Creative X-Fi - No Sound by rhenson
Hi, I just installed the current RC over an Media edition pc, where everything was working fine. After that there is no sound and the message 'No output device is installed'. I've downloaded the creative 64-bit version of drivers and installed them. If i go into device manager it shows the sound card working correctly with drivers, but when I go into sounds from the control panel it notes...
April 8th 07 07:08 AM
by tegutigi Go to last post
2 149
External Hard Drive Size Error by darkblade25
I have a Netdisk external hard drive with around 55 gigs of free space. In vista, I tried to copy over a 4 gig file to the external hard drive. It then gives me an error saying that the file is too large for the destination file system. I have over 55 gigs and when I tried to copy 4 gig worth of files on my other computer, which is running xp, it works fine. Somebody please help me.
April 8th 07 08:02 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 154
video gone! by vistarocks
Well, my computer with 2 partitions with windows vista, wouldnt go further than the boot up screen, it would just frezze. So i would restart and it would keep on frezzing so i just turn it off and removed the memory cards. put them back .. but then i cant even see anything on the monitor i dont hear any beeps i hear the fans and open my computer the computer seems on. Now i dont know what i...
April 8th 07 08:04 AM
by Rock Go to last post
4 153
Network sound and HDD by swalexx
hello got my new vista few days ago along with a mostly new setup. liking it all so far. only windows ive used really feels slick pity about the memory usage! anyways cant get any sound. Onboard sound card is working coz it crackles when u put the plugs in.
April 8th 07 10:06 AM
by swalexx Go to last post
0 154
Hauppauge HVR-1600 by Catbed
I recently bought a HVR-1600 and it does not work in Vista Home Premium Media Center. I try to set up TV and it says "Tuner not found". i have tried "To All With Vista TV Tuner Card Problems" and that didn't work. Please help! -thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 07 02:12 PM
by Catbed Go to last post
22 458
dvd drive doesnt show in vista by xir
i have a dvd burnere on my laptop it worked under xp but i upgraded to vista and now it doesnt work. i can still boot from it but it doesnt show up in my cumputer or in task manager. any suggestions (i have tried editing the upperfilter and lowerfilter registry values, and physically removing the drive an reinseritng it)
April 8th 07 04:56 PM
by xir Go to last post
0 220
Floppy caching? by Bill Leary
I put in a 3.5" 1.44M floppy and view it's directory (usually via a command line, but also with explorer). Now, eject the disk and put in another one. I get the same directory. This despite considerable activity by the drive (light goes on, head moves around). How do I get this thing to read the actual drive rather than what appears to be it's cached version?
April 8th 07 08:01 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
4 235
Device Driver may be corrupted by Eric O'Brien
It appears that I've lost both of my DVDRW after installing VISTA 64-bit. I was using them up until a few days ago. It just shows as a "Removable Disk". This is the error message I get when I go to the DVDRW burner. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft...
April 8th 07 09:41 PM
by Rock Go to last post
2 158
floppy drive problems in vista by Jeff
I installed a floppy drive on my computer running Vista. My bios is showing the drive but when I boot up into Vista, it's not showing the drive. I've installed it, removed it and did all of the tinkering I can think of including looking for drivers but it won't show the drive. Any suggestions?
April 8th 07 11:20 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 175
floppy drive installation problems by Jeff
I installed a floppy drive on my computer running Vista. My bios is showing the drive but when I boot up into Vista, it's not showing the drive. I've installed it, removed it and did all of the tinkering I can think of including looking for drivers but it won't show the drive. Any suggestions?
April 9th 07 12:21 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 198
EFS... xp - vista by Stoney
Hi, I encrypted some folders\files, on xp pro. But when I tried to decrypt them the encryption came off, but I still couldnt open files. I dont have permissions to move, view, copy. I took ownership of the file, gave permissions to myself but still no good. Now i've gone to vista without thinkin of this problem. so now i'm an alltogether new user, I kind of understand EFS, so I know it's...
April 9th 07 10:20 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
1 157
Firewire problems due to KB925902 by Deren Smith
Ever since I installed last weeks Vista security patch (KB925902), Vista no longer see's my firewire external hard drive. Does anyone know if Microsoft has released a patch to fix the problems that KB925902 has produced? Thanks
April 9th 07 11:54 AM
by Rebus Go to last post
2 179
Numeric Keypad by BobP
I have always used a separate numeric keypad on my notebook. I just bought a sony VGN-C240E and my old IBM keypad doesn't function properly. The NumLock key locks both keyboards, not just the USB attached one. Previously, NumLock only locked the separate keypad allowing normal use of the computer's main keyboard. SONY told me it was a Vista issue. Can anyone help? -- RFP
April 9th 07 01:40 PM
by BobP Go to last post
0 150
file conversion method by SANJAY PAWAR
File which I have created using Windows XP/ Microsoft excel are not opening in windows vista/ Microsoft worksheet. What to do, I do not understand. Pls suggest ! Best Regards Sanjay
April 9th 07 01:45 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 126
Microsoft Office keyboard by Ray
Can anyone suggest how I can get this keyboard to work properly in Vista. There are no driver updates at Microsoft that I can find thet enable all the features that I use. It is a model RT9450. Thanks Ray
April 9th 07 02:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 141
Compatible DVD burners by Puppy Breath
Does anyone have suggestions about 100% compatile all-in-one type DVD burners? (Burns all CD and DVD types). The hardware compatibility list isn't much help on this. And looking up drivers for one product at a time is daunting.
April 9th 07 02:42 PM
by Lee Beck Go to last post
9 127
Vista 64: Driver for BT848 Chipset (Hauppauge WinTV PCI)? by Jens Kaiser
Hi, there is an Open Source hardware driver for Bt848 / Bt849 / Bt878 & Bt879 chipsets: http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ Latest revision: 2004! However it is supposed to install and work under Vista 64 properly - if Vista's signature verification for hardware drivers is disabled. Do you know how to disable this check? Or does another driver exist for this aged hardware that works well under...
April 9th 07 03:00 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 151
Formating my XP drives by scsa20
Other then taking the drives out of my computer and plugging it into my laptop through USB, is there a way I could format my XP drives (1 of which is set to active (got damn it!!) and vista doesn't even want to touch it because of that). This is the current information on my drives: Disk 0 - Windows XP x64 (D:) - 74.53 GB NTFS - Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition) Disk 1 - Windows...
April 9th 07 03:06 PM
by scsa20 Go to last post
6 127
Huappauge 1600 setup by Anthony Marsh
Short of uninstalling and reinstalling, is there any way to go back to the old set-up routines to change the settings? I just had a cable upgrade and want to make sure it sees the new channels. It now assumes the set-up was correct and skips to the end.
April 9th 07 04:22 PM
by DBRASCO Go to last post
1 115
2nd Internal Not working by JoeRV007
I have just installed Vista Home Premium and my second internal HD won't work. The HD worked in the previous installation of XP Pro and from a Live CD version of Linux. According to the Computer Manager, the drive needs to be formatted before it can be used. I dont want to format it becuase it has all my mp3s and photos on. Any suggestions
April 9th 07 07:06 PM
by JoeRV007 Go to last post

From The