller drivers"; in the device manager I have 2 listed "ITE IT8212...
May 24th 08 05:28 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post
3 181
PCI Express Parallel Card Installation Problem by Venturer
Hi, I purchased PCI Express Parallel Card from StarTech.com after having made sure that it can work with Vista. During the installation I got the following error message: "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: MosChip PCI Multi-IO Controller. The system cannot find the file specified. I then downloaded the driver directly from...
May 24th 08 03:31 PM
by joffy Go to last post
1 134
Computer thinks hardware is connected by David
I have no hardware connected to my laptop (no printers, flash drives, iPods, etc.), but the computer keeps making the "safely remove hardware" beep every few minutes. The icon to do this quickly appears on the bottom taskbar for a second. I was able to catch it and open it, but it shows no hardware. How can I stop the comoputer from thinking something is attached?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 08 12:06 AM
by Beth Sexton[_2_] Go to last post
13 250
Gateway GM5626 and IDT High Definition Audio Drivers -- Issue by leo17434
I recently purchased a Gateway Desktop. When the machine goes into sleep mode, the sound goes away after it starts up again. (No Audio Device Installed.) WHen I reboot, it is fine. A similar occurence happens when I cold boot the machine many hours after a complete shutdown. I have updated the drivers to the latest available from Intel. But, nothing solves the problem.
May 23rd 08 10:16 PM
by leo17434 Go to last post
0 135
Ready Boost & Memory Stick ? by Wonderman
Has anyone had any luck using a Memory Stick ( 2GB and up ) in Vista ReadyBoost ?
May 23rd 08 08:54 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
6 168
Vista x64 cannot connect to Windows 2003 x86 printer share by Jason Chambers
Hi All, I'm trying to access 64bit printer share that have been installed on a Windows 2003 x86 server to my Vista Ultimate x64, but I continually get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed. (error 0x0000007e)". I have added the x64 drivers by doing the following: From my Vista x64 machine, surf to the \\server\printers. Right clicked and went to server...
May 23rd 08 08:29 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 407
Why is vista recognizing my hdtv as a generic pnp monitor by Glover179
I am using an Olevia 232V and a newly purchased computer which is running vista a m9077c and the graphics card is a nvidia 8500GT. I initially(after I found out that just the tv wouldn't work at all on its own) connected a monitor (vga via dvi converter) and the hdtv (via HDMI) at the same time to find a resolution that the tv would display. The resolutions that are reccomended for the tv...
May 23rd 08 05:46 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 198
SD (Secure Digital) Causes Blue Screen in Vista x64 by coljohnhannibalsmith
To whom it may concern: I have an Acer 5102 WLMi Notebook, which came with an (ENE CB 712/714/810) “5-in-1” Memory Card Reader. The important identifying information is provided below: Acer Aspire 5102WLMi (w/o Bluetooth, Orbicam, or TV Tuner) Model No: BL51 AS5102WLMI-MCEEN-TL50/15.4 ACB/512M/100G US
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 23rd 08 05:39 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
49 1,149
downloading zune software from the internet by susidee
security settings keep blocking zune.net from downloading zune software... I have tried lowering the security from the tools on the tool bar, added zune.net to trusted site, even dropped the firewall and defender while trying todownload, nothing works.. help.
May 23rd 08 02:42 PM
by susidee Go to last post
2 196
Play MS Movie on HDTV from laptop by JY[_2_]
I want to connect my laptop to my HDTV to play a MS Movie Maker movie. Do I use the s-video connection and an audio cable or is it even possible to do this?
May 23rd 08 02:34 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
1 193
External Drive quite working by Rainy
A couple days ago, my computer refused to load Windows. I tried the "repair mode" at start up and even tried the boot disk. I ended up driving 40 miles to take it to a shop and when they hooked it up Windows was fine. I thought all I lost was some time and gas but as it happens, my system no longer recognizes my external drive. I've unplugged it, changed ports, done everything and it's...
May 23rd 08 01:20 PM
by Rainy Go to last post
2 187
CD-Rom Drive Missing from My Computer by Don1
The CD Rom drive passed out of existence from My Computer, with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit operating system installed in a emachines desktop PC. The error code is: This device cannot start. (Code 10). The driver version is: 6.0.6001.18000 I do not know what caused this problem. Does anyone know how to restore the CD Rom drive? --
May 23rd 08 12:48 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post
4 803
External Hard drive for Vista 64 by Sirboy
I'm a newbie to Vista and was hoping to find some help. I have Vista Ultimate 64 installed on my new pc (AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ processor, Asus M2N-E mobo, 4 X 1gb Kingston pc2-6400 ram, WD 500gb SATAII hard drive, Asus GeForce 8500GT Silent 512mb video card, Antec Sonata III 500W case, LG 20X DVD+- drive). I wanted to buy an external hard drive to transfer my family pics and vids from my XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 23rd 08 11:58 AM
by accessteam Go to last post
12 282
SuperFetch, Log and $MFT keep me from safely removing portable HDD by samoila_mircea
Well, i have a WD passport... a 120 gb usb portable 2.5' hard drive... and it's driving me nuts... EVEN xp was better at safely removing removable media... The only way to remove it is to actually remove the drive letter from administrative tools. and then remove... it seems that vista processes are just not letting go ... NO : i do not have a virus, no other software is accessing
May 23rd 08 07:47 AM
by Davor Radic[_2_] Go to last post

From The