USB/Bluetooth Mouse Locking Up Vista SP1 by timb
Running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1 I have a MS Bluetooth Laser Mouse 8000 connected with the MS 3.0 Bluetooth Tranceiver and ever since the SP1 upgrade, the system will periodically lock up... I have my screen and hard drives set to turn off after 10 and 30 minutes respectively, but I DO NOT have the machine set to sleep or hibernate... It's an NVidia 680i motherboard and 8800GTX Graphics...
April 6th 08 07:36 PM
by timb Go to last post
0 246
my computer won't reconize that my ipod has been put in by Bstarlet
When I plug in my apple ipod 2nd generation my computer does not reconize it but my ipod gets cahrged. Even itunes won't reconize it and I have to download new songs. I tried unplugging other things and putting in the ipod but the only thing that happens is that a charging sign shows up on my ipod.
April 6th 08 06:51 PM
by Rich T Go to last post
1 188
Fingerprint reader stops responding by Expat
I am using the fingerprint reader as follows: o Vista 32-bit Enterprise o Dell D820, 2GB RAM, 1.83GHz CPU o Fingerprint driver 3.0.0.187 The problem I have been having for some time now is that after a while (sometimes minutes but certainly hours) the fingerprint reader stops responding. I still get the icon on dialogue boxes and the reader is still illuminated, it just doesn't respond. If...
April 6th 08 05:18 PM
by Rich T Go to last post
2 197
uninstallaion help by lovingmingo
I'm trying to uninstall the morpheus program (music and movies) and my computer is telling me that the program is running and can't uninstall when it is. but its not running i've got it off my screen and everything but i can't seem to uninstall it. i dont see it running anywhere what do i do i want ot get it out of my computer please help
April 6th 08 02:59 PM
by debschevcavl Go to last post
3 187
Ready boost max capaciy by George
Does anybody know what is the maximum space of a usb stick that vista home premium 32bit can use for ready boost ? Thanks George
April 6th 08 02:55 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 217
Harddrive user access by JeBuchanan
I have a WD 750G SATA2 HDD connected to the J-Micron controller (part of my Asus P5K motherboard). Problem is, user access (and my own Admin access) is reduced to read-only on this drive. If I re-initialize the drive, access is correct for all users, but after a week, the access is again reduced. Programs using this drive can no longer write to it, causing problems when I have to...
April 6th 08 02:42 PM
by JeBuchanan Go to last post
2 189
using the Recovery Discs by TECHNICALLYanIDIOT!!!
i totally wiped out my hard drive INCLUDING THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!! do the discs have the necessary tools and programs to get EVERYTHING back?!?!?!?!? HOW????????? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 08 01:21 PM
by tomitzaurus Go to last post
10 331
Any benchmarks where ReadyBoost has really boosted? by ap2
I'm running Vista Business on a 2.4 GHz AMD LapTop machine, 2GB of RAM. Many of the operations are quite sticky when compared to the old XP machine with 1 GB memory. I was wondering if ReadyBoost would bring some speed-up to Vista. I have seen no speed increase with my current 2 GB USB Boost sticks. Then someone pointed me to this Tom's Hardware page there they have evaluated Ready...
April 6th 08 11:09 AM
by .Joe[_256_] Go to last post
9 230
MY CDROM DRIVE IS GONE by Pete n Loni[_2_]
My husband and I have the same exact computer with all the same exact programs and except he has the service pack 1 and I do not, but we were both listening to cd's 2 days ago and now neither of our computers seem to have our cdrom drives. I tried to re map the drives and I got the path from the "driver details" and our computers say the path does not exist When I go to the control panel,...
April 6th 08 09:23 AM
by Pete n Loni[_2_] Go to last post
0 166
MYCDROM DRIVE IS GONE by Pete n Loni[_2_]
My husband and I have the same exact computer with all the same exact programs and except he has the service pack 1 and I do not, but we were both listening to cd's 2 days ago and now neither of our computers seem to have our cdrom drives. I tried to re map the drives and I got the path from the "driver details" and our computers say the path does not exist When I go to the control panel,...
