External Hard Drive Problem by Andy G
Hey, I looked on here but couldn't find a definite answer about my specific problem. I just hooked my usb external hard drive up to my new laptop, but whenever i try to access it, i get a message saying i must format the disk before i can use it. Surely there must be a way around this? I don't really have a way to format it since all of my documents are on there. Any help would be...
April 3rd 07 05:05 PM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
4 152
Computer Doesn't Recognize G: Drive (Mass Storage Device) by Chip
When I connect my eFilm device to my computer (MS Vista), in order to transfer pictures from my digital camera to my computer, my computer does not recognize or acknowledge the eFilm device (USB). How do I get my computer to recognize a mass storage device (G drive)? Thank you for any help.
April 3rd 07 08:17 PM
by Conor Go to last post
1 134
"Speech Recognition" and USB Headset and microphone? by Robin
I bought a Logitech USB Headset 350. Paid a good penny for them. I'm using it for the Speech Recognition for Windows Vista Home Premium. Speech Recognition has recongnized the headset with microphone. I would like to know, why and how come when I want to play a music cd and bring up the media player...I get the sound coming through the speakers that are on my monitor instead of through...
April 3rd 07 10:10 PM
by Robin Go to last post
0 123
Headphones doesn't shut speakers - How to find reference drivers ? by theBrave
Hello, Since I'm on Vista (Business 32bit), plugging headphones doesn't mute speakers. I have tried latest Realtek drivers (as well as few others) but without any result. I don't know what to do next. Without drivers, Windows find a "High Definition Audio peripheral" but only install a digital spdif output. Windows update doesn't allow me to update to "real" drivers although they are said to be...
April 3rd 07 10:48 PM
by David Sommers Go to last post
2 177
ALL VISTAS BUGS...... by dingo
i have one qestion......why the hell haz vista got so many bugs??,my computers Internet explorer 7 freezes my computer now and then when im only on the net so i have to turn my computer off at the wall! cos it haz no responce!!!!!!! can anyone help me?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 3rd 07 10:49 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
21 498
Agere Win Modem disappears after sleep or hibernation by Jim W.
I just built a computer and have installed Vista Home Premium on it. For the most part it's working quite well. One exception is my Agere V.90 Win Modem that I pulled out of an older computer. Although the modem was working very well on that computer with XP, on this new machine Vista keeps forgetting that the modem is installed. It seems to happen after the computer has come out of...
April 3rd 07 11:50 PM
by Jim W. Go to last post
6 213
How to limit/disable Hypermemory ? by augustus_meyer
My ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 grabs 256NB of system memory. Any ideas how to limit/disable this feature ?
April 4th 07 06:44 AM
by augustus_meyer Go to last post
7 181
Scanner driver installed, but TWAIN panel says "XP Only" by Noozer
I had no problem installing the Windows XP driver for my USB scanner into Vista Business 32bit. After this I tried to install the TWAIN panel, but the software complains that it is for XP only. Running as administrator and in compatibility mode make no difference. The installer doesn't uncompress to the TEMP folder, or anywhere else that I can see, so I can't try and bypass the OS...
April 4th 07 07:54 AM
by Noozer Go to last post
2 135
Yet another cannot write to CD/DVD by Raedwulf
I have an HP DVD740 as well as a Panasonic LF-D-103 DVD RAM drive, neither drive will allow me to write to media, they have no issues reading a CD or DVD Both of these drives worked in XP I seen other people suggest using Nero... why should I have to use something else when Vista itself should be able to handle the basic function?
April 4th 07 01:48 PM
by Mike Matheny Go to last post
1 136
nVIDIA FX5500 by [email protected]
Vista won`t recognise the above card going to personalize reports it as Default monitor on, this is driving me crazy
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 07 02:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 316
Goes to sleep after returning from sleep by Nasser Dassi
I have Vista Business Edition on an IBM ThinkPad (X-series). No special software besides the usual: MS Office 2007 (incl OneNote), Firefox, WinAmp, Acrobat Reader. Plus the IBM ThinkVantage options for Tablet PC, Fingerprint Reader, Tablet Menu Shortuct. Vista is updated as of yesterday (Apr 3, 2007) with all Windows Update patches. This problem, however, has been going on for the past...
