Windows Vista doesn't regonize all RAM by Wilian
So I have 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM. Problem is that motherboard tells me that all 4 sticks are properly installed and able to be used but Vista claims I have only 2.93GB RAM or 3.07GB. I am running with the computer with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit if that's the proper term.
May 3rd 07 08:57 AM
by Conor Go to last post
6 150
Kinda at a deadend with Vista by Wildman
I got me a Nvidia Nforce 4 SLI mobo with the Nvidia MCP chip and Vista hates this chip. Anyway, I have installed the Vista Ultimate package 64 bit and 32 bit at different times...both choke badly. I finally set the whole thing aside for many months and decided to come back to it after the OS got some patches and tweaking. Well now I tried it again and still, with all the patches and...
March 18th 08 03:19 PM
by Bob Go to last post
4 156
Installed New 250gb WD HD and it does not see it. by WILDcorp
I set this up as slave. Made other HD Master w/ slave. Bios shows it just fine. Does not show up in My Computer. Does show up in Disk management but as unreadable. Have no choices but properties when I right click on it. I can rescan then have ability to Initialize but it too fails. Shows as 250g drive and unreadable. Used the Western Digital utility to check the drive out and it is fine....
November 29th 07 07:55 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 148
Missing operating system by wildboyz
hey guys im new here and i have a problem with my hard drive i think. i saw some similar problems on the form but not the same as mine. so i built my computer yesterday and everything worked fine until today. when i turned on the computer today, at the bottom of my screen, it says missing operating system. i can still get into bios so i changed the boot order to start from cd/dvd drive but even...
June 26th 09 06:26 AM
by wildboyz Go to last post
0 252
77 WIIKEY FUSION Informacion by wiikeyfusion
Atendiendo a las peticiones de los usuarios finales y distribuidores, estamos encantados de confirmar que el apoyo WBFS se incluirán en Wiikey Fusion. Pronto podremos comprar Wiikey Fusion.Segun nos informa el distribuidor para españa www.R4spain.com/tienda WBFS es un sistema de archivos desarrollado especialmente para el almacenamiento de copias de seguridad de Wii que comprime los juegos a un...
April 7th 10 07:43 PM
by wiikeyfusion Go to last post
0 254
Missing entry: RunDLLEntry by Wiggins
Everytime Windows Vista Home Premium starts up I receive this error message: "Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtime.dll Missing entry: RunDLLEntry" Can anyone please help me with this? Email me at: Thanks.
April 9th 09 01:42 PM
by alandsuse[_3_] Go to last post
9 291
Vista and Home Automation by wieczors
Good Afternoon: We're building a home and in the process of researching options for home automation. We are planning on purchasing a computer with Windows Vista. Has anyone installed a multi-zone audio system and connected it to Windows Vista? If so, can you offer some suggestions/advice! Thanks and have a great day!
March 9th 07 12:16 AM
by wieczors Go to last post
0 116
A higher resolution? by Wide Eyed Nerd
When I was in Windows XP, I ran my resolution at 1600x1200 on a 19 inch monitor. To my dimay, I found that Windows Vista has locked me out this option. And this option, I really liked. How can I unlock this, so I can get back to the size I am used to? I have updated all my drivers, for both my monitor and my video card, but it doesnt let me use the full capacity of my hardware. Can I get...
December 20th 06 01:47 AM
by Wide Eyed Nerd Go to last post
4 229
Adjust my resolution... by Wide Eyed Nerd
Regarding this article, how do I get a higher resolution? Getting the best display on your monitor http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/617624ee-08f3-4aff-9713-5e84a9674a261033.mspx It is not a driver or hardware issue. It is Microsoft telling me what is best. But isnt what I want whats best for me? Thanks again, M
December 23rd 06 07:20 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
9 322
vista on laptop - right click issue by WiccanBex
hi, i recently installed the sims on my laptop which has vista on it, and now the right click mouse button doesn't work. there's nothing wrong with the button - i can use it on my desktop - but nothing happens when i right click in explorer, the usual list of options doesn't appear at all. surely this isn't a side effect of installing the game? does anyone have any suggestions as to what i've...