April 6th 08 09:13 AM
by Pete n Loni[_2_] Go to last post
0 166
Monitor not recognized after SP1 upgrade by Tomb
I have a nasty problem with my monitor not being detected after the SP1 upgrade. During the upgrade, the New Device Was found dialog came up and started looking for my monitor (Sony GDM-W900). It couldn't find it so I told it "Don't ask me again" Well, everything seemed OK until I tried to assign a profile to the monitor. The monitor was not present in the Color management settings. So, I...
April 6th 08 04:20 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
4 604
Finger pad on laptop won't work for scrolling up or down by StraightShooter
Usually, when I drag my finger up or down the side of the pad, it will scroll up or down a certain page, but it doesn't do that anymore. How would I go about fixing it?
April 6th 08 03:08 AM
by jeremy85 Go to last post
1 204
I am always running low on disk space!!! by Katie
Hello - first of all I am not the most technically savvy of people, so if you are kind enough to reply with some sort of offer of help, the more detailed the explanation is the better it is for me. Otherwise I just get confused. Ok I have an acer laptop which for various and assorted reasons I want to throw out the window. Problem of course is that I can't afford another laptop so I am...
April 5th 08 11:44 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 234
Optical USB Mouse turning on and off by Tmac
My Logitech Optical Laser USB Mouse has just recently begun turning on and off whenever it feels like it. I have used the mouse for years and all seemed good. I got a new laptop 5 months ago with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and the mouse worked fine, but a few days ago my laptop froze up and I was forced to hold down the power button to restart it. When it rebooted the mouse will work for a while...
April 5th 08 11:00 PM
by Tmac Go to last post
7 185
Adding a program to Autorun options for a digital camera by Rich[_4_]
Does anyone know how to add a program such as Microsoft's Digital Image Suite Import Wizard to the Vista Autorun options for a digital camera? I have found registry entries that will add it to the Pictures section of the Autorun Control Panel but it does not appear for my digital camera (Canon SD950IS).
April 5th 08 10:51 PM
by Rich[_4_] Go to last post
4 185
Realtek AC'97 Audio driver 6.0.1.6285 available in Windows Update by GT
Realtek AC'97 Audio driver 6.0.1.6285 (3/25/2008) available in Windows Update This thing fix the Audio Enhancements Problem pop-up message when right clicking sound in the system tray. This version is not available in realtek website.
April 5th 08 10:01 PM
by GT Go to last post
0 162
new processor - bluescreen by Lare
hi! i installed new Intel E6750 processor and now i'm getting bluescreen.. sometimes at startup and sometimes after using computer for few minutes and it's never the same reason.. memorycheck says that i have some kinda hardware problem but my motherboard should support new processor i have Vista 32-bit, Asus Commando motherboard, 4 x Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN ddr2 (total 4 GB), XFX...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 08 04:44 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
13 328
Firewire 800 by R. P.
Does Vista support this faster standard?
April 5th 08 04:40 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 246
I can hear WMPlayer through bluetooth but nothing else. Help! by Txrailhorns
I have a 2 yo Dell E1705 w/o bluetooth. I wanted to listen to web broadcasts without bothering my family so i bought a USB bluetooth adapter. I had to go to bluesoleil website for driver and downloaded it. I can hear my windows media player through my headset but nothing else. Can someone help with settings?
April 5th 08 04:40 PM
by Txrailhorns Go to last post
0 175
Installed Seagate 200GB in New HP Vista Machine - No drive Letter?? by JohnSk
Hope you can help. I took a IDE 200GB drive from my old machine and installed it my new Vista HP Pavilion a6230n for backup/storage. The a6230n came with a SATA drive (400GB). I used the IDE connection on the motherboard for the 200GB drive and tried Cable Select, Master, and Slave. Problem is that I can not get the 200GB drive to show-up when I click on the "Computer" icon. I can see...
April 5th 08 03:41 PM
by JohnSk Go to last post

From The