Windows Vista USB devices 'remove safely' by Ashish
Hi, I recently installed windows vista. I noticed that when I choose 'Remove safely' option for USB devices from task bar, the OS reports successful disconnection, but the USB device still keeps on charging (It seems to be receiving power). But in Windows XP, this was not so. Those LED's use to turn of once I do the above action. Is this a change in Windows Vista or there is some other...
April 5th 08 11:53 AM
by Chris Michaelides[_2_] Go to last post
6 203
Dock/Undock profile by Filipe
Hello! I didn't find the option dock/undock profile on windows vista? I need to recreate docked profile to check if we can solve some screen resolution problems when you switch from docked to undocked profile. -- Filipe
April 5th 08 08:47 AM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
1 189
Upgrade from Vista Basic to Ultimate and now no sound by Vegasmellie
I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now I have no output device installed. How do I get my sound back? Help!
April 5th 08 08:39 AM
by raymundka[_7_] Go to last post
1 173
Windows Media Player 11 Burning & Reburning by theparkers
I have used for some time now Media Player 11 to burn DVD's but all of a sudden when you burn it starts preparing and burning then goes back and starts burning again to completion, therefore when you try to play your burnt copy it doesn't read it. Can anyone please tell me how to rectify this problem as I have now wasted a lot of blank DVD'S:confused: -- theparkers Posted via...
April 5th 08 05:56 AM
by theparkers Go to last post
0 180
Help! Mouse Wheel Scrolling Resizes Screens by therock[_9_]
Got a weird one. Maybe a Ctrl button stuck but need to ask. When I scroll the mouse wheel text size changes like the Ctrl key is pressed. In word, webb browsers, and so on. Any one? Any way to disable the Ctrl press and scroll text or screen zoom? --
April 5th 08 04:55 AM
by therock[_10_] Go to last post
2 228
Ext HD triggers new device, Won't install by GettingOld
I have had recent problems installing external hd's on Vista 64. I have run into problems with USB2.0 as well as eSATA. The drive will appear under the device manager under "disk drives". But it triggers the new harware wizard, which can't load a driver, which leads to an unknown device being listed. Even when the unknown device is listed the drive still appears under "disk...
April 4th 08 11:08 PM
by el Stiko Go to last post
8 183
Microphone auto Pop-Up by Rob5251
Before when i pluged in my mic a pop-up would come up asking me about 5 different things this first said microphone. so i clicked it an my mic worked fine. then next time i noticed a box saying dont show this next time. i thought this would save it as microphone but now my mic dont work an the pop-up is gone and i dont know how to get it back... If anyone knows how to get that pop-up back...
April 4th 08 10:44 PM
by Rob5251 Go to last post
1 161
Microphone pop-up auto use by Rob5251
This is for anyone that has lost the mic pop-up screen due to checking the do not show this box. for help goto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUayUKxoOkc watch that video it should help you! good luck guys!
April 4th 08 10:40 PM
by Rob5251 Go to last post
0 165
Power Management Settings by Radiolistener
Hi All, I'm trying to get the power management on my computer to work. I set it as a power user with the monitors powering down in 20 minutes. The monitors never power down. Is there some kind of diagnostic tool or FAQ that I can check on this issue? Thank in advance,
April 4th 08 09:30 PM
by davidjchuang[_134_] Go to last post
2 179
About Motherboard by enriquebeltran
My friend gave me his computer, and it has installed Windows Vista. What do I have to do in order to get the entire configuration, especially the Brand and Model of the Motherboard, because I want to install a Video Card ( a Ge Force), and probably a Sound Card too. Thanks for your time and excuse for my english.
April 4th 08 08:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 215
Moto S9 and Gateway Laptop with Bluetooth by rwnorris
Boy am I going crazy. A brand new laptop and brand new S9 Moto stereo headphones. I pair them to the computer and it acknowledges them. However, I get no sound whatsoever from the headphones. The Bluetooth screen show they are there as both a stereo headphones as well as a wireless headset. Can anyone help with this one? I have gone to Motorola and downloaded the latest driver, which was...
