volume control icon by Jill Newbanks
Yesterday my computer shut down for some reason but is back up and running but now my volume icon on the task bar is gone. How do i get it back on. When I right click on the taskbar and open up start menu options under the system options the volume box is grey out and I am unable to check it. Any other suggestions to get this back on the taskbar????Help! -- Jill
January 12th 10 02:24 AM
by Brink Go to last post
7 370
Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM? by Brian V
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you.
January 11th 10 11:27 PM
by Brian V Go to last post
0 233
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 11th 10 08:56 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
4 368
Bizarre noise by jellygator
Hi everyone. This is a question about a computer that doesn't have Vista, but I hope someone will have the kindness and knowledge to help me anyway. I'm an intermediate/advanced computer user. I just hooked up one of my old computers for the first time in a few years. I had bought another computer because I was having trouble ridding this one of a virus that was quite persistent. I got the virus...
January 11th 10 11:28 AM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
6 391
DVD+R vs DVD+RW by JamesJ[_4_]
Is there a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW? Seems when I burn to a DVD+R I'm unable to erase the disc. I am told that it is Write-Protected by Vista Basic when I try to re-format it. But I'm able to erase and re-format the DVD+RW. James
January 10th 10 09:41 PM
by jellygator Go to last post
6 329
Bizarre noise by jellygator
Hi everyone. This is a question about a computer that doesn't have Vista, but I hope someone will have the kindness and knowledge to help me anyway. I'm an intermediate/advanced computer user. I just hooked up one of my old computers for the first time in a few years. I had bought another computer because I was having trouble ridding this one of a virus that was quite persistent. I got the virus...
January 10th 10 09:39 PM
by jellygator Go to last post
0 223
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 10th 10 07:55 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
0 191
DVD+R vs DVD+RW by JamesJ[_4_]
Is there a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW? Seems when I burn to a DVD+R I'm unable to erase the disc. I am told that it is Write-Protected by Vista Basic when I try to re-format it. But I'm able to erase and re-format the DVD+RW. James
January 10th 10 05:28 PM
by JamesJ[_4_] Go to last post
0 214
volume control icon by Jill Newbanks
Yesterday my computer shut down for some reason but is back up and running but now my volume icon on the task bar is gone. How do i get it back on. When I right click on the taskbar and open up start menu options under the system options the volume box is grey out and I am unable to check it. Any other suggestions to get this back on the taskbar????Help! -- Jill
January 10th 10 04:51 PM
by Jill Newbanks Go to last post
0 194
Won't Initialize External Hard Drive by Fishdoc
I am having problems getting Vista to recognize my Western Digital My Book hard drives (both a 500 GB and a 1 TB drive). When I plug the USB cable in it goes through the installing drivers and says it installed and the device is ready to use. However My Computer doesn't show the drive. Disk Manager tells me the drive needs to be initialized but when I try to initialize the drive I get one of...
January 10th 10 01:54 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
6 405
no disk-exception processing message 0xc0000013 by Sheryl
All of a sudden, every time I open either my DVD drive or my DVRW drive to remove a CD or DVD, I get an error saying no disk and "exception processing message 0xc0000013 parameters 0x759f023c 0x87f51935 0x759f023c 0x759f023c." I believe the only two things I did before this started happening was to update Itunes/Quicktime and update Corel PSP X2. The drives both seem to work ok so I'm not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 10 05:45 AM
by drteo66 Go to last post
11 418
resume from standby doesn't wake HDD by ED
Hi, Vista x64 SP2 with 500GB Seagate SATA HDD. I can resume from standby, but it can take up to 10 minutes for it to work again. I believe it's the HDD not waking up (powering up) immediately when it resumes (S3 Hybrid Sleep).
January 9th 10 10:37 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 219
Microsoft web cam VX-1000 troubleshooting by No13
Hello! My web cam doesn't works with Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Downloaded latest drivers, and nothing... Can you help? p.s. it worked on xp 32 bit! -- No13
January 9th 10 08:37 PM
by No13 Go to last post
0 173
Vista BSOD unusual dump by thisCoder
Greetings to all I have a pc I am recovering which has Vista Home Premium x64 SP1 installed. The computer has a BSOD just before it gets into the login screen (after windows loading) where the video goes out of sync and I cannot read the message. and also bsod happens in safemode (which I can read). I took out the hard drive and loaded it onto my winxp x64 machine and found no minidumps, just...
January 9th 10 11:23 AM
by Pavel A.[_2_] Go to last post
2 224
Vista BSOD unusual dump by Pavel A.[_2_]
"thisCoder" wrote in message ... Well for what it's worth, I decided to backup the data and just re-install Vista Home Premium. This way I can start from scratch and personally ensure all the correct drivers and patches are implemented. A wise decision. Why not to upgrade to win7 at the same time? Crash dump questions...
January 9th 10 11:23 AM
by Pavel A.[_2_] Go to last post
0 257
Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450 by bigsherv
Barcode or anyone else. I just can't get it to work. I unzipped it. Switched it to windows 2k and I still get the notice saying it is not compatible. Any suggestions? -- bigsherv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bigsherv's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31453 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=529355
January 8th 10 03:58 AM
by Big Z Go to last post
5 241
Won't Initialize External Hard Drive by Fishdoc
I am having problems getting Vista to recognize my Western Digital My Book hard drives (both a 500 GB and a 1 TB drive). When I plug the USB cable in it goes through the installing drivers and says it installed and the device is ready to use. However My Computer doesn't show the drive. Disk Manager tells me the drive needs to be initialized but when I try to initialize the drive I get one of...
January 8th 10 03:05 AM
by Fishdoc Go to last post
0 214
hard drive data retrieval by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I crashed my computer and had to buy a new one. All my email contacts are on the old computers hard drive which I kept. How do I go about retrieving my contact information off of my old hard drive? Walt
January 7th 10 08:46 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
0 211
2nd harddisk for dv7-3020 by Alan Whimp[_3_]
I bought an HP Pavilion DV7-3020sa a week ago which has 2 HDD areas but only 1 HDD fitted. I have bought an identical HDD to the one already installed to fit into the 2nd drive slot but cannot find anywhere where I can buy the lead to connect it to the mainboard. Having now tried over 15 companies, including HP, I am becoming frustrated. Does anyone know where the lead can be purchased? It is...
January 6th 10 05:09 AM
by Alan Whimp[_3_] Go to last post
0 180
bugcode_usb_error by SSV[_2_]
I occasionally will receive the blue screen of death due to a bugcode_usb error. However, every single time this has occurred I have no usb ports in use. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I'm running Vista Home Service Pack 2. Thanks! --
January 5th 10 10:06 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post

From The