  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Hard-drive corruption question by M Skabialka
I have a hard drive that stopped functioning when other hardware was added to the system. I ran diagnostics from the manufacturer website which said nothing was wrong. I have added that drive to three other computers as a primary or slave, or in an external USB case. Each time the computer will not boot past the intial windows flag screen, and BSOD shows errors in ntfs.sys. If I boot to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 09 02:12 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
38 1,038
SO Vi$ta means death to a lot of old hardware devices.... by Man-wai Chang
Is this ethical and environment-friendly? -- .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19.2 ^ ^ 21:08:01 up 1 day 20 min 0 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 19th 07 05:23 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
38 486
How do you set up Vista on a SATA drive? by M Skabialka
Decided I needed a new PC, so bought and assembled all new components and started to install Vista Business. The HDD is a 500GB SATA drive, the DVD/RW is SATA. 8 GB RAM, but took that down to 4 GB since it isn't Vista 64bit edition.. Anyway, Vista started to install but got a BSOD within a minute. Checked all hardware settings and tried again, and again. Every time it gets a different...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 08 09:51 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
37 561
eSATA Drive Question by pbl
I need to get a new external HDD for my laptop and I'm thinking of getting an eSATA drive. My question is this: Can any HDD be turned into an eSATA drive by housing it an enclosure which has an eSATA port or is there something special about SATA drives? I'm not sure whether I should buy an already enclosed SATA or buy the HDD and the enclosure separately (cheaper option). Thanks for your help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 08 07:42 PM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
36 1,214
Can't find my Card Reader or driver by [email protected]
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 09 02:00 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
36 874
vista WON'T boot with 4gb by Violent Ken[_5_]
help me vista gurus. after using this PC about 1 month i finally got my RMA replacement of 2gbRAM everything is 100% stable with 2GB, but when i add the 2nd 2gb vista will not boot. something about sptd.exe failed or corrupt. however BOTH 2gb kits boot vista and work perfectly alone, but all 4gb in at once will not boot
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 08 05:47 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
36 586
nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys by Depops
I am using Vista Home Premium on: Athlon64 3000 MSI GeForce 7800GT GA-K8NF-9 motherboard 2GB RAM Every time I tried to install, the installer would BSOD near the end when it tried to load my video drivers. The BSOD pointed to nvlddmkm.sys. I was finally able to complete an install by letting this happen, then booting from the disc and using the command prompt to delete nvlddmkm.sys. When the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 10 08:05 AM
by Strider Ryu Go to last post
36 1,770
Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices? by Tim Sagstetter
My computer includes an HDMI output port on an ADD2 card. The card is internally connected to the High Definition Audio Device header on the main board to provide audio output via the HDMI jack. The computer also has typical 7.1 audio output via ST jacks and an SPDIF jack. The only way I've found to switch among the audio output devices is to use Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 10 06:25 PM
by Rhodri MM-D Go to last post
34 1,835
Vista is unable to find drivers by eLC
My Vista Business install is now unable to find device drivers by itself. This used to work before I installed Daemon Tools v4.08, which I have now uninstalled, but it did not resolve my problem. When plugging in eg. a thumb drive, Vista used to detect it, and then install the native driver automatically. Now it shows up with a "No driver found" dialog, and I have to point it to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 07 03:59 AM
by OzBoy[_6_] Go to last post
34 519
Dual Boot Instructions by DavidG
Hi I'm wanting to create a dual boot for my PC. I would like to use 2 separate HDDs. One HDD has Vista Business (current) and the other proposed HDD will have XP. I would like to locate some good user-friendly instructions on how to do this by downloading from a web site, or maybe someone on the group has a set of instructions. Could someone assist please? Is there a good site on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 09 04:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
34 1,894
USB Flash drives not recognized by AOTech
Under Vista Ultimate, when I insert a flash drive, the OS does not recognize it as a USB Mass storage device, and prompts for drivers. Here are some details: 1. This system was upgraded from XP 2. A Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1GB flash drive was installed prior to the upgrade (this device is the only thumbdrive that works) 3. A USB card reader is present (system allocates 4 removable disks) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 10 06:57 AM
by Vinoy Vijayan Go to last post
32 1,335
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 10 08:25 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
32 1,332
Installed Usable Memory by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (SP2), with 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, CA Security Suite, MBAB, SuperAntiSpyware Professional, Cleaner and Spybot search and destroy on an Acer Aspire T180 desktop. All WU's are current and the machine is working just great. About 6 months ago I noticed a reduction in the amount of usable installed memory. I have 2048 MB of installed RAM in 3 slots (512 MB, 512...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 10 03:19 PM
by Paul Calcagno Go to last post
32 937
Speed differences between 32-bit and 64-bit Vista? by Phillip Pi
Hi. Since I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista Ultimate Edition on my old test machine (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, Athlon 64 3200+ , 512 MB of RAM, SATA HDD, etc.), I notice the speeds are identical. I can't see and feel any improvements. I did install the ATI Radeon 9600 AIW drivers to help the video speed, but I just don't see the speed differences. Am I expecting too much or missing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 07 04:46 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
32 713
DWA-547 D-link Wireless by Dan
Hi, I have a DWA-547 Wireless adaptator from d-link. The drivers for xp are bad for Vista RTM. Do you have the same problem with this PCI wireless card ? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 08 02:52 AM
by Rick Nichols Go to last post
32 665
Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card by jammiedodger80
Installed Vista yesterday, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is my card reader. It'll read all of my 128mb, 256mb, 512mb and 1gb SD cards no problem, but won't read my 2gb card. Instead, it gives the message "you need to format the disk in drive X: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" Now, if say yes, it brings up the "format disk" box, but shows the capacity as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 13 04:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
32 4,526
Which video Adapter supports dual display in Vista? by Andrea M. Gates
Which video adpater, single card, support dual display in Vista? Prefer low cost cards. For office use in 4 buildings, around 200 systems. Not for game. No need for fancy graphics.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 9th 08 10:09 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
32 595
Why doesn't Windows recognise my DVD burner? by Ben
Hi folks, I have a Liteon SHM-165P6S DVD-RW device and I can write discs with 3rd-party tools such as DeepBurner, but Vista doesn't recognise its burning capabilities. For example, the 'DVD Burner' list in DVD Maker is empty. Any ideas why this may be? How can I resolve this lack of Windows functionality? cheers,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 9th 07 09:19 AM
by robert de nerdo Go to last post
32 464
MAt****a dvd-ram uj-8505 ata not working by Torz
HI I am having massive problems with my dvd drive, a while ago it started refusing to burn audio cd's for me, tbh I didnt do anything about it at the time. More recently it is now refusing to play any dvd's or normal audio cds, progams or games. The auto run does not even start. If I go into my computer I can see the dvd drive but if I click on it it trys to tell me that the drive is empty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 14th 08 07:58 PM
by Torz Go to last post
31 662
If i got OEM Vista am i Screwed by Brandon W
I want to update some of the hardware in my computer and my friend said that if you get OEM Vista you are not alound to update your hardware unless you buy another copy of vista... and that sounds insane is this true?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 21st 08 09:08 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The