  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
No sound with "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" by Roland Semmebraesl
Using a Thinkpad Z60m, executed vanilla installation from an OEM CD of Vista Business 32 Bit (this was no upgrade installation!!). This machine usually running XP. From this I know that sound device is "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" AnalogDevices Drivers there work smoothly. Any ideas how I get this thing to work?
April 21st 08 01:17 PM
by Roland Semmebraesl Go to last post
3 1,236
"HID data has stopped working" - bluetooth mouse error by dreadpyrat
Hi all, I have an HP dv9700z laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit installed. I'm up to date all on all updates for Vista, including SP1. I bought a Microsoft blue tooth notebook mouse 5000 and installed it. It works fine except that as soon as it connects, I get this meesage: "hid data has stopped working" Then it asks me to close the program. The mouse still works however, up until the next time...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 09 12:27 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
50 1,207
LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM by PaulP
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems to work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application (LifeCam.exe), I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working" I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera unplugged, installed with it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 16th 09 02:38 PM
by magitekarmour Go to last post
22 1,204
Drivers for saa7134 Tv card by Knud Rasmussen
Kworld have new saa 7134 drivers for vista. I have downloaded the driver, but it do not work. Can anyone explain how to install the driver, there is no instruktion in yhe driver file.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 10 12:59 PM
by chenox chenox Go to last post
10 1,156
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 10 05:23 AM
by NZSchoolTech[_2_] Go to last post
48 1,134
Hard drive light constantly flashing ,reading hard drive during id by Sid
I need some answers to a question, actually an answer or opinion. I have a dual boot machine XP/Vista Home Prem. , This is a pretty fast machine with plenty of horsepower to run Vista. Gigabyte Mobo, Athlon 64 X2 4400+ chip, 4gb OCZ 800mhz. RAM, plenty of cooling and I'm not overclocking the processor or anything like that. During system IDLE the HD light is constantly flashing and I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 04:07 PM
by Roller2105 Go to last post
18 1,127
Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device called. Walt
May 15th 10 04:59 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
7 1,078
No Audio Output Device Installed - Help required by OllyC
Hi all, I am experiencing the above error. Apologies for the following dry report, but if I'm sure you will ask if I dont! Thanks in advance for any responses. I have a Tosh U305-S5077 running Vista with all current updates and am receiving the above 'error' - i.e. no sound. It is shown on the speaker on the lower toolbar with a red X on the speaker. The error has been sporadic and has been...
July 27th 10 02:59 PM
by OllyC Go to last post
0 1,058
upgrade to 64 bit by guitardude[_2_]
Hi, I am currently running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, but I am considering upgrading to Vista Ultimate and the 64 bit version if I can. How do I find out If my hardware can support a 64 bit OS? Thanks in advance, guitardude
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 24th 08 10:07 PM
by shane Go to last post
48 1,039
ram ..please help by veryunhappy
hi there i have just installed 2x2gb memory cards to go with my other 2x2gb cards making a total of 8gb of ram as that is what my mother board can take i have checked bios start up menu and the ram is in as it is saying i have 8196mb of ram but when i go onto base index score to check for hardware the extra ram is not showing as the new hardware is not being detected ?????why is this does any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 7th 08 06:40 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
53 1,007
How to increase system system performance by Tae Song
I thought I would share this with you all, a few little tricks to boost Windows performance. If you have a spare USB flash drive or you are willing to get a cheap say 1GB flash drive. First we plug in the flash drive. Go to Disk Manager and assign it a drive letter, like Z: (this is just to get it out of the way and optional)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 09 05:36 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
55 1,002
nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys by Depops
I am using Vista Home Premium on: Athlon64 3000 MSI GeForce 7800GT GA-K8NF-9 motherboard 2GB RAM Every time I tried to install, the installer would BSOD near the end when it tried to load my video drivers. The BSOD pointed to nvlddmkm.sys. I was finally able to complete an install by letting this happen, then booting from the disc and using the command prompt to delete nvlddmkm.sys. When the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 10 08:05 AM
by Strider Ryu Go to last post
36 993
Please Help - second HDD unknown; unreadable; unallocated by Bux63
I just finished assembling my computer. It’s an ambitious project with Gigabyte GA-P-35- DS4 Motherboard and two HDD a) Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 (for OS + programms) b) Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s (for all other things) Vista 64-bit installation was easy, problems started right after. Under Computer only one...
January 28th 08 06:53 PM
by Bux63 Go to last post
2 989
USB Browser Mouse Driver Error by bulb005
I got the following error while trying to install my usb dell optical mouse "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Browser Mouse An error occurred during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 10 02:43 PM
by dencybk Go to last post
27 987
SATA Drive disappears... by RogueWarrior
I installed SP1 and all of a sudden when my machine wakes from sleep - my SATA drive disappears. Why is this??? I have enabld AHCI in BIOS and it worked great I did NOT install Intel's Matrix driver I have an Intel DP35DP Mother board I have Vista Ultimate I have an IDE drive as my primary/boot drive I have two SATA drives. One is a SATA/300 and has no issues (so far). The one with issues...
May 12th 08 02:11 PM
by giorgi Go to last post
5 965
Vista and ATI 8.5 Display driver atikmdag crashes by Derek[_6_]
With the ATI Catalyst 8.1 or 8.5 installed, I was getting the error message "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error whilst playing games and Google earth, then blue screens appeared eventually. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Intel Core 2 E8300 2.88Ghz 2G DDR2 800 ATI Radeon HD3690 256mb 1 Seagate 500G SATA II 7200 w/32mb
July 16th 09 06:47 PM
by jalex3 Go to last post
8 963
Gameport on Creative SBLive sound card by Eran
Hi, I have a Creative SBLive sound card (PCI). Vista installed the sound drivers ok, but generates an error when it tries to install the Gameport driver for the gameport (15-pin) that is on the card. Any suggestions? Vista error details are below for two scenarios I tried. Device manager accepts it if I select "Unsupported Game Port for Creative", but that doesn't help since I can't use the...
December 14th 06 05:07 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 958
Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices? by Tim Sagstetter
My computer includes an HDMI output port on an ADD2 card. The card is internally connected to the High Definition Audio Device header on the main board to provide audio output via the HDMI jack. The computer also has typical 7.1 audio output via ST jacks and an SPDIF jack. The only way I've found to switch among the audio output devices is to use Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 10 06:25 PM
by Rhodri MM-D Go to last post
34 953
Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter by cwinterb
Windows update offered me a driver update for the above device (it is based on a Ralink chipset). I opted to download and install it. All seemed OK until my PC asked for a restart, when it hung on the "Shutting Down" screen and I eventually had to power it off. The PC then refused to boot up. It went through the POST fine, through the initial Vista boot-up screens, then, after a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 09 01:21 PM
by twich Go to last post
10 912
This operation requires an interactive window station by Guru
Hello, I am trying to install my Lexmark scanner and I get the error message saying "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." "This operation requires an interactive window station". If anyone can help with this it would be great because there are forums all over the internet with people that have this problem and no...
April 3rd 08 03:56 AM
by sheitmar Go to last post

From The