Does ANY MP3 player work in Vista? by jim_from_il
I've got 2 different Sandisk MP3 players, as well as a new RCA player I bought for my daughter. Vista cannot locate the "correct" drivers to install any of them. Does any brand MP3 player work in Vista, to where you can sync songs to the device? As a caveat - I should point out I'm on RC1, and am awaiting for my "express" home premium upgrade DVD to arrive by this weekend (3/23). I will...
April 15th 07 11:37 PM
by Jacob Barry Go to last post
8 152
itunes and vista not valid Win32 application by D1NoZ0uRrEz
i tried to download itunes but it won't let me when i try to install it a message appears saying not valic win32 application i don't konw what that is... please help.
April 16th 07 03:14 AM
by bestweb Go to last post
6 157
Getting my WD Passport to work by Cstranger0715
I just bought a Compaq computer, which came with Windows Vista. I'm trying to get all of my music (2.5 Gigs) from my laptop, which I was using before this computer. I have a 40 Gig WD Passport, and I've loaded my music onto it from the laptop. I've plugged it into the USB port of my new desktop, and I can't open the back-up file. It won't open unless I find a file to open it with, but...
April 16th 07 03:31 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 142
Problem with eSATA hard drive by CaptNorm
I've been running XP Pro for years, 3 SATA hard drives in the case & 1 external SATA drive (FAT32). With XP, I could turn on the eSATA drive (always connected) anytime & it is automatically detected. With Vista Ultimate, if the eSATA drive was OFF at boot time, turning it on, once fully booted, does not detect the 4th drive. Disk Management (local) doesn't see the 4th drive either. If I turn...
April 16th 07 07:20 AM
by Will Go to last post
1 143
Mono sound not on center speaker? by Naryoril
hi I just installed Windows Vista Business Edition x64. After I set the sound device to 5.1, i got the problem that mono sound is played on the center speaker but i would really like to have it on the two front speakers as it was in Windows XP. In this knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925901/en-us they write If this default behavior presents hardware difficulties, use...
April 16th 07 08:54 AM
by Naryoril Go to last post
2 159
Compact Flash Bluetooth Drivers by GrimmaceF13
I am trying to get a Billionton Compact Flash Bluetooth card to work in Vista Home Premium. Vista says the original drivers are not compatible and not to install them. I have tried all the Broadcomm, Widcomm, and anyother BT drivers close to no avail. The card is found by Vista and shows up as Compact Flash Bluetooth in the Device manager. It seems all of the new drivers are for USB BT only....
April 16th 07 09:15 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 154
error code 633 after low power state by eddieg
Upon reviving my computer from its low power state (Power button) I get the message boxes detailed below. This has only started to happen within the last three or four days, up till then my modem connected to the internet automatically and any web sites previously open where available. I have tried to close my internet connection down before using the power button, but when I revive the...
April 16th 07 10:00 AM
by eddieg Go to last post
2 143
Creative SB Live! Series (WDM) output volume is too high by Lawrence Mok
Creative SB Live! Series (WDM) output volume is too high. It's making me nearly deaf when I wear my headphone on and it suddenly BOOM~~. The sound volume outputted by this WDM driver is too high, even if I turn the volume to 3 out of 100, it was loud enough to have the same output volume as I was using Windows XP with Creative's driver, with volume bar set to half. For now, creative don't...
April 16th 07 12:39 PM
by Malke Go to last post
7 168
Serial Ports in Vista? by [email protected]
I have 2 rs-232 serial printers, they work on my other computers when plugged into the on-board serial ports. (echo hello com2 ) I need them to work in Vista.. I bought a new computer that did not have any on board serial (except SATA which will not help in anyway to this) so I decided to get a USB to db9 serial converter. I used the drivers it came with (95-ME/XP/2000-3/ NT) and had an...
April 16th 07 04:28 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
5 153
BLuetooth ability on my Gateway MX8711 by icyunvluckieme
I see that in the instruction book that came with my computer it tells me how to connect my bluetooth. Is there the need to add additional software to operate this because when I push the buttons to turn it on nothing happens? I'm lost help!