April 4th 07 02:46 PM
by Nasser Dassi Go to last post
0 166
Intelli Mouse 6.1 Drivers and Windows Vista by MarkS
Hello, I am still having a problem with my Intelli-Mouse Optical and Windows Vista Ultima I am running windows Vista Ultimate (Final Release) and Intelli-mouse 6.1 software for my mouse. The problem I am having is that the mouse will various times do a double click for a single click. I've tried changing the click speed and no change. The mouse works fine on an XP machine. Any HELP
April 4th 07 04:26 PM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 152
CD burning under Vista by saint_craig
CD burning under vista broken? I am trying to burn a CD under windows Vista x64 this is on a completely fresh clean install of vista to rule out any other conflicts. Reguardless of the type of burn I try to do Mastered, etc... I have the same net result. The CD go through all the motions of burning and when it is complete, I am informed that it was burnt sucesfully. If I subsequently try to...
April 4th 07 06:27 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
5 169
Bluetooth disconnect when resolution change by CrazyJogurt
I have a big problem. I am using a Z61m IBM notebook with bluetooth and Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth. Every time I start a game, that changes the resolution, it disconnects my mouse. It does the same thing when the User Account Control window appears. And to get it back I can't just push the make/break connection button on mouse, but I have to remove it from bluetooth...
April 4th 07 06:40 PM
by CrazyJogurt Go to last post
2 150
Activation Query with USB devices by JumpyJim
I have Vista Enterprise x64 installed and have been running both VMWare 6.0 Beta workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 as I needed access to 32-bit OS's as well as 32-bit with USB 2.0 support for compatibility issues. Probably about 6 times I added and removed my USB 2.0 device in VMWare, which was detected to be add/removed in both the guest and host OS. When looking through Eventviewer, I...
April 4th 07 08:54 PM
by JumpyJim Go to last post
1 155
Wheel acceleration in intellipoint problem by Przemo-c
Wheel acceleration for my wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 doesn't work on vista. On Xp everything worked fine but when I've installed Vista Business 32bit I noticed that it doesn't work. No matter what driver I used for it (standard vista's browser mouse or intellimouse). I've reinstalled intellimouse software multiple times enabled and disabled the vertical acceleration nothing helped. I...
April 4th 07 09:09 PM
by Przemo-c Go to last post
2 196
No advanced controls for Plantronics GameCom PRO 1 by micke090
I have a plantronics gamecom pro 1 that in windows xp haves two advanced controls: bass boost and agc. In vista beta2 it hade none, in 5744 it has AGC, but not bass boost. Bass boost gives a much more enrichened sound in the lower frequensies, so i like it a lot. On the plantronics homepage the only drivers are for win2k or 98. It does not work too update in vista, i've tried. Can anyone...
April 4th 07 11:14 PM
by micke090 Go to last post
3 136
Partition Magic Ver8 and Vista's NTFS by cutie_pyie
Hi all, I have a Toshiba A135-S4427 Notebook that came preinstalled with Vista Home Premium. I want to use Partition Magic ver-8 to repartition the HDD into 3 total partitions, in other words - I want to creat 2 additional partitions. I read on another board the following: ....Vista has a different NTFS than XP. It is a known issue that formatting a
April 5th 07 12:39 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
6 161
Problem shrinking C: partition. by Elai
I am trying to shrink my C: partition (from 55GB to 30GB) in order to create a new partition. The message says there is 0 available space. I have disabled system restore, and moved the pagefile to a different partition, but no effect. I have considered purchasing Acronis Disk Director as someone else on the board recommended, but would like to just use the Vista's console if at all...
April 5th 07 12:39 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 130
The Sleep of sleeps by John
Hi hope someone can help, Kind of in a bind, PC - hp a730n I installed Vista, everything great worked fine, changed power profile (created a new one) monitor does not go off, computer does not sleep, and disk always on, CPU max power... in attempt to bring up my overall rating, which it did by .2 Several days later I found what is or like the sleep mode to the right on
April 5th 07 01:25 AM
by John Go to last post

From The