Vista does not see all of RAM by Barrie
I am using Home Premium and recently increased my desktop memory from 2GB to 4GB. The BIOS sees each of four motherboard slots with 1.024GB and reports a total of 4096GB. System information reports seeing only 3.325GB. Can someone please tell me what is going on? Is Vista not using all the available memory?
May 14th 08 05:38 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 213
Blue Screen by b1_returns
Got a new computer in January, is Vista, just started recently getting BSOD's..Also not sure if its a coincidance but i seem to get them while running windows media player here the info I get Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 BCCode: 100000b8 BCp1: 84D67780 BCP2: 889E2930
May 14th 08 04:14 AM
by dmex[_91_] Go to last post
3 221
Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card by John A Grandy[_2_]
I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card. In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up. However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not fit snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the power light does not light-up. What could be causing this ?
May 14th 08 03:50 AM
by propman Go to last post
7 174
New Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 1.92 12 May 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 1.92 12 May 2008): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Add/Fix 1.) Driver : 1. Fix Stereo Mix issue with codec which support capless output pin. 2. Customizations.
May 14th 08 03:08 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 228
vista wont read any DVD+RW by James29
I noticed this after I upgraded to sp1. I'm using 32 bit ultimate. I went to delete the upper and lower filters and they werent there. I suspect that may be a part of the problem. When I insert a DVD+RW into my DVD READER it shows the file "Desktop.ini" and nothing. When I insert a DVD+RW into my DVD WRITER it shows nothing. and that's if in actually shows anything. Usually it just slows...
May 14th 08 12:01 AM
by James29 Go to last post
0 149
Resolution Problems by Rusty1971
I am unsure what has caused my problem, so I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on it for me. I am running, Vista Business 32bit, Intel Duo 6750, Gigabyte P35-DS3P MB, XFX 8800GT 512mb (Factory OC), 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2, Viewsonic VX2235wm Monitor. (That should be enough info) Everything had been working fine, but without any changes to hardware, software or drivers I now...
May 13th 08 08:04 PM
by paradigm Go to last post
1 168
ZTE MF330 PCMCIA card by segi
My laptop crashes everytime i insert this card, does anyone has knowledge on where i can get the drivers?
May 13th 08 03:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 283
How to Set the NUM LOCK State before Logon in Windows Vista by MCB
How does one enable NUM LOCK at Logon screen in Vista?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 08 02:20 PM
by Keith Miller \(MVP\) Go to last post
13 418
Having problems with IPOD and other USB Devices? - Could be Norton? by andrewtewkesbury
Hi, Thought I would post the problems I encountered with usb devices (especially ipod) and how I resolved this. If I can save anyone a fraction of the hassle I've had it will be worth it. Since upgrading to vista64 ultimate nearly a month ago I have run into some major problems and essentially the experience has been thoroughly, thoroughly miserable. Now finally starting to make some...
May 13th 08 12:32 PM
by andrewtewkesbury Go to last post
0 170
Hello by thomasz[_2_]
Hi everyone. How’s everyone doing? Good day! -- thomasz Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 13th 08 12:12 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 192
Dataman infrared adapter caused Windows Vista to crash by Staronnet
After I installed the software driver from the CD, the adapter caused Windows Vista to crash, i.e. memory crash dump, when I removed the adapter from the USB port. Anybody know/ where I can download a version of software driver that works on Windows Vista
May 13th 08 11:58 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
4 194
What the difference between XP and Vista drives? by Pedro
What the difference between Win XP and Win Vista drives? Thank's
May 13th 08 11:57 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 146
switch hard drives by Jarrett
if i remove a hard drive from my old computer that is a slave and add it as a slave to my new computer will on my information still be on the hard drive?
May 13th 08 10:53 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 185
connection limit by same error here
Hello , some clue to improve the conncetion limit on Vista Sp1, cause i really need fast connection to work, i pay a lot for ISP, and cannoyt use it cause Window slimit it to 10, these days i try to use a AUTO PATCH to try to solve this problem. but i just recivie an DEATH BLUE SCREEN and need to re-format my new Hd. Please if someone can help me i'll be very glad for that, i.. , and a lot...
May 13th 08 09:49 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 149
Sidewinder Driver - Microsoft Racing Wheel by James Mueller
We have a Microsoft Racing Wheel called a Sidewinder; non-force feedback. We are wondering if anyone has found a Vista driver? I like the wheel and don't want to have to spend more money to buy something else. -- Thanks, James Mueller
May 13th 08 07:41 AM
by Gumby{B.A.D} Go to last post
4 142
May 13th 08 06:55 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 122
Mobile Device Center - Tmobile Dash (HTC) by crwhite2
Very frustrated trying to get WMDC to work with my Tmobile Dash and Vista Business. With Advanced USB select on Dash, Device Manager shows Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver showing up under Portable Devices with an error message 10. (have seen some forum references to this problem, is supposed to be corrected by a windows update. I have installed all windows vista updates. With...
May 13th 08 03:21 AM
by tirebiter Go to last post
1 156
Vista can't seem to find drivers... no matter what USB device. by GAURC
I've seen many posts about difficulty locating hardware drivers. I'm installing Vista-compatible device software just fine, but it seems virtually any USB device I try to install is defeated when Vista sees the device and tries to 'install drivers.' Vista checks the hard drive and the web and eventually says the drivers can not be found; thus, no device. I've tried browsing to the program...
May 13th 08 01:30 AM
by GAURC Go to last post
2 139
Bluescreen during running Mediaplayer by Mathys J.P
Hi all, i have a big problem with my Windows Vista Ultimate. Ever when i running the Mediaplayer and viewing some .avi files my system crash with a bluescree like this - Problem caused by Realtek 8101/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapter Driver (RTLH86.SYS) This problem was caused by Realtek 8101/8168/8169 PCI/PCIe Adapter Driver (RTLH86.SYS). This program was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp..
May 12th 08 11:58 PM
by Mmoody Go to last post
2 123
Connect Microtek Scanmaker 4800 to PC w/Windows Vista by ahho
I have a Microtek Scanmaker 4800, Type MRS-1200 T48U. I believe this unit is designed to function w/o the use of a driver and it connects to the PC via Microteck Wizard 5 v5.79 software.? I now have a new PC and am trying to get it working. This software is installed in my both my old and new PC (I have the disk). With my old PC a Microteck Scanner icon would light up and direct me to scan...
May 12th 08 11:56 PM
by onewave4me Go to last post

From The