April 4th 08 07:55 PM
by rwnorris Go to last post
5 243
Several RAM and FSB Questions by February
Hi every one, I have been wondering something, I have a motherboard with 1600 MHz FSB support. My current cpu is a 1333 MHz one, and my rams are DDR-2 667, which means 1333 mhz. So my FSB:DRAM ratio is 1:1. P.SO.: I do not over clock my system. The questions I have are these: Since my CPU is 1333, if I install DDR-2 800 rams, my ratio will be 5:4 or something like that.
April 4th 08 06:00 PM
by radercad[_2_] Go to last post
4 184
AD2P support by kanniya
hi i am trying to connect a sony bluetooth stereo headset (DR-BT21G). It pairs easilly and i am able to use it as a head phone for voice chats, but i am not able to listen to music / movies from my lpatop. the laptop has Vista with the SP1 installed. when ever i play any music it skips and ther is also a delay for every 2 sec of music. The same problem occurs when i pair it with a phone...
April 4th 08 03:13 PM
by kanniya Go to last post
0 150
Hit and Miss with DVD Drives in Vista by SwiftImmortal_1
I have a Lite-On DVD burner that's about 2 years old. For a while now whenever I put any type of disc in it (CD, CD-R, DVD, DVD-R, etc.), Vista treats it as though it were blank. In the drive properties it shows that there is information on the disc, but when I try to access it, it comes up with "prepare this blank disc." I've done a firmware update that I got from the Lite-On website that was...
April 4th 08 03:03 PM
by SwiftImmortal_1 Go to last post
0 171
Firewire IEEE 1394 Ports On USB hub not working by Martyn[_2_]
hi, i bought a USB/Firewire combo hub for my laptop (using vista 32-bit) and when i try using firewire hardware (edirol FA-66 audio interface) the bus power works but the PC can't see the hardware. im not sure if my laptop's firewire enabled, is there a page on here where i'd be able to download a driver to make the firewire ports work? thanks
April 4th 08 02:35 PM
by Martyn[_2_] Go to last post
0 213
Samsung 206BW Help!!!!! by dill3377
A couple of weeks ago I installed a game called tiberian sun and had no problems with anything. A couple days ago I tried instaliing it with a different serial number because the game's from 1999 and the serial was invalid for online. So eventually after installing it about 3 times I just installed the game and the expansion like before. Now before all of this happened (right before the...
April 4th 08 12:18 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 189
Resolution Problems by Rusty1971
I am unsure what has caused my problem, so I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on it for me. I am running, Vista Business 32bit, Intel Duo 6750, Gigabyte P35-DS3P MB, XFX 8800GT 512mb (Factory OC), 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2, Viewsonic VX2235wm Monitor. (That should be enough info) Everything had been working fine, but without any changes to hardware, software or drivers I now...
April 4th 08 05:03 AM
by Peter Tolarovic[_2_] Go to last post
3 176
Losing DVD after updates by Cervantes
After installing the updates I have lost my DVD. I have tried to detect hardware changes, tried to delete the filters( they wasn't even there). I am starting to get really fed up with this. Any help would be nice
April 4th 08 01:17 AM
by Cervantes Go to last post
0 142
Bluetooth problems by tinchote[_3_]
(I asked this question in the general forum, only afterwards I noticed that this group was available) Hi, I have an Acer 5920 which includes a Bluetooth adapter. I pair a bluetooth GPS with no problems, and any program can open the port and communicate with the GPS. But if I put the laptop to sleep, when I wake it up the GPS still connects to the laptop, but the port cannot be opened anymore....
April 3rd 08 11:24 PM
by tinchote[_4_] Go to last post
2 186
Problems with PCMCIA network card and the dreaded Code 10 error by Xenor
All, I have a home built Vista Ultimate machine which I am attempting to setup in a "remote" location in my house with wireless. The plan is to utilize a Linksys Draft N PCMCIA card (Model WPC4400N) in a Rosewill PCMCIA to PCI card installed in my machine. I have already tested the WPC4400N in my laptop and it works fine. The Rosewill PCMCIA to PCI card also appears to install without...
April 3rd 08 10:01 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post

From The