MSI TV @nywhere card not recognised as TV tuner by Sparhawk
Hi, I've used the drivers from WinXP since there are no drivers for Vista on MSI page, windows Vista Ultra (MSDN) accepted them. But the card is not recognised as TV tuner in the media center, and the software designed to work with this card is not compatible with Windows Vista. Is there any chance, that the TV card will work under Windows Vista?
April 11th 07 01:53 AM
by Noozer Go to last post
2 211
DVD Drives Not Showing by Geoff
I dual boot with XPPro and Vista Business. My DVD drive works fine in XP, but as per all the other threads is visible in Device Manager and not in Computer. Business was a clean install so no remaining drivers. There are no Upper/Lower keys in the registry. I have another machine along side with Vista Business and an identical DVD. That works! The only thing that intrigues me is under IDE...
April 11th 07 03:20 AM
by Geoff Go to last post
2 132
Problem with Logitech G15 driver by Darkelldar
I am having a problem with the drivers not working correctly after a reboot. Some of the display options don't work and it won't load game profiles. I have to reinstall the driver if I reboot or shutdown and restart. Any Ideas? Thanks.
April 11th 07 03:30 AM
by Kris Go to last post
2 125
DVD-RW do not function after installing Vista Ultimate by DVD-RW does not function under Vista Ult
After installing Vista Ultimate on my computer, and Office 2007 both DVD readers/writers do not function anymore (NEC ND 3520AW and Plextor DVDR PX-708A). The driver are up to date. In the system they are both marked. Does somebody have a solution?
April 11th 07 07:26 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 131
HP Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
April 11th 07 08:51 AM
by Christian Møller Nielsen Go to last post
8 154
Monitor or Monitor Driver? by flatlander
I am clueless about these things. Here goes. I left the computer on overnight, and it was showing the log on screen. This morning, the computer was on but the monitor would show nothing. I pressed on the keyboard and moved the mouse, but the log on screen stayed black, save for the browser pointer. Any ideas why?
April 11th 07 09:14 AM
by flatlander Go to last post
3 140
Sound issues with left channel by denniS
I have a sound problem with the left channel. The left front speaker is very low, all the other speaker are at the proper volume. Problem is the same with the on board audio or my Audigy 2 ZS card installed. EVGA 680 sli 122-CK-NF68-A1, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, OCZ @GB DDR2 1066, EVGA GeForce 8800GTX, logitech Z-5300 5.1 speaker system. I have removed and reloaded drivers and software, no...
April 11th 07 10:38 AM
by denniS Go to last post
3 130
USB 1 ... to...USB 2 by Rod Davies
Is it as simple as buying a USB2 card and whacking it in my PC to "upgrade" from USB1 technology??? So as to take advantage of Readyboost properly? Rgds
April 11th 07 10:50 AM
by Rod Davies Go to last post
3 158
Keyboard assistance by aarox
My HID keyboard device does not work to well, whenever i turn off my computer the keyboard does not work, to fix it i have been placing the cord for the keyboard in a different slot in hopes that it will work. The only problem is that i cannot but the cord into a slot that has already been used. I dont have very of those slots left... plase help me. P.S. I have a dell computer that might...
April 11th 07 11:46 AM
by aarox Go to last post
0 138
ChangeDriveLabel for Vista? by Peter
Kelly's Korner has a very useful VBS tool that makes it easy to change optical drive labels/names in XP. Anyone know of a Vista equivalent? Tried it in Vista and it doesn't work. -- Peter XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 700gb HDD, 4.0gb DDR Soundblaster Audigy 4/ATI Radeon 9550 SE/Asus 7135 TV-FM
April 11th 07 12:42 PM
by Ik Go to last post
2 134
Pocket PC 2002 Outlook Sync by kasmatt
Ive got vista ultimate and office 2003 pro installed but i cannot get my pda with pocket pc 2002 to sync contacts and appointments in outlook. When i plug it in it's detected but all that happens is that i can browse the folders on the PDA and use my pc's internet connection on my pda. I dont know how in the world i can sync info from outlook onto the pda. I tried opening the mobile center...
