  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Added 2nd DVD RW, Vista freezes on Start-up by Mark N.
Hi -- I have an machine with an internal IDE DVD-rewriteable drive which has been working fine with Vista 32 Home Premium for most of 2007. I purchased an internal SATA DVD-rewritable drive to give me a second DVD drive. When installed, the SATA drive is properly recognized in BIOS. Vista, however, loads up to the point that the desktop is displayed, but then after a few seconds (during...
December 7th 07 03:21 AM
by Mark N. Go to last post
0 146
added more ram now windows vista is deactivaded by BILL D.
hi i install another gig of ram in my pc and vista says i have three days to activate! i have a legal copy of oem windows vista ultimate with a legal licsene key that came with the box, when i try ta activate online it says the key is already in use, it is my key, so why did it deactivate when i installed more ram?please help thanks
March 4th 07 08:50 PM
by BILL D. Go to last post
2 225
Adding a 2nd HD in Vista Ultimate OEM by AndyH
Hi All, I'm running Vista Ultimate OEM vers. and I'm trying to add another SATA HD to use as a backup drive. I already have a RAID 0 as the main drive and an additional drive for swap, small backups etc. but have exceeded capacity and need a new full backup drive. Problem is I can't get Vista to recognise the drive. It appears in the Device Manager as an unknown device and doesn't appear at...
June 5th 07 08:58 PM
by motley Go to last post
9 259
adding a hard drive by Steve Shattuck
I have a Dell computer running xp pro with an 80 gig Ultra ATA hard drive. There is only one hard drive bay but there are two optical drive bays that I am currently using. Can I take out one of my DVD drives and put a hard drive in that bay that would work along with my current drive? I want to get an internal drive because of the cost savings over the external. Lastly, is the drive...
November 22nd 07 01:19 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 165
adding a hard drive by pud
i amd currently trying to add a slave hard drive but for some strange reason vista isn't reading i have one even though in device manager it says there is one can someone help me out on this problem.......... also when i start my computer up it says that i have 2 hard drives one a master and the other a slave..............
January 15th 08 12:18 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 142
Adding a hardware device by Maurice
Attempting to add an internal DVD ROM drive that is supposed to be plug and play. When booting, error 'no system found' is generated. When the drive is removed the machine boots normally. Apparently, the presence of the drive confuses the system. If the drive is connected after booting there is the option to 'add a hardware device'. Regrettably this option does not offer drives as a...
November 29th 08 09:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 300
Adding a PCI wireless card to a desktop computer by Robert McN
I just got a new Dell desktop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. I need to add a PCI wireless card to be able to connect to the internet. The brand I got was NetGear. At the store they told me it was compatible, but every time I tried to add the card, Vista said it was not compliant and so it basically shut down the process of loading the driver. I spoke with the people at...
March 20th 07 06:43 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
1 142
Adding a program to Autorun options for a digital camera by Rich[_4_]
Does anyone know how to add a program such as Microsoft's Digital Image Suite Import Wizard to the Vista Autorun options for a digital camera? I have found registry entries that will add it to the Pictures section of the Autorun Control Panel but it does not appear for my digital camera (Canon SD950IS).
April 5th 08 10:51 PM
by Rich[_4_] Go to last post
4 186
Adding a second HD by Johncon612
My new pc desktop has a place for a second HD. Can I insert the HD from my old pc without losing the os,Win XP, and the programs on it. My idea is to run one HD with Vista and the second with XP. I seem to recal that adding a loaded HD to a different pc could be a problem. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
April 13th 08 12:28 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 119
Adding an unformatted drive un a USB external enclosure - help! by Johnny C
I have an unformatted hard drive in a USB external enclosure. I know with XP you needed to use PQ Magic or Acronis complete suite so create a partition pointing to the new disk and then format it. I had hoped that Vista would have built this functionality in. SO I plugged the new disk in last night, and nothing. No drive letter. Does anyone know how I can do it with native Vista, or do I...
November 10th 08 12:48 PM
by ekimssor Go to last post
3 304
adding custom resolutions under vista ultimate x86 by Paul Eaton
big screen lcd trouble. i have a nvidia 7800gt pci-x and a 32" lcd olevia hdtv i use as my monitor. under win xp pro nvidias drivers will let you add and make custom res. vista however seems to not let ndivia or powerstrip or anything have the priv to change these settings. ive tried powerstrip,rivatuner. ect. if anyone knows the soulution please feel free to email me.
May 28th 07 12:21 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 115
Adding e-SATA Drive Changes Physical Disk 0 in Logical Disk Manager - Any Problem? by Ronnie Pincus
I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a SCSI boot drive, which shows correctly as Physical Disk 0 in Vista's Logical Disk Manager snap-in. It is partitioned as Drive C. I have an additional SCSI drive for data partitioned as Drive D that shows correctly as Physical Disk 1. The SCSI drives are connected to an Adaptec 19160 host adapter in the PCI slot. I recently added an external e-SATA...
June 16th 07 05:29 AM
by Ronnie Pincus Go to last post
0 120
Adding IDE Drive to New System with ATA / SATA Architecture by Derek King
Finally got a new system, made my buy, no problem with Vista , (new drive). Added Maxtor 'OneTouch' USB 500GB external HD for backup. I attached my Samsung SP1203N 120GB HD using a UDMA connection cable to the primary IDE connection on the system board. The OS is WinXP Pro SP2 When I rebooted I went to the BIOS to see the drive was recognized, and it showed an accurate approximation of used and...
December 29th 08 02:30 AM
by Andy Go to last post
2 260
adding memory by jynxed
I have a new pc with only 256MB of RAM- how hard is it to add memory? Also, how do I find out how many GB the hard drive is?
January 3rd 08 08:19 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 139
Adding Memory by LarryB
Ok, after spending the last couple of hours reading the posts from searches on "ram" and "memory", I don't know which I'm afraid of more, changing my memory configuration, or asking the following! :-)) I mean it's been asked to death and I'm still at somewhat of a loss. So I apologize in advance for being a bit thick! I'm running Vista 32 bit Ultimate on a Dell E510 D820 2GB DDR2 SD Ram,...
May 22nd 07 04:19 AM
by Drew Go to last post
3 112
Adding memory in Vista64? by Exit Only Once
I built this machine to work on Vista64, so it is not my main machine. The original machine is: ASUS M2R32-mvp AMD 5600+ 2GB G.skill memory ATI 2600XT x 2 (crossfire) I used the defaults on the BIOS except to turn off the floppy interface.
December 15th 07 04:07 AM
by brink[_2330_] Go to last post
8 169
Adding more ram telling me to activate again by veritas7333
I had 1 gig of ram in my computer and wanted to add another one..so i bought another gig to add and when i did add it, it says i have three days to activate windows, but i have already activated windows and when i try and type in my key gen again it says it is already in use..so i took the gig of ram back out and it says windows is activated..if anyone could please help me out i would...
March 19th 07 07:23 PM
by Bullet Go to last post
4 130
adding printer to Vista by meron
I am trying to add a network printer to my new system with Vista and keep on getting the message "you do not have the right to do this". What do I do to install the printer???
June 22nd 07 12:07 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 180
Adding Programs to Scanner Events? by Nigel Molesworth
My scanner has a number of buttons that trigger events. In the list of actions, I only have PhotoShop and Abby Fine Reader. How can I add more programs to the list?
February 12th 08 10:12 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 138
adding ram by marteebus
I have a new toshiba satellite notebook. I took out the 512 card, and added 2 1gig cards. not I get blue screen especially when using windows picture. Any help for this novice? thanks, Marteebus
September 29th 07 01:03 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The