  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Linksys adaptor not being recognized by Randy P
Running a linksys wmp54GS wireless adaptor with Vista 32 bit PC. Dell XPS410 Intel Duo core 6400 2.13 2gb ram nvidia 7900GS card Reason for trying to get correct card IDed: Having blue screen crashes and reboot randomly daily and Dell tech wants me to eleminate all hardware 1st. Did Chkdsk routine and set up to stop auto restart to catch the code, am
March 19th 07 05:12 PM
by jerryw4386 Go to last post
1 84
can i stop my computer searching windows update for drivers? by majestic_12
whenever i install a new device, my computer insists on searching windows update for the driver. inevitably it fails and i ask it to search the hard drive and of course it finds the necessary drivers. my question is, how can i set vista to search my hard drive first and then if all else fails, try windows update
October 23rd 07 10:20 PM
by majestic_12 Go to last post
0 84
Turning of auto dectection of displays by Mike
How do you turn off the auto dectetion of displays on Vista. I have a laptop that has a resolultion of 1920 x1200 and the display I am plugging in only has 1280 x1024. So it tries to make the external display as primary but I dont want that.
August 7th 07 04:32 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 84
dvd drive wont work by michael g
when i insert a disc into the drive, nothing will show up, as if it doesnt read it. I've put in multiple discs, dvds, cds, ect but it wont read. When i double click it in the computer section, it says insert a cd even though there is already one in there.
May 23rd 07 12:37 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 85
How do I use the web cam? by web cam trouble how to start it
I don't know how to start the web cam on my laptop. It is built in, but I don't know how to turn it on. Can someone please help?
December 27th 07 01:00 AM
by web cam trouble how to start it[_2_] Go to last post
2 85
Keyboard Properties icon by JacksoninMV
My keyboard key strokes are slow so I want to change the settings. When I go to control panel, classic view no keyboard icon exists. When I to the standard Vista view and click on the hardware and sound icon there is still no keyboard icon. How do I change my keyboard character repeat speed? -- Jackson in MV
December 11th 07 01:57 AM
by JacksoninMV Go to last post
0 85
USR805417a Wireless PCI Adapter Issue by mxwalker
I currently use Vista Ultimate and have recently purchased a USR805417a Wireless PCI Adapter. All the documentation plus the USR website states that the drivers will load automatically under Vista. However, although Vista does indeed find the drivers, it always fails with the error 'File Not Found'. If I use the Windows Update website, it also fails with 'File Not Found' but this time I can...
October 30th 07 07:20 PM
by mxwalker Go to last post
0 85
monitor goes blank by sharon leigh
i noticed that every 30 minutes or so when i am playing media player radio stations and solitaire that my screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on. what could this mean? any help would be appreciated.
October 23rd 07 08:01 PM
by sharon leigh Go to last post
0 85
Windows Vista and Hardware by HalPick56
I bought my mother a new computer and it came loaded with Windows Vista. She is experiencing a problem with the monitor periodically going black and then coming back on. After a few times of doing this.....a message pops up and says that the display driver has experienced a problem and recovered. Is this a problem with the Windows Vista drivers? Do I need to try to download a new driver...
October 22nd 07 04:52 PM
by Charlie Go to last post
2 85
HP Scanjet 3300 by Sam[_4_]
HP Scanjet 3300 HP is no longer supporting HP Scanjet 3300 for Vista. Anyone know any work arounds for someone who's not super technical (I can follow directions, but don't know all the specific terms). Is there any hopes of Microsoft offering drivers for these type of hardware.
September 20th 07 11:36 PM
by John Go to last post
2 85
Have to click "Switch User" for Fingerprint Reader to log me in by nLinked
On Windows Vista, my Microsoft Fingerprint Reader will let me login with it if I am not currently logged in. But if I am logged in and I lock the workstation (Windows key + L), I cannot use the Fingerprint Reader to log me in. It says "Unknown user" when I touch it, even though I am the same user. So I have to click "Switch User", wait for my username to come up again, and login with the...
September 2nd 07 01:40 PM
by c60 Go to last post
2 85
Sharing dial-up via Wi Fi by Igor[_3_]
Please help me to share dial-up connection between 2 laptops, laptops are connected via Wi Fi using ad-hoc connection. I can see public folders on both laptops via Wi Fi wthout any problems, but if I try to surf the internet via shared dial-up connection of one of the laptopth the Internet explorer could not open any sites. If I go to "Network and Sharing Center" in the description field of...
February 7th 08 05:01 PM
by Igor[_3_] Go to last post
0 85
installing web cam problems on vista by philrazor
When i try to install my pentax camera as a webcam using the CD rom that came with the camera, it automatically opens an installer based on the old windows MX kind of interface. Then a windows vista pop up comes up, asking for a file stream.sys. the thing is that it won't find it although it is actually there in the windows-system32-drivers folder. I don't understand why it won't find it...
May 17th 07 10:08 AM
by philrazor Go to last post
0 85
hardware installs? by kathyww[_3_]
my computer wont let me install anything it says it cant find the software and i know ive installed all the right drivers. anyway i found out its a fault with vista and the solution is to delete c:\windows\inf\infcache.1 but when i finally found the file it said it couldnt be opened so click on a file. so now when i find this file it opens my media centre, and i still cant install any hardware,...
November 4th 07 06:51 PM
by Ballistic Go to last post
1 86
HP Touchsmart camera by Jo MacArthur
I have an HP Touchsmart with a built-in camera that doesn't seem to want to work with Yahoo Messenger. I have trouble seeing the camera visage of the person I am communicating with, as well. If I can hear her, I cannot see her. If I see her, I cannot hear her. Now, the camera does not pass the "Save to File" test. What to do to actually install this built-in correctly, as if I should have...
November 18th 07 05:53 PM
by Jo MacArthur Go to last post
0 86
Yellow Line during Startup by dogtree
Just got a new HP computer with Vista Home Premium. I love it but after I did the 14 suggested updates I get black screen with a vertical yellow line during start up. It didn't do that before the update. It does go away when the start up screen comes up. Should this be a concern ?I have the HP 19 inch wide screen monitor.
March 20th 07 02:38 PM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
1 86
Sleep Mode by Eddie
Does anyone know why windows vista wont go to sleep i know my CMOS Settings in my ASUS motherboard Bios is set correctly is ther something i should disable? is it because i have alot of USB devices comunicating with the motherboard constantly
December 14th 07 07:35 AM
by Eddie Go to last post
0 86
Cd drive & recovery disc by Tosh
Sorry, I can't find my old post of a few days ago. Laptop 3 1/2 months old, Vista premium. Its been having trouble ripping or playing cd's, only does part of them then stalls. It will play DVD movies, AND this morning I tried to rip one of my own cd's, did it fine, all 13 songs in normal quick time. The cd's I"m trying to rip are from the public library and have the security strips on them...
December 23rd 07 05:10 PM
by Tosh Go to last post
0 86
BSOD Memory Management and latest was with no reason by qUAan
I just RMA everything with brand new components. I had this problem from May and i thought something is causing it so i RMA everything but its still there. BSOD with Memory Management error, even though i got brand new sticks Asus P5 N32 SLi Deluxe, PD 840, Geforce 7950 GX2 PQI DDR2 PC5400 Bios is updated so are the drivers from the websites i just went under event viewer and i see alot of Red...
July 27th 07 04:18 AM
by BadGesa Go to last post
8 86
Linksys Print server by VetteBoy
My print server is not working with vista (32) Home Prem. I had a linksys guy try to set up LRP printing, still not working. Does anyone know about that or any suggestions? Thanks --
November 28th 07 07:54 PM
by John Go to last post

From The