Refresh Rate too high...how to fix it? by FusionFocus
I have a 22 inch widescreen monitor and a 9500GT nVidia graphics card. I noticed that the icons and the font in Vista was rather large earlier, so I tried to fix it. I accidentally set the refresh rate too high, and now I'm in Safe Mode trying to see how I can fix this so I can return to normal mode. I've tried restoring the system back to 2.18.10, but it didn't work. All it did was load up the...
February 21st 10 01:16 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
5 394
Vista fails to enter S1 or S3 sleep since installing Soundblaster X-Fi card by FusionGuy
I've been having random (approx. 75%) problems getting Windows Vista to enter either S1 or S3 sleep states since installing my new X-Fi Fata1ity card. The card itself works great (would like to see Vista supported software released soon). The system will attempt to enter a sleep state but hangs with a black screen. Power fans continue to run, etc. The system was working perfectly prior to...
April 30th 07 12:32 AM
by FusionGuy Go to last post
0 137
Roll back? by Futuramaboy
I currently own a audio input interface called MobilePre USB. I have recently purchased a computer with Windows Vista which (I think) is using service pack one (not sure how to check this!). The audio interface has been causing my computer to crash (blue screen) and having contacted the company they have told me that the hardware is not supported by Vista service pack one. They did say...
July 5th 08 06:25 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 208
Constant BlueScreen crashes -- driver issue? by Futureman
I think I may have a driver issue, but I'm at a loss as how to fix it. My system specs: Vista Home Basic 64-bit, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT (driver: 162.22_forceware_winvista_64bit_english_whql), X-Fi XtremeGamer (driver: SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0002), Gigabyte 965G-DS3 motherboard. I've been getting BlueScreen crashes since I bought the machine. They seem much worse now, hours or minutes apart. ...
October 2nd 07 01:20 PM
by phat_gibbo Go to last post
1 128
No sound !! grr. by Fuzion
Hello. I got a creative SB 2 ZS sound card it works fine for xp. and when i goes to vista it works for 15 sec then there is no sound and then i cant use the vista full performence with no sound !! help
October 7th 06 02:09 PM
by Mick Go to last post
3 156
no sound by Fuzion
Hello. I got a creative SB 2 ZS sound card it works fine for xp. and when i goes to vista it works for 15 sec then there is no sound and then i cant use the vista full performence with no sound !! help
October 6th 06 03:55 PM
by Fuzion Go to last post
0 167
help for Creative soundcard useres READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK. by Fuzion
if you got and Creative soundcard (No onboard souncard on motherbord) then the only thnig you have to do is to go on creatives homepage (creative.com) and go to support go to downloads and then you can chose your sound device the ther is drivers for 98, xp and VISTA 32 bit and 64 bit. then download and install. ! that could not be easy`er than that ! and then you got beutiful sound in your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 06 04:09 AM
by Hector Go to last post
10 286
No sound !! grr. by Fuzion
i got a creative SB 2 ZS it works fine for xp. and when i goes to vista it works for 15 sec then there is no sound and then i cant use the vista full performence with no sound !! help
October 6th 06 03:54 PM
by Fuzion Go to last post
0 157
help for Creative soundcard useres READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK. by Fuzion
if you got and Creative soundcard (No onboard souncard on motherbord) then the only thnig you have to do is to go on creatives homepage (creative.com) and go to support go to downloads and then you can chose your sound device the ther is drivers for 98, xp and VISTA 32 bit and 64 bit. then download and install. ! that could not be easy`er than that ! and then you got beutiful sound in your...
October 10th 06 02:09 AM
by ZNM Go to last post
1 138
mmc.exe error when opening Device Manager in Vista by fuzz
Just trying to find a few things to try to get past this mmc.exe error in Vista Home Premium. Can't seem to get the Device Manager to open, and I get this message window about the Microsoft Management Console not working after the attempt to open Device Manager fails. Running a HP Slimline Pavillion s7700n model.
