Keyboard driver does not load by Michael G
Lost the use of the keyboard after a failed attempt to install Webroot Spysweeper which froze the system. Power off, power on, run Check Disk or whatever its name is now: no keyboard. In Device Manager there is a yellow triangle next to the keyboard. In PROPERTIES there is the message that the driver is unable to load. I tried uninstall the keyboard to allow it to reinstall upon re-boot but...
May 13th 07 05:45 PM
by Michael G Go to last post
6 151
sony cyber shoot DSC-N2 can not be recognized by poor me :'(
how can i let my pc recognize my camera ? i tried the camera cd but it didn't work and i asked sony & they told me that the driver should be already installed in vista what to do??????
May 13th 07 07:56 PM
by poor me :'( Go to last post
0 130
Adding serial game controller by srw
My mother has a new computer that was preinstalled with Windows Vista (UGH!!!!!!) and we have installed a sound card with a game/serial port that we are needing to use for a foot pedal. Windows shows the unsupported generic game port and it says that it is working properly. But if you go into the game controller option on the Control panel, it doesn't show the unsupported game controller...
May 13th 07 09:37 PM
by srw Go to last post
0 140
WMDC / Artemis disconnects by debully
Background: No problems with vista/orbit before sending laptop of for a hdd swap out, comes back with a new drive and I do a fresh install of Vista, WMDC has been updated to final version 6 in the mean time and nothing now works. Orbit is then hard resetted. WMDC tries to set up the device but before I can press the 'set up my device button' my laptop thinks the device has...
May 13th 07 10:28 PM
by debully Go to last post
1 157
Vista HPrem / WMDC Final / O2 Orbit sync problem by debully
Just had to do a fresh, install of Vista HPrem due to HDD failure. WMDC is now out of beta, and I followed the install instructions from the download site to the letter, hard reset my Orbit. Everytime I plug the orbit it, WMDC says 'connecting' for about 10 secs, then gives me a 'set up you device' / 'connect as a guest' dialogue for about 1 second before saying 'disconnected'. I've...
May 13th 07 10:32 PM
by debully Go to last post
4 154
WMDC / HTC Artemis by debully
Sort the issue with WMDC and the htc ARTEMIS which fails to connect., ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...
May 13th 07 10:32 PM
by debully Go to last post
1 155
Vista x64 hangs because of HD by im14
I have a very special problem. Specs first: Intel E6700 ASUS Striker Extreme OCZ PC2-6400 2x1024MB 800MHz Fist HD (OS): Western Digital Raptor 74GB SATA 8MB 10000RPM *_Second_(storage):_Hitachi_Deskstar_500_GB_* The latter I cant find the exact name on because It bought it a long time ago...
May 13th 07 10:57 PM
by im14 Go to last post
0 136
Microsofts Dream come true? Laptop= $10 and OS= $300 ! by Spocks Buddy
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199203891&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News India Looks To Produce World's First $10 Laptop The efforts thus far have yielded designs for a laptop that would cost about $47; a $10 system remains the ultimate goal. By Paul McDougall
May 14th 07 01:40 AM
by Rich Go to last post
7 164
USB serial controller by [email protected]
I bought a knockoff Nokia usb cable and can't install drivers on the USB serial controller in my device manager. I think i'm crewed but thought I would ask if there is help. {PL2303 Prolic} from cellshop
May 14th 07 02:41 AM
by Don Go to last post
1 167
"The network BIOS session limit was exceeded" try to access NAS by Joachim
I have a problem with a Lacie Network Disk (NAS) which turns unaccessible from my Vista Ultimate PC after some time with the error message "The network BIOS session limit was exceeded" The Lacie support replies (see below) that this issue lies with Vista. My NAS has a 25 user limit and Lacie support thinks it is related to that Vista doesn't disconnect after each access. How can I solve this...
May 14th 07 07:04 AM
by Joachim Go to last post
0 184
Has microsoft release the ipod fix? by Drema
I would like to know if Vista has been updated? I am asking because I do not want to have to do another system restore to find out? This OS should not of been released. Vista is causing problems with adobe, ipod, disappearing CD/DVD drives and even my bios update. I have put many hours into trying to find these prblems only to find out it is the Vista OS. I am telling everyone I know not to...
May 14th 07 07:56 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
3 145
Philips VOIP 433 Phone by Neil
Seems to be a problem with the USB audio driver. WLM finds the required MSN phone although there is a yellow cross on the device (Philips phone my machine does not know it’s a mic and speaker) itself. Vista returns the comments that the USB drivers are up-to-date. Philips support says to boot disabling digital signatures although this does not work. Please help. Thanks Neil
May 14th 07 09:16 AM
by Neil Go to last post
2 133
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX USB by Trombonez
The driver installs perfectly on Vista, but it is set to MUTE by default. I had to go to balance options in the properties of the soundcard to un-mute it. Then it worked fine! Suggestion to change that? Or is there some reason that I did not get? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this...
May 14th 07 09:53 AM
by Trombonez Go to last post
0 109
External Hard Drive Confusion by Zeroes
Well you see, I have this hard drive, an Acomdata 120GB external USB hard drive. It is around 3 years old now, it worked just fine for all three of those years, until recently. For some reason it isn't being recognized in Windows Vista, or XP for that matter. However, I have a dual-boot of Ubuntu Linux on my computer currently, and it recognizes the drive and it's contents. Whereas Windows...
May 14th 07 02:17 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 97
local network by local network
one desktop with vista, one notebook with XP connected with a cross cable. From notebook I can connect to desktop I give user and pwd and I see public folder and also the desktop printer. When I try to connect from desktop (Vista) to notebook (XP) I have the message: You have no permission. do you have idea ? thanks
May 14th 07 02:26 PM
by Malke Go to last post
4 118
USB Drive Mounts as CD-ROM Drive by freddy
Gentlemen, I purchased a 2 GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive with U3 software installed. I uninstalled the U3 software before using it as a Ready Boost device. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB RAM. The Ready Boost function seems to be working properly, according to the Properties of the Cruzer device in Computer (formerly My Computer).
May 14th 07 05:08 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 126
Does Nvidia Gforce 6200 supports Aero ? by mac
Does Nvidia Gforce 6200 supports Aero 256 MB? Thanks, mac
May 14th 07 05:15 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 121
PROBLEMS WITH CANON SMARTBASE MP370 by shazamac
Can anyone out there help me? I have a Canon MP370 which worked perfectly well on XP - i have just bought a new computer with Vista as the OS and i cannot get the printer to successfully install. I have downlaoded the drivers off Canon and get so far but then am told that they cannot trace a 'printer port' Am completely stumped and would be grateful for some help.
May 14th 07 06:02 PM
by shazamac Go to last post
0 102
No sound from DVD by L Eugene F
Hi, I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a computer with Intel Core Duo CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 8800 GTS, and SoundBlaster Xtreme Audio card. However, when I place a DVD movie into my Sony DVD player and burner, I get no sound from the DVD though there Itunes and music CDs play sound with no problem. Any solutions? Respectfully, Eugene
May 14th 07 08:48 PM
by idlovesyou Go to last post
3 124
Need driver for external hardrive by aidan
I already contacted my computer manufacturer w/c is dell on this issue, they cant do anything about it and asked me to contact the manufacter of my external hardrive (simpletech). Usually, external hard drive is a Plug and Play system which works on my other computer, by the way (sony, and XP OS) but not on my new one - Windows Vista. Even the manufacter of external hard drive cant provide...
May 15th 07 12:07 AM
by Don Go to last post

From The