Bluetooth mouse problem with vista by Alex[_4_]
Hi, I am using a Logitech bluetooth mouse with Vista Home Basic edition...... the mouse cannot be use upon awake from sleep or resume from hibernation...... Is there any fix for it? Thanks
September 19th 07 05:58 PM
by John Lee Brown[_2_] Go to last post
3 125
All DVD devices suddenly stopped working by Alex_The_one
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)... ....Was the error i got when trying to reinstall the driver. Have always been using the vista default driver. I've done nothing to make this happen what i know of, but when i got home today my DVD drive and Virtual DVD devices were gone and i couldnt get them back. I've tried...
May 12th 08 10:30 PM
by Krystian Go to last post
3 180
TV Cards by Alfred Crispin
Will a suitable TV Card obtainable for my Vista Home Premium allow me to copy tapes from VCR to my hard drive for later editing. Or can someone recommend a reasonable priced card for this purpose.
June 16th 08 02:46 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 243
VHS Conversion by Alfred Crispin
Is there any hardware that I can obtain for Vista Home Premium to convert from VHS to Movie Maker for burning to DVD
June 14th 08 04:24 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
1 261
A bad hard drive? by Alfred Kaufmann
I had my Vista Home Premium 64bit running on a stripped raid setup using two Samsung 80GB drives. I was getting lots of odd behavior and file corruption so I replaced both hard drives and my system is running very smooth right now. I decided to use a Seagate DOS utility to check out the Samsung drives and both passed the long read test. However when I started up Vista to format and use these...
August 13th 07 02:43 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
2 118
Need a camera recommendation with 64bit software by Alfred Kaufmann
I have been looking for a new digital camera to replace one that turned into an antique when I installed Vista 64bit. Lots of cameras out there but every time I look closely, there is no mention of Vista. :-( I would appreciate hearing some recommendations I can look up. Thanks, Al
August 21st 07 10:56 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 100
Death by Power Surge! by Alfred Kaufmann
My areas was struck by lightening and I had a power surge. I needed to replace my cable modem, my router and my brand spanking new computer is in the shop. Clearing the CMOS did not bring it back to life. :-( What I am wondering, I have everything plugged into those power surge protectors and how did this power surge get into my equipment? I am thinking it followed the cable into the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 07 07:57 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
12 177
2GB to 4GB, how much of an improvement? by Alfred Kaufmann
I am thinking of going to 4GB ram and I wonder if it is worth it? The only reason I am thinking of doing it is to turn off virtual memory and eliminate swapping on the hard drive. Please let me know your experience if you have done this upgrade. Al
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 07 07:28 PM
by John_T Go to last post
25 512
Windows Media Center - No Sound on playback or live TV by Alfred Kaufmann
I have Vista Home Premium installed and everything used to be working well. My video card died and it has been RMA'ed and in the meantime I instaled my old video card. Everything works as it should except in the Windows Media Center. It starts up properly with all the right sounds and I can hear when I move to the different menus. However when I go to live TV or try to play a recorded show, I...
November 12th 07 09:57 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
0 170
Microphone is always on. by Alfred Kaufmann
My microphone is always on and I wonder is this is a problem with Vista Home Premium or with the Vista driver from Auzentech? I think it may be causing feedback thatI do not wnt. In XP PRO the microphone only worked when required by an application. Al
April 7th 07 02:23 PM
by dev Go to last post
2 121
Downgraded from Dolby Digital to Stereo by Alfred Kaufmann
I upgraded to Home Premium for a computer I use with my entertainment system, when it was finished I did not have any audio driver. This was soon fixed with an update from Nvidia but it is a very crappy audio driver. I used to have 5.1 Dolby digital with all sorts of options now I have plain stereo with no mixer options. Does anyone know if Nvidia will fix this any time soon or do I have to...
February 18th 07 07:45 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
3 247
Need a Printer recommendation for 64bit Vista by Alfred Kaufmann
I am looking for a good laser colour printer/scanner that will work with Vista 64bit. It would be nice if it has an ethernet connection but I can live with USB. Please let me know if you know of a good printer. Al
August 18th 07 11:09 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
2 113
Logical Drive to Primary Partition in Vista? by alg0r1thm
I would like to know how to change a Logical Drive to a Primary Partition in Vista.  I have 2 HDD's so I don't need to shrink any of my HDD's to make a virtual drive. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 19th 09 06:14 PM
by alg0r1thm Go to last post
0 252
Partition Lost by Ali
I've a Vista Business on my laptop. I can't mount my third partition, when I try to mount it using disk management console I got: (I can see the partition in the list of partitions, but it can't display file system type) "The operation failed to complete because Disk Management Console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk...
July 13th 09 02:38 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 256
TV card drivers by ALi
i'm using windows vista ultimate x64 does any1 know where i can get the vista 64bit drivers for the AVerMedia TVT5 M779 Internal PAL-SECAM-DVBt Hybrid TV Tuner i got this card with my dell pc, but cant seem to find them on the dell website, i cant even locate the card on avermedias suppport site,
August 4th 07 10:05 PM
by bluegod1478 Go to last post
5 118
3D Flip correlated to Resolution...Fix? by Ali G
Currently running Vista 64 bit on my Dell E510 2.8g Dual Core Pentium. It runs like a charm, but I have this annoying problem with 3D flip. Aero, glassy windows, and 3D Flip all work great at lower resolutions, but I want to maximize my desktop space. The highest it works on is 1024*768, if I put it any higher, the windows are no longer glassy and flip 3D automatically reverts back to...
October 10th 06 09:40 PM
by Mark W Scheidell Go to last post
4 121
Dell E510 2.8gig Dual Core Processor and Vista 64 bit? by Ali G
I have a Dell e510 2.8g Dual core processor and recently downloaded the 64 bit version of Vista RC2 and installed it. It installed with no problems, but as I read more and more, I'm wondering..."was I supposed to install the 32 bit one?" 1) Wouldn't it tell me during install if I was doing the incorrect one? 2) Is my computer 64 bit compatible, I can't find info on the internet regarding...
October 10th 06 05:20 PM
by HDRDTD Go to last post
3 126
Soundblaster Live Problems by Alias
Hello all, I have a Soundblaster Live! Value sound card that Vista Home Basic will not install drivers for. Worse, the Creative Labs people don't provide Vista compatible drivers for this card. Does anyone know if Microsoft has drivers for this particular piece of hardware. I hate having to invest more dollars just trying to get Vista to run correctly with my current devices. Man, this...
June 23rd 07 12:42 AM
by Alias Go to last post
3 155
Can SATA and IDE CoExist by Alias
Hello all, I just bought a new Dell system which came with 250GB SATA drive. I want to add my older 80GB IDE drive into the new system but the all the cables coming off the power supply look like SATA power connector. Is is possible for me to use the IDE drive in the new OptiPlex system? This SATA stuff is totally new for me so I don't know much about how to get other things to co-exist...
May 12th 07 01:29 PM
by Drew Go to last post
6 126
Can't Split Drive by Alias
Hello all, I am running Vista Home Basic and have a 250GB SATA drive. I have tried using various programs (Acronis Disk Director Suite v10, etc) to create a second partition on my drive, but it's not working. It looks like the partition software is working, but when all is said and done and I check the drive nothing has changed. Is Vista somehow protecting the hard drive from other...
May 31st 07 02:23 PM
by JH Elliott Go to last post

From The