April 16th 07 05:48 PM
by moorepheus Go to last post
1 169
Windows Vista and IBM T545 Flat Panel Monitor by Connie
Just purchased a new Dell PC with Windows Vista Ultimate. Own an IBM Flat Panel monitor, Model: 6653; Type: G52. Monitor initially worked enough to enable me to login to Windows Vista and set up my user account. After that whenever I boot up the new PC, I see the inital boot up information on the flat panel screen, but I never get to the Vista login screen. I received an error stating...
April 16th 07 09:04 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 197
Wireless mouse and Laptop joystick by MikeG
Hi, I have a new x60t with vista and installed the support for the Microsoft Notebook Laser Mouse 6000. The mouse works but, now the middle button on the laptop nav keys behaves the same way as the wireless mouse. If I recall correctly, my old laptop's nav keys and the mouse settings could be set independently. Was I dreaming or am I just not finding the right thing to do? Thanks
April 17th 07 12:56 AM
by MikeG Go to last post
0 197
Problem with 5.1 surround sound by Bertolus P.-Y.
Hello, I have a TerraTec Aureon 5.1 Fun sound card. Divers are v5.12.1.639, signed by Microsoft (and installed during Vista rc2 installation). I have configured the speakers in 5.1 surround with the Speaker Setup pannel. Then I launched the test and all speaker work well. When i clic on a speaker picture, the sound comes from the good speaker. But my problem is that even the good...
April 17th 07 01:02 AM
by elkillerx Go to last post
1 190
stop codes by bigwacked
I keep recieving a stop code error when i listen to music and watch videos or tv. I have contacted dell and also have the newest bios and sound drivers.. problem is really getting me.. The stop code is 0x00000124 (0x00000000,0x85CB2B60,0xB2000000,0x00000175). Of course dell said it was a new issue, i have sent an email to sigma tel and they havent replied so i dont know what is going on. I...
April 17th 07 01:20 AM
by kevmann Go to last post
4 221
Space shown as used on hard drive disagrees greatly with folders in use by Captain Norm
Running Vista Premium Home on a 500 GB hard drive shows 80 GB used in properties pie chart. I configured win explorer to not hide system files, actually see hidden & system files in directories. If I get properties of the root & all folders, their sum is about 18 GB. How can I account for the 4X overhead shown in the pie chart? Why does the sum of the folders disagree so much with the pie...
April 17th 07 01:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 204
Visiontek Theater Pro 550 MCE compatible with Vista? by Ivan Samuelson
I have a Visiontek Theater Pro 550 MCE PCI card installed in my Vista machine. However, for whatever reason, Media Center cannot get through a scheduled recording without halting for various reasons. I've searched through the event logs and these are the various messages I get: Recording of Welcome to the Grindhouse began late on 04/03/2007 23:03:55 due to a lack of audio/video data and...
April 17th 07 02:24 AM
by Ivan Samuelson Go to last post
1 197
Stripped volume goes "Offline" permanently after a reboot by Bill Griffin
I spend 2 hours on the phone this morning with the Vista team of Microsoft Customer Support and the end result was "talk to Dell or Seagate". So I'm hoping that some of you other MSFT support folks have some info or know of someone that I can contact to get this working right. I've got a three-disk stripped set that is permanently "Offline" and will not come back using "Reactivate Disk" in...
April 17th 07 03:08 AM
by Bill Griffin Go to last post
0 186
Looking for a motherboad advice by Sall
I want advice from an intelligent who could advise me with a motherboard which has the best feature, which suite Vista with out any problem witch is causing me now with the motherboard I have, what I am looking for is a motherboard witch it could accept the feature I have: 1- P4 3.8 GHz. 2- 4 GB of memory 3- Dul 16 PCI of graphic card
April 17th 07 03:34 AM
by Drew Go to last post
8 219
no sound, sound, no sound by cheftek
when I cold start the computer ultimate vista keeps installing new sound driver, digital, but does not install analog driver. I install it get sound. If I cold start it does it again and I have to reinstall the driver for analog.
April 17th 07 03:40 AM
by cheftek Go to last post
2 212
No sound(desperate!) by bellamoose
Okay, the sound was working just fine the other day, I used my ipod, music etc..no problem. But now there is no sound and every time i click on volume control it there is no active mixer...ok. So I have gone through a million troubleshoots and a million of these posts. i can't find anything that can help. Oh and when i get to the devices thing to set my default thing it won't let me click...
April 17th 07 03:50 AM
by Swami ji Go to last post

From The