  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
How to increase system system performance by Tae Song
I thought I would share this with you all, a few little tricks to boost Windows performance. If you have a spare USB flash drive or you are willing to get a cheap say 1GB flash drive. First we plug in the flash drive. Go to Disk Manager and assign it a drive letter, like Z: (this is just to get it out of the way and optional)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 09 05:36 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
55 1,966
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 10 05:23 AM
by NZSchoolTech[_2_] Go to last post
48 1,962
Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter by cwinterb
Windows update offered me a driver update for the above device (it is based on a Ralink chipset). I opted to download and install it. All seemed OK until my PC asked for a restart, when it hung on the "Shutting Down" screen and I eventually had to power it off. The PC then refused to boot up. It went through the POST fine, through the initial Vista boot-up screens, then, after a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 09 01:21 PM
by twich Go to last post
10 1,905
Dual Boot Instructions by DavidG
Hi I'm wanting to create a dual boot for my PC. I would like to use 2 separate HDDs. One HDD has Vista Business (current) and the other proposed HDD will have XP. I would like to locate some good user-friendly instructions on how to do this by downloading from a web site, or maybe someone on the group has a set of instructions. Could someone assist please? Is there a good site on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 09 04:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
34 1,896
Can Vista Ultimate output to multiple audio devices? by Tim Sagstetter
My computer includes an HDMI output port on an ADD2 card. The card is internally connected to the High Definition Audio Device header on the main board to provide audio output via the HDMI jack. The computer also has typical 7.1 audio output via ST jacks and an SPDIF jack. The only way I've found to switch among the audio output devices is to use Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 10 06:25 PM
by Rhodri MM-D Go to last post
34 1,836
upgrade to 64 bit by guitardude[_2_]
Hi, I am currently running 32 bit Vista Home Premium, but I am considering upgrading to Vista Ultimate and the 64 bit version if I can. How do I find out If my hardware can support a 64 bit OS? Thanks in advance, guitardude
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 24th 08 10:07 PM
by shane Go to last post
48 1,806
nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys by Depops
I am using Vista Home Premium on: Athlon64 3000 MSI GeForce 7800GT GA-K8NF-9 motherboard 2GB RAM Every time I tried to install, the installer would BSOD near the end when it tried to load my video drivers. The BSOD pointed to nvlddmkm.sys. I was finally able to complete an install by letting this happen, then booting from the disc and using the command prompt to delete nvlddmkm.sys. When the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 10 08:05 AM
by Strider Ryu Go to last post
36 1,770
Please Help - second HDD unknown; unreadable; unallocated by Bux63
I just finished assembling my computer. It’s an ambitious project with Gigabyte GA-P-35- DS4 Motherboard and two HDD a) Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 (for OS + programms) b) Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s (for all other things) Vista 64-bit installation was easy, problems started right after. Under Computer only one...
January 28th 08 06:53 PM
by Bux63 Go to last post
2 1,719
Cannot access external hard drive by Bullet
had a laptop crash so i transfered laptop hard drive to an external enclosure (USB 2.0) but now when I plug it into my desktop i get an error message g:/ is not accessible - parameter is incorrect (location not available). any help -- taz
March 19th 08 01:03 PM
by Terry Go to last post
3 1,694
USB Browser Mouse Driver Error by bulb005
I got the following error while trying to install my usb dell optical mouse "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Browser Mouse An error occurred during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 10 02:43 PM
by dencybk Go to last post
27 1,678
"USB Device not Recognized" by Tex
"...One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it..." I already tried deleting infcache.1 but it had no effect. - tex
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 10 07:48 PM
by lajmic Go to last post
25 1,649
Best Video card at this point of Vista developement by joymac
I am presently running vista ultimate on a amd Athlon 64 x2 with aNvidia Geforce 7300 gs microsoft drivers as I had some troubles with Nvidia driver installing and am going to wait till driver is out of bata before trying again. Performance index is only 3.2 on business and gaming graphics same machine using RC2 and Nvidia driver result was 3.4. I have the task of upgrading serveral machines...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 28th 07 10:49 PM
by willyG Go to last post
44 1,625
ram ..please help by veryunhappy
hi there i have just installed 2x2gb memory cards to go with my other 2x2gb cards making a total of 8gb of ram as that is what my mother board can take i have checked bios start up menu and the ram is in as it is saying i have 8196mb of ram but when i go onto base index score to check for hardware the extra ram is not showing as the new hardware is not being detected ?????why is this does any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 7th 08 06:40 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
53 1,607
Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM version) on Dell D820 by Kjeld_h
Hi I have a Dell D820 w. 1 GB RAM. When I try to install Vista and the computer is loading the DVD - I'am told that the pc/cpu is not able to load a 64 bit appl. It is a Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU. I have tryed to change/setup the BIOS (version 7) any posible way. Have anyone tryed to install Vista x64 on a Dell D820? Please help... --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 08 06:53 PM
by jerryw4386 Go to last post
16 1,591
SATA Drive disappears... by RogueWarrior
I installed SP1 and all of a sudden when my machine wakes from sleep - my SATA drive disappears. Why is this??? I have enabld AHCI in BIOS and it worked great I did NOT install Intel's Matrix driver I have an Intel DP35DP Mother board I have Vista Ultimate I have an IDE drive as my primary/boot drive I have two SATA drives. One is a SATA/300 and has no issues (so far). The one with issues...
May 12th 08 02:11 PM
by giorgi Go to last post
5 1,564
Drivers for saa7134 Tv card by Knud Rasmussen
Kworld have new saa 7134 drivers for vista. I have downloaded the driver, but it do not work. Can anyone explain how to install the driver, there is no instruktion in yhe driver file.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 10 12:59 PM
by chenox chenox Go to last post
10 1,491
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC by Autobot5150
I am unable to get my Xbox 360 wireless controller to connect to the wireless receiver under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The wireless controller is using a standard battery pack. My PC is running a eVga's Nvidia 680i motherboard, which is controlling the USB ports. The wireless receiver plugs directly into one of the motherboard's rear USB ports. If I power the controller on before I turn...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 10 07:47 AM
by poolcue Go to last post
20 1,424
Hard drive light constantly flashing ,reading hard drive during id by Sid
I need some answers to a question, actually an answer or opinion. I have a dual boot machine XP/Vista Home Prem. , This is a pretty fast machine with plenty of horsepower to run Vista. Gigabyte Mobo, Athlon 64 X2 4400+ chip, 4gb OCZ 800mhz. RAM, plenty of cooling and I'm not overclocking the processor or anything like that. During system IDLE the HD light is constantly flashing and I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 04:07 PM
by Roller2105 Go to last post
18 1,413
ricoh RL5C592 MEMORY STICK BUS HOST ADAPTER by trndispr
after installing vista 64bit home premium - host adapter shows as a unknown base system device-- Ricoh rl5c592 memory stick bus host adapter - need driver -anyone have any ideas and rl5c843 mmc host controller
March 2nd 07 08:09 PM
by trndispr Go to last post
2 1,399
Cannot write to drive "Media is write protected" by bogus83
Hi all, This seems to be a new development, and I'm stumped. I've got three internal hard drives- one housing Vista Ultimate x64, one housing Ubuntu 8.04 x64, and one being used for storage for both OS's. Up until recently they've cooperated nicely. Now, the storage drive (drive E:\) will not let me write to it. I cannot rename, delete, cut, or write any new files to any part of that drive. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 09 01:57 PM
by compaid Go to last post
42 1,392