April 26th 07 03:16 PM
by fuzz Go to last post
2 206
TabletPC Buttons by Fuzzy John
On a Gateway M-275 convertible notebook, after installing RC1 build 5728 the TabletPC buttons showed up as an unknown device. When I tried to update the driver and allowed Vista to search on the Internet the unknown device was installed as TabletPC Buttons. When I pressed the Screen Orientation button on the notebook I got a screen that listed various functions such as Log Off, Switch User,...
September 24th 06 02:55 PM
by Fuzzy John Go to last post
0 164
Synaptics Touchpad Drivers by Fuzzy John
Synaptics just released on their site version 9.1.0 for Vista 32 and Vista 64 drivers. So far everything looks OK. http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm
April 10th 07 05:14 AM
by Tashkenter Go to last post
4 181
Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!! by fvlmasl2
When I change any of my display settings (Brightness, Contrast and so on...) my pc seems to accept the changes, but after about 20-30 minutes the settings go back to settings prior to changes. I tried the monitor on a XP Pro pc and the settings stayed to what I changed them to. I moved the vid card from the Vista pc (not keeping changes) to the XP pc (keeping changes) and the changes...
January 24th 08 03:17 PM
by BeckyWC Go to last post
5 143
Dual LCD Display Issues by fvlmasl2[_2_]
Hello, I have Vista Ultimate 32 and when both LCD's are hooked up they both revert to default settings after I make any changes to the brightness, contrast...and so on. One is a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (Digital) and the other is a older ViewSonic VG150B (Analog). Once I unplug the Viewsonic from my system all is well with the settings. I have tried all the current drivers and updates...
December 1st 07 05:39 PM
by fvlmasl2[_2_] Go to last post
0 86
Uploading Only New Pictures by fweinberg
Each time I upload pictures from my camera, automatically Vista is uploading pics that have already been uploaded, not just the new pics. Does anyone know if and how I can upload only the new photos, without deleting them from my camera. This is becoming a real pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:) -- fweinberg
August 7th 09 09:12 PM
by fweinberg Go to last post
0 253
Vista RC1 and ATI Boards by FWhiting
A problem not evident in Beta 2, appeared in RC-1. Recurring "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" and "Memory" faults to blue screen. It turns out that my new ATI 1800 video board was the problem. Reverting to my old ATI 800 has stabilized the system. I sent the 1800 back to ATI. I guess we are still having some difficulties with the ATI control center, although I did not see them after...
October 22nd 06 03:46 PM
by FWhiting Go to last post
0 145
Issues with Wireless Networking causing blue screen by FyshStyx
Hi everyone, I've been having problems with my wireless connection on my laptop (MacBook Pro, running Vista via BootCamp, as well as Mac Leopard OSX or something) on the Vista side. Every so often when I'm at home (and it seems to be only at home), my wireless connection drops completely and can't be regained without a restart. When I try to reconnect to it in "Connect or disconnect to a...
March 2nd 09 12:41 AM
by teknomedic Go to last post
1 101
Sound stopped working after Vista update by G Moore
After an update this week my computer would crash to the blue screen of death every time I turned it on for about two days. On the third day after taking 12 minutes to load on startup it went into installing 11 new updates. When this was completed, the sound no longer worked. I have tried various solutions and finally used the Microsoft help solution of uninstalling the driver in Device...
October 19th 08 04:30 PM
by G Moore[_2_] Go to last post
4 213
Vista trouble by G-man
How would you get into the bios? I am having trouble as well i am trying to run the xp install disk. But the computer will not boot from it.
June 24th 07 07:58 PM
by G-man Go to last post
4 154
Mouse schemes for Vista Ultimate by G. L. Heaton
I was running Vista Business Upgrade over XP upgrades. The hardware is a Microsoft Trackball Optical 5 button mouse. I had a mouse scheme that was ACTUALLY a MOUSE. On my new computer running Vista ultimate, I can't load this scheme from the Intellepoint driver disk. I get a "version incompatible" error messege and have to load the Vista drivers from the web site. These driver no longer...
May 9th 08 12:41 AM
by G. L. Heaton Go to last post

From The