April 11th 07 02:29 PM
by Max Go to last post
1 145
Generic PnP Monitor and Screen Resolution by TLK
Hi. I'm using an ATI RADEON X300/X550 Graphics Card on the Vista Home Premium Upgrade. Before the upgrade I was running the screen resolution at the maximum 1280 x 1024 on a 19" LCD with XP Pro. Since then, I can only have 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. I'm assuming that it's not normal I've got a Generic PnP Monitor listed in my devices, cause that just sounds like it's been forced to choose...
April 11th 07 03:30 PM
by Alex Go to last post
3 135
No Sound from Headphones by No Sound Frustration
I have a new Profile 6 and I was able to finagle my way thru Device Manager and remove the check in the enable analog box for my CD/DVD player and I could hear my music on my headphones yesterday. I restarted my computer last night, came in this morning to find I have the same "no sound" problem and my Device Manager changes stuck. So I'm totally confused.
April 11th 07 04:10 PM
by No Sound Frustration Go to last post
0 158
Laptop To Tv by laptop to tv
Please help me I have a 21" tv i have a lead that connects my laptop to it but everything is so big on it ive tryed the resolution but vista doesnt help very well on that. please help thanks.
April 11th 07 06:00 PM
by Phillip Windell Go to last post
1 145
Update Video Driver - Access Denied - Help Please by Michael Price
I have Vista installed on a machine that is part of a W2K3 domain. If I try to update the video hardware driver I get an "access denied" message in device manager un reboot and only standard VGA settings. I am an administrator on the machine and there are no domain policies that prevent this from happening. It used to work just fine in XP. I have UAC turned off. Once this happens the only...
April 11th 07 07:15 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 127
Standard VGA Graphic adapters specs by Jonathan
Hi, I was wondering what are the restriction in using the Standard VGA Graphic adpater in windows Vista. Thank you
April 11th 07 07:52 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 128
At restart Aspect Ratio of screen display is not correct. by Jim Webster
I have a new E-Machines T5224 with a 19" flat panel monitor (E19T5W TFT LCD Monitor, M/N: LE1938) and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video card/chip/something. About half the time that I restart the computer the aspect ratio of the screen has been reset to some crazy size where the icons are so big that only about 2/3 of the screen image is displayed (starting from the upper...
April 11th 07 08:52 PM
by Jim Webster Go to last post
1 144
Vista 64 Bit and DRAM Frequency Settings by dannymichel
OK so I've only been able to run Vista 64 when setting my DRAM Frequency to 200MHZ on 'this' (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/xcingix/IMG00048.jpg) page. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/xcingix/IMG00048.jpg . If I set it to Auto I get an immediate bluescreen right before the welcome screen. But for some reason this only stalls the bluescreen for about an hour. I have a 600W power...
April 11th 07 10:16 PM
by dannymichel Go to last post
0 134
syncing with pocket pc device by delawhere
I have a Viewsonic V36 pocket pc and I'm trying to sync my address book to my new vista laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that microsoft sync center has to close and I cant sync anything. I REALLY don't want to have to type in all my address information all over again. I get nothing from the 'debug' program. I can look at everything on the device through 'my computer'.
April 11th 07 11:12 PM
by MBro Go to last post
4 144
MS Natural Keyboard 4000 F keys... by Teddy
I had this problem with the Vista beta, but I was sure it'd be fixed in the final release. Perhaps I really just have a bad piece of hardware!!! My keyboard worked perfectly in XP, and I always buy MS keyboards - I love them! MS hardware in general has always pretty good - I miss the sidewinder line. ANYway... the Vista Beta, for some reason, had issues with my keyboard - I had NO "F" keys!...
April 12th 07 12:56 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post

From The