Motherboard change vista sp1 32bit by George
I am planning to change my motherboard.I use vista home premium 32bit oem version. Do I need to format? If so will I be able to activate windows ? Thanks George
April 3rd 08 06:03 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 187
Sun GDM5410 monitor is it compatible with Vista by maxmanners
Hi I have just purchased a Sun GDM5410 Sony Monitor. It works okay on my XP computer but does not work on my Vista Business computer, is their a solution? Thanks Max
April 3rd 08 04:36 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
3 220
New BETA nVidia GeForce drivers ver. 174.74 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New BETA nVidia GeForce drivers ver. 174.74: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_174.74.html Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs: GeForce 9800 GX2 GeForce 9600 GT GeForce 8300 GeForce 8200
April 3rd 08 03:04 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 304
This operation requires an interactive window station by Guru
Hello, I am trying to install my Lexmark scanner and I get the error message saying "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." "This operation requires an interactive window station". If anyone can help with this it would be great because there are forums all over the internet with people that have this problem and no...
April 3rd 08 03:56 AM
by sheitmar Go to last post
5 1,071
Changing drive icons/labels for multi-card readers in My Computer by Dom
I recently added a multi-card reader to my desktop running Vista Premium. Now in My Computer, I have 4 drive letters, and each is labeled as "Removable Drive". I've been experimenting trying to get them to show up with an icon that corresponds to the type of card that particular drive reads. Now I'm no whiz, but so far what I've been able to figure out is this: If I use the registry and...
April 2nd 08 09:40 PM
by wazza Go to last post
1 139
usb mass storage device problem by shimmershine
i had a friend "mount" (correct term?) the harddrive from my old laptop(compaq presario, circa 2003) and it is now repurposed as a USB mass storage device. it contains all of my important files from my old laptop.i have not plugged it in about 9 months. i just plugged it into my new dell inspiron laptop. device manager says "device functioning properly." i also have plug in/out sounds and a...
April 2nd 08 07:11 PM
by shimmershine Go to last post
0 163
Internal Card Reader??? by jconjura
Hello I'm looking for an internal card reader that has support for 64 bit drivers. I can not for the life of me find one that does. So basically I'm looking for a card reader with a 9 pin usb 2.0 interface that works with Vista Ultimate x64 any help would be much appreciated. System Specs. Vista Ultimate x64 sp1 3.0 GHz duel core (x2) Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB 4 GB corsair DDR2 ram 1066 MHz
April 2nd 08 06:33 PM
by jconjura Go to last post
0 178
How To update firmware by DaxTuner
How do you need to update your firmware from your dvd-writer? mine is a samsung SH-S182D who can help me ! grz, Jerre
April 2nd 08 06:08 PM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
2 167
USB speakers by RR
I recently bought usb powered speakers (Divoom Morro 220) for my laptop. My laptob is Vista home basic based (with update 1). My problem is that no speaker, (usb powered or other types of power speakers), wants to work. No sound comes through. Is there anyone who had experienced this kind of problem or have a solution for the problem? Thank you RR
April 2nd 08 04:00 PM
by RR Go to last post
4 204
auto play by Surma
I accidentally clicked the take no action button on auto play when I plugged my microphone from my headset. now it will not show up on my computer or anything when I plug it in to my computer. I am running Windows Vista home basic and have looked into my auto play settings and have not found a solution, my microphone does not show up. I tried everything that microsoft help said but nothing...
April 2nd 08 12:06 PM
by Surma Go to last post
0 158
Vista not detecting floppy? by Gareth[_2_]
Hopefully someone can help - I've read through Google that a few people have had this problem but so far there doesn't seem to be a solution. I'm using a dual boot XP/Vista Home system with an (old) A7N8X mobo. The mobo works pretty well with Vista (other than some sound driver and possibly 3Com ethernet driver problems). The floppy drive (a:) works perfectly using XP (and on boot up) but it...
April 2nd 08 11:38 AM
by Gareth[_2_] Go to last post
0 154
Occasionally no POST beep ? by Wonderman
Running a SONY VAIO Pentium D with Ultimate SP1 and every now and then when I do a restart or a hard reboot the machine will sit there. All the drives run but no joy and no beep.. Then I turn it off and it may start or it may not. This machine is getting near three years old and is on 18+ hours a day. Everything else is fine and there are no other issues with it. I am thinking it may be...
April 2nd 08 07:32 AM
by mc0584[_2_] Go to last post
7 235
Firewire device disconnecting with 0x80070037 by Comment box returns to same location
I have an external ATA drive connected to my PC using a firewire connection. I managed to copy lots of data onto it a few months ago for archive purposes. Many of the files are very large and if I try to copy them from it onto the main PC drives it starts the copy, halts, seems to be calculating the time it will take then it finally fails with "Error 0x80070037: The specified network...
April 2nd 08 03:42 AM
by sarcasmatron Go to last post
1 227
mp4 player wont charge via usb(vista) by issy
tried with player power on and off
April 2nd 08 03:23 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
3 187
USB Headset problem (volume too low) by Daniel Vaz
Hi, I have this USB headset, LX-3000, since January, and it always had great sound and volume. Last week I got a notebook, and tried connecting the headset to it. Since then, the headset's volume is too low too hear anything on both PC (both have Vista) Any idea? Thanks in Advance,
April 2nd 08 03:20 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
Motherboard Driver Loss on Re-boot by Dominic
(when gaming) I am running VISTA Business (Service Pack 1) with an Asus M2V Mobo. The processer is a AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.4 GHZ. Whenever the system reboots, VISTA re-installs the drivers for the Motherboard (ATA controller etc. etc.) Windows Defender is off. I am using the Asus VISTA drivers. Also, I have noted that VISTA frame rates are noticeably lower than the same system with XP...
April 2nd 08 03:14 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 154
4gb memory with vista ultimate by Jon Pope[_2_]
I AM IN HEAVEN MY SYSTEM SEES ALL OF IT on the 32BIT OS
April 1st 08 11:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 216
iPod and other USB devices not working with Vista by Matt
"John Boy" wrote: Mithun wrote: Hey, I justed installed my copy of vista (clean install). Vista doesn't seem to recognize USB devices which were designed for plug&play. My iPod & External DVD writer do not work. Vista recognizes them but cannot find a driver to install. My iPod-iTunes software is up-to-date and have re-installed couple of times but cant get vista to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 08 11:34 PM
by jake Go to last post
14 287
ACER Laptop & Defective USB Ports by Richard
A relative new ACER laptop stopped working with USB hardware. Vista reports, when a USB device is plugged in, that the device is defective. We have confirmed that the USB device and drivers are just fine. I suspect a defective mother board. A reformat of the HD and reinstall of Vista did not cure the problem. Any suggestions before it goes back to ACER? Richard
April 1st 08 08:03 PM
by acer laptop[_2_] Go to last post
3 158
Drive acts as DVD drive for cd and CD Drive for dvd off and on by Rei76
My disk drive says all my drivers are up to date, so that's not the problem. I have a brand new Toshiba satellite notebook and I'm running Vista Home Premium. Every so often when I put in a cd-rw to copy some files, only the D: drive - the DVD burner shows and it formats as a DVD. Vice versa with the DVD-RW: it shows only the E: drive - the CD-RW drive. I can't figure out how to tell this...
April 1st 08 05:42 PM
by Rei76 Go to last post

From The