In-Built Microphone by FPKellinka
I have a dell inspiron 1520 and all i really want to know is where is the in-built microphone. i know how to use it but its always really quiet so i want to know where it is so i can get better use out of it. If not, then how do i turn up the volume? thanks
April 1st 08 05:38 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
1 154
what drivers do i install? by T5
windows Vista Home Premium x 64bit AMD dual core x64 bit 3800+ 300gb hdd Asus A8N-E Mobo socket 939 Nvidia Geoforce 6800LE Belkin F5D7000 wireless G networking card (will not show in device manager) even with 64 bit driver update Blackgold TV tuner card (will not show in device manager) even with 64 bit driver update
April 1st 08 04:24 PM
by Pete Stavrakoglou Go to last post
7 201
Problem with automatic backup on a Seagate External Hard Drive by keystonepat
I had not had a problem for a while when One Care tried to automatically back up my files on a Seagate external hard drive. I was told that this EHD was not compatible with the Viusta 64 bit, but it backed up files anyway. Now I'm told that there is a corruptible file?? in the EHD and automatic backup is not occurring. I can send file sto the EHD, though. What would be a good external...
April 1st 08 03:47 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
2 178
USB Devices not recognized by gspam1
I'm running Vista x64 Home Premium. Vista won't frequently find USB devices that are plugged in. For example, my Blackberry isn't recognized anymore, a Dymo scale, etc. Rebooting hasn't helped. Add Hardware doesn't find anything. Any suggestions? Thanks! --
April 1st 08 02:24 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
6 215
Using multiple graphic cards by Björn Smedberg
Greetings! I've got 2 displays atached to my ATI X1950XT wich has 2 DVI connectors. Now the thing is that I would like to install a third display using my second graphic card ( NOTE! its different ) its a old PCI with only one vga but how do I install it in VISTA? Does Vista support multiple graphic drivers? Yours Björn Smedberg
April 1st 08 01:23 PM
by Björn Smedberg[_2_] Go to last post
7 294
Problems formatting a hard drive in Vista by Spuggy88
I'm using Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire laptop, and recently I lost access to half my hard drive. I rang my manufacturers support line, and they told me how to create a new vloume using disk management. However, when i double click it, it says it needs to be formatted. After waiting a long time (twice!) for the volume to format, it reaches 100% completion and then an error message...
April 1st 08 09:28 AM
by andy Go to last post
6 223
Entertainment Desktop 7000 by RLBilly
I've installed on my W1070 Packard Bell, running Windows Vista Home Premium w/o SP1. When I logon, I receive a tons of windows messages "HOTKEY ERROR", complaining that something happens at an address ... To stop this process I have to select the last error message and start hit the space bar ( click the "OK" button ), up to the first error window is closed. A new window is displayed telling...
April 1st 08 08:05 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
2 196
No video Output with dual monitors by Chadly
Hey peps if i could get some help here i would much appreciate it. I have a Nvidia 7800 which i recently hooked up another monitor too(dual dvi) I now have no video from media player, quicktime, etc.. Only web based video works(which is weird because the web based video is running wmp. When i unplug monitor 2 the video works fine again, after a reboot and the like of course. Anyone know wuts...
April 1st 08 05:09 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
5 192
Vista keeps losing my printer drivers! by RaisingAlexis
Any time I have to unplug my USB printer, I have to re-install the printer drivers. How can I fix this?
April 1st 08 02:49 AM
by cqui3 Go to last post
6 177
Docking and Undocking screws up the resolution on my second monito by Jaymz
docking my laptop. I'm a mobile person, which requires me to dock and undock my laptop several times per day. My setup is: a Dell Latitude D630 with a Dell docking station. While at I have 20" plugged into the DVI port. The problem is that Vista does not know what to do when I dock and undock my laptop. When undocked, I can usually fix any anomoly by using my function-F8 key Undocking isn't...
March 31st 08 11:46 PM
by Jaymz Go to last post
0 159
USB Flash drive and sync center with data files by JAM
Hello, I want to use Vista's sync center with a USB flash drive, but I only see the option for media files. Is there any way to change that and allow me to sync data files with my PC?
March 31st 08 11:40 PM
by JAM Go to last post
0 178
Vista freezes after Windows Update (crcdisk.sys, LAN, bios) by [email protected]
This is a public service announcement to help solve what appears to be a common problem but that ASUS and Microsoft don't seem to care about. APPLIES TO ASUS F3S series Notebooks SYMPTOMS Machine was working fine until a Windows Update caused machine to
March 31st 08 10:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 276
S3 mode doesnt work by _Mark_
I have a MSI K9A2 CF motherboard which works fine with Vista except using S3 mode in BIOS.. The previous ASUS board worked fine in this mode until it flamed out. The problem is that once I come out of sleep mode, everything works except for corruption from the video card. The card is a EVGA 8800 GTS with the latest Nvidia drivers installed. Any ideas here..
March 31st 08 09:59 PM
by _Mark_ Go to last post
0 221
After Vista upgrade, 2nd HD can't be accessed by Ben
Upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP. Boot drive is fine, but my 2nd drive, which is only used to store pictures, cannot be accessed. I know all the data is still there, because McAfee will scan the drive. My desktop picture is also still present. When in explorer and I click on the drive letter D, I get this message: "D:\ is not accessible. Access Denied". Any suggestions? Am i...
March 31st 08 08:22 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
4 198
The mouse cursor and the mouse hot spot are not the same location. by Martin
This is a weird problem, but my mouse cursor and the mouse hot spot are not the same location. The actual hot spot is 16 pixels up and 16 pixles to the left of the cursor. The easy way to demostrate this is to run Microsoft Paint and draw a free hand line. The line will be draw at the 16,16 pixel offset from the actual cursor location. This problem shows up in various programs, not just...
March 31st 08 02:34 PM
by Martin Go to last post
0 165
My disk is getting corrupt all the time by jpedrosa[_2_]
Something has been bothering me a lot in Vista 64 Ultimate SP1. Every now and then, when Windows starts, it says my disk structure is corrupt and I should run chkdsk in order to fix it. When I try to run CHKDSK under Vista, I get a "insufficient disk space to fix master table (MFT)", and CHKDSK aborts. I can't create folders, files, Windows Update fails ... The good thing is a have a dual boot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 08 02:29 PM
by JW Go to last post
13 444
dxdiag not showing the correct video driver version. by Bruce G.
I updated the drivers for the ATI card in my laptop and I'm running into 2 problems: 1) Vista won't accept anything but signed drivers ( tried installing the newest 8.451 drivers from ATI and Vista doesn't show they are installed), and 2) dxdiag is not showing the correct driver version when it has a signed driver (have version 8.31 but is reported as 7.14). Can anyone help me with this?
March 31st 08 02:22 PM
by JW Go to last post
9 185
attach photos to e-mail by Edg1
My wife wants to know how to attach pictures that she has in our computer to an email. We have a Dell 530 with Windows home vista, and yahoo is our homepage.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 08 10:58 AM
by davidjchuang[_105_] Go to last post
12 297
MS Mouse/USB by stewart a mc names
On my dell laptop the mouse now is frozen upon start-up. Re-installing IP32Eng6.20.182.0.exe did nothing. ? tia, stu
March 31st 08 03:31 AM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
2 220
Printer's copies small to read by davidjchuang[_103_]
I was reading some of Shawn's Tutorials, and I decided to make copies with my printer. The size of the words are a little small to read.I wonder if someone knows how to make it larger. My printer is Lexmark x2470 all-in-one. It's brand new. Thank you. -- davidjchuang
March 31st 08 01:56 AM
by davidjchuang[_103_] Go to last post

From The