January 6th 08 12:22 PM
by NettiWelho Go to last post
1 129
DVD drive problem by WhyHelloThere
I have here an Optiarc DVD AD-7200A drive but it can't seem to run anything other than CDs. Device Manager says there's nothing wrong with it, and updating drivers doesn't help. Is there a way to fix this or will I need to get it replaced? Thanks in advance. --
June 1st 09 11:41 PM
by Travis Bickle Go to last post
2 299
An odd fix to the Vista 64 Esata problem by whturner
I have been through all the problems and attempted fixes for my Simpletech Pro 1000 Gb external drive to try to use Esata with my new Gateway and Vista Home premium, including swapping the drive for a replacement. No luck - it still would lock up the computer at times, even after being recognized in My Computer, Disk Manager, Device Manager et al. It worked with usb, firewire, and, with Vista...
October 13th 09 04:53 AM
by whturner Go to last post
0 139
Interpretation of ReadyBoost drive activity by whturner
I have a new Gateway cpu i7 920 Desktop with Vista 64 and 3G Ram. When I borrow my FAST flashdrive from my portable and use it in my desktop, ReadyBoost recommends reserving 3830 Mb for optimum speed. It is apparently useful, as the access light on the Flash Drive shows a fair amount of activity. My questions a 1) Does that activity prove I should increase Ram? I am not a gamer, but I do...
March 12th 09 09:46 PM
by whturner Go to last post
2 205
Extend Volume is greyed by whs[_8_]
With disk management you cannot extend to the left. Use 'Partition Wizard Home Edition.' (http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) Just move the slider. -- whs
May 2nd 10 07:48 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
0 560
Vista 64 & Asus A8N-SLI delux + SI 3114 raid problem by Who am I
I'm trying to make a clean install of Vista 64 business. I downloaded several 64bit Sil drivers from the site of SI and AMD (only the XP 64 version, vista not present). I put it all on an usb-key in started the installation. I searched the USB during the installation and the Driver from AMD was compatible. After that, installation of the files is allmost instantaneous (suspect) and the...
August 26th 07 11:08 PM
by sparkinark Go to last post
5 181
DVD/CD Burner Driver Issues by whiwo
I installed Vista without a hitch. Yeah, there a couple of minor issues that I can deal with until new drivers come out...with the exception of one thing. Vista no longer recognizes my Plextor DVD Burner nor my Backup Sony CDR Burner. Nothing wrong with them, the BIOS has no problems and the Device Manager list them properly. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and reboot but Vista...
February 19th 07 05:53 PM
by John Monahan Go to last post
8 188
How To Resolve Issues With Your DVD/CD Burner in Vista by whiwo
Spent $59.00 for this answer since I have OEM. Free support is only for retail. Go to article kb 314060 in the windows database and it will provide you with instructions to have Vista recognize your Drives again. Good Luck!
February 18th 07 03:11 PM
by whiwo Go to last post
0 210
The Dangers of RAID and Vista by whiwo
Two weeks ago, I purchased two WD Black Caviar 1TB drives after the third (count them) Maxtor external drive gave out on me within a 1 1/2 year period; this time wiping out all of my work, music, pictures, documents, etc. I managed to regain 2/3 of it back by using a restoration software I purchased. I moved the restored files onto one of the newly purchased drives that I had setup using...
March 5th 09 07:58 PM
by DL Go to last post
6 203
Microphone Sound by WhiTeSnaK
I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works. Anyone got any ideas? ThanksWS
January 4th 10 03:43 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 274
digital speakers and analogue headphones at the same time in vista by whiterabbit
my computer has a realtek alc 882 hd audio. i have speakers connected via optical output - my speakers can decode dolby digital. i also have headphones plugged into the headphone socket. in windows xp if i wanted to be quiet i can turn the speakers off and hear everything from the headphones. for films with dolby digital the sound would be output by sp/dif and the speakers would decode - the...
May 22nd 08 01:09 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The