keyboard problem by keypad problems
i have to hold down the fn button and hit the letter i need or else the keyboard wont work can i reset it? antone know how to solve this? thank you
May 22nd 08 02:17 AM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
4 150
External Hard Drive Use? by ED
I just bought and installed a external hard drive. I am fairly knowlegable about computers but this is my first Ex. Hard drive and know very little about there use. So what I want to know is how to save my Family Tree Makers files to it. And once I do that how do I know for sure it is opening from my new drive and not my computer C: drive? I saved it to a DVD one time but when the time...
May 22nd 08 01:19 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
3 147
HP PSC 2355 - Photo Printing Problem by niagara94
Hi - I am having trouble with my PSC 2355. I am trying to use Photoshop Elements to print borderless 4 x 6 prints and part of the picture is being cut off - around the edges. However, the print preview looks fine. I've tried printing from different programs and still get the same result. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer software including drivers. I've tried alternate...
May 22nd 08 12:29 AM
by niagara94 Go to last post
0 142
Windows firewall/printing by Ray Kilham
I am using Vista ultimate with a new Canon LBP2900I laser printer. If I print with the windows firewall turned on it takes an age ti get a print out, if I turn off the firewall it prints stright away. All the drivers are up to date. In the firewall exceptions the printer is listed and ticked, any ideas anyone please.
May 21st 08 11:38 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
5 190
Help with video card by vakama380
I recently moved my computer, before I moved it my add-in graphics card worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plug the monitor into the adapter cable that comes with it and turn on my computer nothing happens. I have resorted to using my built-in graphics chip ( an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family but the problem is it dosen't work for many of my games (which is why i got...
May 21st 08 11:37 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
3 134
blue tooth LED by M Bessen
my bluetooth LED will not turn on for some reason, I have followed all of the directions and looked through Help. Like the Fn+F2, I did that, and it still won't turn on. Furthermore, I cant seem to open bluetooth through anything, not my desktop, through the start menu, or anything. The only thing that i can do is find a device, which isnt possible now, because of the condition. My...
May 21st 08 06:58 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 129
HP 710C Vista x64 by Dominik Jas
Hello everybody! I try to find solution for my problem. I have got HP 710C printer and I try to plug it to 64-bit Windows Vista and... I have problem because Vista x64 has not got drivers to my printer. Have anybody solve this problem yet? Please let me know if somebody has got working solution... Dominik
May 21st 08 05:54 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
1 164
Aero turning off and on when I go to this site: by Rich[_5_]
http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/crossword/index.html My two screens go black for a few seconds and then come back but not with aero enabled until I close that window. I've tried this in FF 2 and IE with Vista Enterprise with the same results. I have an Nvidia 8800GTS 512 card and thought I was on top of the pack with this card but still have this aero flashing is unsettling. So my...
May 21st 08 05:15 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
DEVICE UNKNOWN by Sebahuar
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T60p and a Lenovo USB Webcam. I installed SP1 and the camera stopped working so I uninstalled SP1 and it still doesn't work, it appears as "Unknown device". Is Microsoft going to publish some solution? I see all the reports and there are a lot people having the same problem. Someone could help me please I don't know what to do now. Should I come back to XP?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 08 11:54 AM
by Howard Kelley Go to last post
13 318
HELP !!!! Dreaded Blue Screen Strikes Again by JdeeHere
I Purchased and installed Vista Ultimate 64bit Friday, Since that glorious moment, my computer continually BLUE SCREENS.. (below please find the reported problem codes)… Is there anyone out there who can decipher these codes and inform me of what’s going on with my computer. My specs are as follows: - Intel Pentium D 3.4 Dual Core 945 - GigaByte GA-965P-DS3 MotherBoard - 2 x 1024mb...
May 21st 08 09:01 AM
by buee Go to last post
1 146
im having big problem trying to fix my video card please help by Travis42
I have been haveing lots of problems with my video card, and it seems no one can help. It is a Intel 82945G Express Chipset family. This is what it says: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12). But then i found this on a website: Two devices have been assigned...
May 21st 08 07:36 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
3 139
Applications shut down when print command given by Larryjn
I am connected to a Sharp MX-2700N through my network. Vista allows me to add the printer to my list of available printers but when I try to print anything the application shuts down. Has anyone come across this and solved it?
May 21st 08 05:42 AM
by ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS Go to last post
1 125
Hello by amscl
Hello everyone ! -- amscl Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 21st 08 03:17 AM
by amscl Go to last post
0 220
Removing Readyboost Drive by Si[_4_]
I have been using a readtboost drive for a while now and I don't think it is enhancing the performance of my PC (I have 2GB of RAM) so I think I should remove it. I just wanted to know if there was anything special I had to do apart from just unplugging the drive? Cheers. Si
May 20th 08 09:03 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 234
Problem with partitions by Lutzie
Hello, I've recently purchased a Toshiba P200D-139, which came with Vista pre-installed. The HDD has come partitioned in C (Vista) and E (Data). TBH, I want just 1 drive. I’ve used the disk management function in Vista, and I’ve even done it manually in the cmd prompt, however I cannot extend the C drive at all. I can erase E, I can split it, I can create new drives, extend them, shrink...
May 20th 08 03:33 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 150
Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller producing"page_fault_in_non_paged_area" by Gadafi
I have installed windows vista ultimate onto my HP NX9420 laptop, everytime I connect PCMCIA 3G Vodafone Mobile Connect card to the laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area". Google-ing around discovered standing issue with above mentioned Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and PCMCIA 3G and WiFi cards.The "solution" to this is disabling controller in...
May 20th 08 03:12 PM
by objober Go to last post
5 200
usb problem by Blade
Hello to all. When I'm using a browser, IE or Firefox, when I click on a tab or just by scrolling on a page, when it's connected to a hub, my mouse act like it's disconnected and I hear the disconnect/connect usb sound, the led of the mouse and keyboard are flashing. While I'm watching videos with media player or power DVD, the keyboad stop working for a second or two, the num lock is...
May 20th 08 02:36 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
5 250
web cam software by John A Grandy[_2_]
I have a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 with Windows Vista Ultimate. The bundled web cam software is not great. Does anyone have recommends on web cam software ? Thanks.
May 20th 08 12:05 PM
by John A Grandy[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
HP 2840 and Vista Ultimate x64 by ceekaye
HP drivers online have at minimum allowed us to install and use the printing function. However, the installation CD with all of the HP software for scanning, faxing, etc. doesn't run. Click setp.exe and the spash windoe says "click install to begin..." but the only button available is EXIT. I'll be on the phone with HP customer service on Monday morning. Anyone else out ther having installation...
May 19th 08 10:03 PM
by ceekaye Go to last post
4 276
can i use bluetooth to listen to my comp by UnworldlyPsyco
im wanting to use a bluetooth headset to listen to music and videos from my computer and i want to know if i could before i bought one.
May 19th 08 08:10 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post

From The